FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Kimura 5 handles

Moderator: T-man

<<

Parknight

Post Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:11 pm

Re: Kimura 5 handles

G4Torque wrote:Is there a release date?

No, but when that day comes, I shall shit brix.
<<

World Crafter

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:18 pm

nevil wrote:Wish it was titanium

I don't know. Titanium is nice, but it's expensive and Benchmade's been using it for years. I'm sort of tired of titanium everywhere at this point.
Edit: Plus titanium is everywhere on custom balis, too.

By the way, for those of you who still don't frequent Blade Forums, Thomas posted this a few days after that first picture.
The handles don't look so good because the slots aren't countersunk nor polished, but hey.
If that false blade in there is any indication, it looks like they'll be sticking with the same profiles.
<<

DeadPuppy

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:37 pm

I actually really like the looks of that handle. I hope they don't keep the blade profiles though, they're discusting. The Kimuras right now might be great for the price, but they're all butt ugly IMO.

Another thing to think about. I love titanium. On the 42, I think it's weighted and balanced perfectly, but that's with a thin blade profile. Kimuras are already notoriously blade heavy, so if they keep the blade profile but change the handles to Ti, flipping with them could be difficult.

As it looks, I is it possible that they might be turning the Kimura line into a semi-custom line? 3 blades so far, and here's new handles. Mabye there's going to be more handle styles in the future too.
"The best thing about killing a mime..is that they don't make any noise. It's the ultimate silent kill." -Vincent Dark
<<

cavemandan54321

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:30 pm

takeiteazy3 wrote:

Im with you on that one.

I don't. Then it would be too expensive. Looks light enough now, but no one will know for sure until its out.
<<

nevil

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:44 am

World Crafter wrote:

I don't know. Titanium is nice, but it's expensive and Benchmade's been using it for years. I'm sort of tired of titanium everywhere at this point.
Edit: Plus titanium is everywhere on custom balis, too.

By the way, for those of you who still don't frequent Blade Forums, Thomas posted this a few days after that first picture.
The handles don't look so good because the slots aren't countersunk nor polished, but hey.

If that false blade in there is any indication, it looks like they'll be sticking with the same profiles.

Titanium customs and out of production knives aren't a good justification for not making them since the price and waiting lists for both are getting worse at a steady rate. If they made one out of titanium it would be the only titanium production "flipper's" knife, kind of a nice position to be in with the current demand.

I guess I can see where they come from for price, but I'd pay the extra $100 for titanium handles. (I'd get 4 of them) (Have 1 of every kimura release already.)
Image Image
<<

MadnessLover

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:46 am

They're coming out with the Kimura V, VI, and VII all around the same time (so I suppose it's going to be like the II, II, and IV). There will be some short runs in black and polished, and they will all come out within about a month of each other. All variations will be out prior to the end of the year.

In other words, they'll be available soon.
<<

DeadPuppy

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:52 am

MadnessLover wrote:They're coming out with the Kimura V, VI, and VII all around the same time (so I suppose it's going to be like the II, II, and IV). There will be some short runs in black and polished, and they will all come out within about a month of each other. All variations will be out prior to the end of the year.

In other words, they'll be available soon.

Where did you get this info? Regardless, it looks like I know what I'm asking for for Christmas!
"The best thing about killing a mime..is that they don't make any noise. It's the ultimate silent kill." -Vincent Dark
<<

MadnessLover

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:10 am

Thomas posted it over on bladeforums.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... p?t=785020
<<

joshuawy

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:31 am

i really can't wait to see what the new ones look like,
imma holding off on buying one till i see what the new ones are

*on a side note: 200 posts!!!! Woo!*
You can't stop the signal...
<<

lemonslush

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:24 am

Any idea of the materials they will make it from? maybe Ti? :!:
<<

exile82187

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:42 pm

lemonslush wrote:Any idea of the materials they will make it from? maybe Ti? :!:

These are out already my friend they are steel like all their other balis and around the same weight check bladeplay.com out they are the same price and weight as their predecessors.
<<

The Jack of Clubs

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:27 pm

:oops: :welcome2:
"More than anything else the sensation is one of perfect peace mingled with an excitement that strains every nerve to the utmost, if you can conceive of such a combination."— Wilbur Wright

Previous

Return to The Knives We Flip