FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

TKD9532! Scammer! Beware!

Moderator: Bladejunkie

<<

sicheah

Post Thu May 31, 2012 11:39 am

User: TKD9532 (Item not as described)

Recently purchased a used Benchmade 32 Morpho from user TKD9532. When I asked about the condition of the knife, the seller described that the knife was hardly used except opening a package or two. Overall communications has been pretty good.

However when I received the knife today, the quality of the knife, to me, was not as described. The spring latch does not work, there is significant blade play between handle the blade, and though the blade is clean, the blade edge suggest light to moderate use (or benchmade knife has a terrible edge/ edge retention). Overall I was quite disappointed because the item did not match the given description.

I've very recently contacted the seller for a return policy or at least partial refund for non-warranty repairs from benchmade, and I am currently waiting for his/her reply.
<<

Klockwyse

Post Thu May 31, 2012 4:00 pm

Re: User: TKD9532 (Item not as described)

Have you tried tightening the screws to reduce blade play? Also I've never seen one but are you sure the 32 has a spring latch? If so this is news to me.
<<

JJhamilton

Post Thu May 31, 2012 4:42 pm

The 32 doeant exactly have a spring , uses the liners to "spring"open...so it should pop the latch open when you sqeeze the handles together...only from closed position...if knife is in open position and you lock handles it will not pop the latch.
<<

sicheah

Post Thu May 31, 2012 10:42 pm

JJhamilton wrote:The 32 doeant exactly have a spring , uses the liners to "spring"open...so it should pop the latch open when you sqeeze the handles together...only from closed position...if knife is in open position and you lock handles it will not pop the latch.

I see, I guess I misunderstood Benchmade's description of: "Patented spring latch locking mechanism" on their website. In any case the latch did not pop open when I squeeze the handles together. I have to manually open the latch.

Klockwyse wrote:Have you tried tightening the screws to reduce blade play? Also I've never seen one but are you sure the 32 has a spring latch? If so this is news to me.

Unfortunately I currently do not have the proper screws to tighten them. In any case, I am planning to send them to Benchmade to repair the latch... not sure how much it would cost me for repair. Sigh, if I knew them knife is in such condition, I would be better off buying it new.

Edit: The seller has not yet responded to my PM/complaints. Caveat emptor.
<<

JJhamilton

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:58 am

I bet the little pin that is suppose to connect the liners and hit the cup on the latch is missing....send it to benchmade...they will fix it free
<<

Wheelman185

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:24 pm

TKD9532! Scammer! Beware!

This guy also goes by:
TKD2359

Email addresses:
ko2359@gmail.com
jaehunoh@hotmail.com

Kevin Oh

********************************************************************************************************************
Below is an account of the transaction, read if you want. It's long! Just want to let everyone know about this guy! I'm posting similar threads on JD and Knifeforums. Let me know what other major forums there are and I'll do the same there too!!!!
**********************************************************************************************************************

So here I was looking for a BM 42, and this guy posts one for $200. Link to the thread is below.

http://www.brokenbrains.us/arena/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5662

His post count was low so I went to check out his intro. Here's the link.

http://www.brokenbrains.us/arena/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5504

I checked out his old username. Didn't look through his old posts too hard but noticed he's done some transactions, should have looked harder.

I was the first one to PM him so he sold it to me and raised the price in the process.

Here's the string of PMs:

BM 42
Sent: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:43 am
by Wheelman185

I will take you up on that offer if everything is as legit as you say!

Re: BM 42
Sent: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:27 am
by TKD9532

Hey,

I've gotten many offers this morning so unfortunately I wouldn't be able to sell it to you for less than $230. Sorry about the price bump, I had not idea the bm42 was in such high demand! Anyway my paypal is jaehunoh@hotmail.com if we eventually come to terms. Thanks!

Kevin

Sent: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:21 pm
by Wheelman185

That sounds good to me, do you have pictures yet?

Sent: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:47 pm
by TKD9532

Yea hit me back with your regular email address because I'm having a hard time transferring pics with my new android phone. This Balisong is the fucking sick yo.

K

Sent: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:05 pm
by Wheelman185

wheelman185@hotmail.com

Can you throw in a pic with today's date and/or your username/email on a piece of paper?

From here it was just email.

First he emailed me these pics, I later noticed they were the same ones on one of his older topics along time ago that I didn't check out. Here's the link to the post (http://www.brokenbrains.us/arena/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1978&p=25312#p25312), here's the pics he sent me on Jun 18, 2012, at 3:59 PM.

Email Following:

Me--->Black
Scammer----->Red

Do you have the Original Box and Papers by chance?
Sent: Mon 6/18/12 4:02 PM

Nm that last response, you answered that in your post, I'll take it, are you going to provide a tracking number and such?
Sent: Mon 6/18/12 4:32 PM

I apologize but who is this? We agreed upon what price? LOT of people interested lol

K

Sent: Mon 6/18/12 4:40 PM

This is Wheelman185. My bad dude.
Sent: Mon 6/18/12 4:42 PM

Yea man, $240 shipped and we got ourselves a deal! My paypal address is jaehunoh@hotmail.com if I haven't arleady told you. Give me your personal info and I'll ship out the bm42 as soon as the transaction clears. I'll email you back the shipping/tracking info when I take care of it. Cheers!

Kevin

Sent: Mon 6/18/12 4:52 PM

(My Address)

PayPal should be happening within the next hour.
Sent: Mon 6/18/12 4:54 PM

Don't want to be annoying, but just wondering if you've sent it, and/or have a tracking number for me?

Thanks,

Ant
Sent: Tue 6/19/12 9:14 PM

Hey,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Your Paypal payment HAS been received and now I'm just waiting for the funds to transfer into my bank account which should only take about 3-5 days. Once the transaction is completed I will ship the BM42 to you first-class USPS and then get back to you with the tracking # and shipping info. Don't worry bro, this epic butterfly knife has got your name on it!

KO

Sent: Tue 6/19/12 11:21 PM

Hey,

Just following up on the transaction and shipping bro.

Thanks,

Ant
Sent: Mon 6/25/12 2:19 PM

Hey,

Paypal cleared last week so I'll be shipping the BM tomorrow so expect an email with the tracking number. Thanks!

Kevin

Sent: Mon 6/25/12 2:54 PM

You're awesome! Thank you so much!
Sent: Mon 6/25/12 3:24 PM

You honestly didn't think I forgot about you yesterday did you??? I shipped out your benchmade last night and was told your package should arrive either saturday or monday. Happy flipping!

USPS Tracking #: 0310 2640 0000 7595 6837

Kevin

Sent: Wed 6/27/12 9:59 AM

Thanks bud for the smooth transaction! Looking forward to getting it!

Thanks,
Ant
Sent: Wed 6/27/12 1:37 PM

Hey,

I just got your package, and what I got was not a Benchmade 42. Did you send the wrong one or something? I didn't pay for a folder. I'll gladly send this back to you for my money back if you don't have it. I'm not very happy right now.

Ant
Sent: Fri 6/29/12 2:19 PM

Hey,

If you don't respond, or handle this matter appropriately, then I will make it my personal Vendetta to make it known, everywhere, you scammed me! You'll have to find some crap site to go screw other people over! You have until mid day tomorrow.

Ant
Sent: Fri 6/29/12 11:55 PM

Hey,

I actually shipped a couple packages out that day and MAY have sent you the wrong Benchmade. I'll find out what happenned and get back to you ASAP.

K

Sent: Sat 6/30/12 1:30 PM

Yeah you sent me a Benchmade 760SBK
Sent: Sat 6/30/12 1:34 PM

So what's the word man?
Sent: Mon 7/02/12 10:56 AM

He hasn't sent me anything back since. Here's pics of what he sent me. It's a Benchmade 760SBK LFTi. A nice knife if it wasn't beat up and missing the pocket clip. No box or papers either, just shipped in a Pioneer faceplate case.

I think I might barely get half of my money back if I tried to sell it. Let me know if you're interested. I'm probably going to send it to Benchmade and have it restored. I read the CPM-M4 Steel on this knife is a bitch to sharpen unless you're super skilled.

Here's pics:

Thanks for reading my long thread! Hope this guy doesn't get anyone else!!
-Wheel

Just started flipping? Hard to find decent Balis in the $30-$60 range? The Search Ends Here!

Don't hold out for a BM42! Take that $400+ you are planning on spending and go get in line for an Alpha Beast! You won't be disaponted!
<<

Beaver

Post Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:28 pm

Re: TKD9532! Scammer! Beware!

Gee, I hope I don't end up getting this knife ;). Don't get me wrong, it's a nice knife, but I don't want it :).

I feel bad for ya Wheel, you seem like a decent guy. Hope it works out for ya.

Thanks for making all of us aware.
<<

sicheah

Post Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:10 pm

Sorry to hear that man. I bought the BM32 from him about a month ago. Though I did receive the BM32, the quality was far poorer than what he described. Thankfully Benchmade fixed that up but boy was I pissed. If you pay using paypal, you can use the dispute option to get your money back.
<<

Wheelman185

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:33 pm

Yeah I'm going to send this one to Benchmade as well. Hopefully my PayPal dispute will work out!
Last edited by Wheelman185 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Wheel

Just started flipping? Hard to find decent Balis in the $30-$60 range? The Search Ends Here!

Don't hold out for a BM42! Take that $400+ you are planning on spending and go get in line for an Alpha Beast! You won't be disaponted!
<<

balifreak23

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:17 pm

sorry this happened to you bro, hope everything works out well and u get a free knife!
Seriously though if you wanted advice on how to fight.... go with the Bitch Slap as he won't be expecting that and it would be funny as fuck.
A full force slap across the chops then run like the wind.
Bitch Slap my friend.. it never fails. - c.wigum
<<

Piper Maru

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:20 pm

I think this should be said.

This TKD person also, sold me this knife... or well traded me the knife. I still have the emails I think. Also just like you, I did not receive a BM42.

The person seemed on the up and up, but clearly he is playing some people. He sent me the same exact BM42 pictures.

Also I think he traded me the knife around the same time he made the deal with you.
<<

Wheelman185

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:38 pm

Piper Maru wrote:I think this should be said.

This TKD person also, sold me this knife... or well traded me the knife. I still have the emails I think. Also just like you, I did not receive a BM42.

The person seemed on the up and up, but clearly he is playing some people. He sent me the same exact BM42 pictures.

Also I think he traded me the knife around the same time he made the deal with you.

What did he send you?
-Wheel

<<

Piper Maru

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:21 am

Two cold steel triple actions and a CCC balisong, lololollolo.

Also I looked into this matter. Technically neither of us have to send back these items as he sent them purposefully their they are ours. Although if he owns up to it I might send him his knives back. Although if he ever does decide to send out a BM42 (both that or us "bought"), let it be here in writing, you can take it, as you spent money. Mine was a trade.
<<

Wheelman185

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:23 pm

Piper Maru wrote:Two cold steel triple actions and a CCC balisong, lololollolo.

Also I looked into this matter. Technically neither of us have to send back these items as he sent them purposefully their they are ours. Although if he owns up to it I might send him his knives back. Although if he ever does decide to send out a BM42 (both that or us "bought"), let it be here in writing, you can take it, as you spent money. Mine was a trade.

Yeah I'm going to try and get this knife all fixed up by benchmade. Ya think it being a Prototype means it's worth more than average? I doubt he's going to own up, he might be using a parent or family member's paypal since he emailed me from a different address than the paypal.

What did you trade him?
-Wheel

<<

Piper Maru

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:31 pm

Well I was going to give him a PCC68 but ironically what we agreed on, I was going to ship when I received his BM42, but of course the BM42 never showed up, so I have not lost anything, that is why you get the BM42 if he owns up to it.
Next

Return to Trusted or Busted