FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Scammer Alert: Watch out for "Gamat"

Moderator: Bladejunkie

<<

tangodown

Post Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:20 am

Dont fall for this Gamat guy.

Hey guys i posted a WTB thread about a 42 and a BM 40tr and the username Gamat sent me a private mesage says he has a NIB 42 and if im interested the price is $250.00......... #1 he has 0 post no location and is just plan stupid i told him off in the mesage just keep a look out and protect your money be safe! Gamat fail!
<<

Fargaminium

Post Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:01 pm

Re: Dont fall for this Gamat guy.

I wouldn't nessecarily debunk his whole sale due to the fact that he has 0 posts... However, I would wait/tell him to make an intro and post a WTS thread. If that comes up as suspicious I think it'd be fair game to call it a scam, otherwise I'm not so sure I'd jump the gun so fast.....
Muhammed Ali had it all wrong, butterflies sting plenty
<<

tangodown

Post Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:51 pm

ill wait for his reply but telling you he smells of funky scam lol only got scammed one time so far lucky it was only $130 but ill keep you up to date just keep a look out.
<<

Fargaminium

Post Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:31 pm

Just to raise suspicsion, he now has a WTS thread, trust it or not....
Muhammed Ali had it all wrong, butterflies sting plenty
<<

Mystik

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:36 pm

Scammer Alert: Watch out for "Gamat"

Hello, all.

I don't know where else to put this, so mods please move this thread to the correct sub-forum if need be.

So a couple of days ago, on 10-17-2011, I posted a thread in the "WTB" section over at Jerzeedevil looking for a Spyderco Szabofly. Not soon after, I receive a PM from a guy with the username "Gamat". He told me that he'll sell me a Szabofly for $150. First warning flag right there. I also noticed that he has 0 posts (still to this day as of the time of this writing) and that he just joined on 10-19-2011. Second warning flag. His profile says that he's from Malaysia. Third and the largest flag.

I immediately became suspicious because I remember a while back, there was also a kid from Malaysia who was also trying to "sell" (scam) his Szabofly for around $130-150. However, he was a scammer. You can see the original thread right here:
http://www.jerzeedevil.com/forums/showthread.php?86168-Zaky-Scammer-in-Da-House-

Well, I thought what if he is legit? He also included some pictures and I also asked for a timestamp and his username next to it:
http://imageshack.us/g/257/191020112268.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/g/231/image2270.jpg/

I was pretty paranoid at this point and decided to just not risk losing out $150 to some punk bitch from Malaysia. A few days pass by, and I decided to drop by here to see if anyone has a Szabofly for sale. What do you know... I noticed that he also put up his Szabofly and his 51 for sale here, the same day as when he PM'd me here over at the mighty JD.

I decided to PM him once again, asking if he is still selling, and asking for his Paypal address (just to verify). His Paypal address? zakgamat@yahoo.com

Zak? Really? That just confirmed my suspicions that this guy who is selling a Szabofly from Malaysia, is most likely the same Zak scammer from a while ago.

PLEASE DO NOT SEND HIM ANY MONEY. He also made a listing here so please do watch out for any listings or Private Message offers for balisongs, especially the Szabofly and the 51, from anyone in Malaysia with "Zak" in their Paypal address. And please spread the word. I also posted this on the mighty JD.

Thanks.
And stay sharp.

- Mystik
<<

mazhaoshen

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: Scammer Alert: Watch out for "Gamat"

Same thing happened to me but I was going for the BM 51, I was legit about to buy it this morning until I saw the email address with zak in it. Be careful everyone
<<

marrif78

Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:36 am

just because i live in Asia doesn't mean i don't know how to google. this guy metallica a.k.a Gamat (_enka_ told me they're the same guy) sent me 2 pictures of "his" BM 42 and 43 through e-mail. I saw the exact same pics on google.

nice try
<<

Erichighers

Post Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:32 pm

I cant believe I fell for his scam, he was useing the account BlueberryF and his email was zaki sukaicecream and he was selling a bm51 for $130 and of corse i had to go all retarded and buy it :| but i filed a dispute and im going to get my money back no matter what, but that prick is ruining this forum. Once I get my money back im leaving these forums and not buying from the secondary market ever again, people like him make it so just cant trust anyone...
<<

zeekster

Post Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:12 pm

Well, my name is Zak, so...

Return to Trusted or Busted