FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Official Counterfeit Knife Thread

Moderator: T-man

<<

c.wigum

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:04 am

Re: F U 42

or..

10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

linos

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:45 am

It'd be like calling a car manufactured by Ford utter shit, and then saying that it was shit because Henry Ford hated Jewish people. Or saying that every medical or scientific innovation stemming from Nazi Germany is worthless because it came from asshole Nazis.

Ford never made a car using counterfeit parts made in China claiming they were made in USA and name it FUDODGE.....
and sold it 3 times the price you could get it from the counterfeiters.......
<<

Silent Jay

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:42 am

Re: My (hopefully unbiased) review of the FU42

Switchfeathers wrote:
c.wigum wrote:So much wrong with that I don't even know where to start... :lol:

Why didn't you just read some of the previous reviews fella? :facepalm:

I did, I actually sort of mention that at the start of the first video. Was annoyed by how every review out there on this knife is really just a review of the drama surrounding it, not the knife itself.

But feel free to critique. Although if you could refrain from insults and the like, that'd be nice. I've seen the sort of backlash this community is capable of.

I like how you say how there's no way it's a CCC, then to go on to explain how it wasn't even a functional knife when you bought it. YOU HAD TO GRIND THE HANDLES FOR THEM TO OPEN.....

That doesn't sound like a piece of shit to you?

I will just never understand some people...

:facepalm:
Image jay
Looseyfur wrote:...spouting his wacky charlie sheen warlocks speech

15 of ?
It's just how we /roll

<<

Switchfeathers

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:58 am

Silent Jay wrote:I like how you say how there's no way it's a CCC, then to go on to explain how it wasn't even a functional knife when you bought it. YOU HAD TO GRIND THE HANDLES FOR THEM TO OPEN.....

So every trainer knife is a CCC now?

Every occasional model with a minor problem, like a faulty screw or a mishapen handle, is a CCC now?

By this logic, if were to buy an Alpha Beast, then found out the latch needed a new screw in it, it would be classed as a CCC. Sound reasonable to you?

Neeeding to grind the handles back was an issue exclusive to the one knife I got, never heard of it with any other knife, not an FU42, not a CCC, none. It was a minor anomaly that was easy to fix. I only mentioned it to explain the scratching on the blade.

See, this is why I was hesitant to make a review. Now I'm hesitent to even come to this forum.
<<

T-man

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:15 am

A CCC, is a CCC, is a CCC, is a CCC, is a CCC..... you can name it what the hell ever you want to name it. It's still a fuckin CCC. You wasted your money now get over it. :nutkick: Oh you'll be back, I'm sure... :roll:
:mrt:
" It comes with the territory." - Jessica
" :vid: <--- Cause that's how shit works here for everyone :stickwhack: " - Silent Jay
<<

Silent Jay

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:35 am

Switchfeathers wrote:
Silent Jay wrote:I like how you say how there's no way it's a CCC, then to go on to explain how it wasn't even a functional knife when you bought it. YOU HAD TO GRIND THE HANDLES FOR THEM TO OPEN.....

Every occasional model with a minor problem, like a faulty screw or a mishapen handle, is a CCC now?

By this logic, if were to buy an Alpha Beast, then found out the latch needed a new screw in it, it would be classed as a CCC. Sound reasonable to you?

Neeeding to grind the handles back was an issue exclusive to the one knife I got, never heard of it with any other knife, not an FU42, not a CCC, none. It was a minor anomaly that was easy to fix. I only mentioned it to explain the scratching on the blade.

See, this is why I was hesitant to make a review. Now I'm hesitent to even come to this forum.

Honestly, if you are really as unintelligent and ignorant as you're coming off with this issue, then honestly, I do hope you don't return.

A faulty screw is one issue. In fact, a very minor issue. One that any decent company would fix without any issue. Oddly enough something ECC/RSI tells people to basically go fuck themselves over... Hmmm...

A handle that you had to file down just to make it possible to open? That is a major issue as part of a knife that SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN SOLD.

No, shit like that is NOT a minor issue, but the fact that you honestly think it is explains why you also seem to think that the FU42 has any sort of quality to it. You would have been better off spending only 20-40 on the clones from china. It's the same shit.

Well, ignorance is bliss I suppose...
Image jay

15 of ?
It's just how we /roll

<<

c.wigum

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:53 pm

Switchfeathers wrote:

What exactly did you expect genius?

You have pretty much no personally reference on any Balisong other than the other POS you own.

You tell us it's not a CCC because it's not as shitty as the REALLY shitty CCC you own.... then describe how you had to grind the handles to get the thing to open and scratched up the blade. Then what about all the handle play? that's O.K is it because it's not as bad as the ridiculous amount of handle play on the other monstrosity?

If you ever buy yourself a Kimura you'll realise that your FU42 has a ridiculous amount of handle play.

Did you actually read any of the other reviews..... I'm picking no.
<<

Switchfeathers

Post Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:48 am

Somehow I knew this would happen. You two seem to be the forerunners in the "Fuck JB and everybody who buys from him!" campaign.

Sorry for making a review, I guess. I should have just lied and sworn at JB instead of making one, I bet that would have made you happy.

But whatever, there's just no talking to some people.
<<

Switchfeathers

Post Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:40 am

Re: Official Counterfeit Knife Thread

Official counterfeit knife thread..?

FU42s are counterfeits now!?
<<

Silent Jay

Post Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:05 am

Switchfeathers wrote:Official counterfeit knife thread..?

Pretty much....

They're the 42 counterfeits that are just prettied up a bit and sold at asinine prices.
Image jay

15 of ?
It's just how we /roll

<<

Silent Jay

Post Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:54 pm

Switchfeathers wrote:Somehow I knew this would happen. You two seem to be the forerunners in the "Fuck JB and everybody who buys from him!" campaign.

Sorry for making a review, I guess. I should have just lied and sworn at JB instead of making one, I bet that would have made you happy.

But whatever, there's just no talking to some people.

Image jay

15 of ?
It's just how we /roll

<<

Switchfeathers

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:38 am

Silent Jay wrote:

Pretty much....

They're the 42 counterfeits that are just prettied up a bit and sold at asinine prices.

Got proof of that claim?

Otherwise, you're just saying that the Jaguar knives are counterfiets, too. In fact every knife with a similar design to another is effectively a "counterfeit" by this logic.
<<

c.wigum

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:57 am

Switchfeathers wrote:
Silent Jay wrote:

Pretty much....

Got proof of that claim?

Otherwise, you're just saying that the Jaguar knives are counterfiets, too. In fact every knife with a similar design to another is effectively a "counterfeit" by this logic.

Well, no.... what he's saying is that originally the FU42 was a counterfeit. It was made in China to replicate the BM42 in every way shape and form except for materials and quality. It was made to be a BM42 and marketed as a BM42.....do you comprehend?
<<

Silent Jay

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:36 am

c.wigum wrote:
Well, no.... what he's saying is that originally the FU42 was a counterfeit. It was made in China to replicate the BM42 in every way shape and form except for materials and quality. It was made to be a BM42 and marketed as a BM42.....do you comprehend?

I think that might be a little too much for him to mentally handle :roll:
Image jay

15 of ?
It's just how we /roll

<<

Rothman

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:11 am

Damn, it's been a while since I posted.... I finally got around to modding up one of the Mtech twist clones completely. It was a pain and more maching was required than I originally had hoped for (luckily, I'm a machinist). It has new hardened 3/16" pivots and Triple stacked .005" PB washers now. The lock up is nice and tight open/closed and there is virtually no play. I would have to say that the clone now flips quite a bit better than the original.

As for the reason why I'm modding twist clones... I know there are mixed feelings on the twist but, I love the feel of the knife personally. It's well balanced and the perfect weight for me. The filework on the inside of the scales gives it just a little more "purchase" on the fingers.

As a note of warning; If you do not mod the twist clones, they WILL wear out at an extraordinary rate just like all of the other CCC's out there.
PreviousNext

Return to The Knives We Flip