FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Official Counterfeit Knife Thread

Moderator: T-man

<<

Switchfeathers

Post Thu May 24, 2012 8:43 am

Re: F U 42

Quintocer0s wrote:
Switchfeathers wrote:Jesus... So much drama ove a knife.

To be honest, I've been flipping mine for about a week now, it's pretty decent bar a couple of issues that I needed to fix when I got it first time. I don't understand all the hatred, really.

I was planning to do a review, but I'm wondering if there's any point, now that I found this thread...

I thought this thread was closed.

Apparently not...? I'm pretty new here, I saw this thread on the front page and had a look seeing as the FU42 is my main flipper.

To be quite frank, I'm a little shocked. I've never seen so much hatred and bile and horrible words thrown around at something that, to my mind, is quite trivial in the grand scheme of things. A lot of people seem to want to rip into this knife, and into the guy who made it.

I spoke with JB myself regarding shipping to this country, he didn't say a whole lot but he was polite enough to me and seemed eager to help out with the whole getting parts past my brain-dead customs here. A tad unprofessional in his writing, maybe, but not the rude, biting asshole he has apparently been to all of you.

I was expecting this community to be free of such drama, and I'm a little saddened that it isn't. But I suppose it comes with being on the net in general.

I'll do a review on the knife, and I'm going to make a point of avoiding this ugly drama as best I can. But I suspect simply owning the knife will be enough to enrage some people.
<<

linos

Post Sat May 26, 2012 11:03 pm

Switchfeathers wrote:
Quintocer0s wrote:
Switchfeathers wrote:Jesus... So much drama ove a knife.

To be honest, I've been flipping mine for about a week now, it's pretty decent bar a couple of issues that I needed to fix when I got it first time. I don't understand all the hatred, really.

I was planning to do a review, but I'm wondering if there's any point, now that I found this thread...

I thought this thread was closed.

Apparently not...? I'm pretty new here, I saw this thread on the front page and had a look seeing as the FU42 is my main flipper.

To be quite frank, I'm a little shocked. I've never seen so much hatred and bile and horrible words thrown around at something that, to my mind, is quite trivial in the grand scheme of things. A lot of people seem to want to rip into this knife, and into the guy who made it.

I spoke with JB myself regarding shipping to this country, he didn't say a whole lot but he was polite enough to me and seemed eager to help out with the whole getting parts past my brain-dead customs here. A tad unprofessional in his writing, maybe, but not the rude, biting asshole he has apparently been to all of you.

I was expecting this community to be free of such drama, and I'm a little saddened that it isn't. But I suppose it comes with being on the net in general.

I'll do a review on the knife, and I'm going to make a point of avoiding this ugly drama as best I can. But I suspect simply owning the knife will be enough to enrage some people.

...well just do this, email him and tell him you got a problem with the knife....lets say you need new pivots because the ones it came with were defective,and then come and tell us what he told you...also don`t know how to break the news to you but for the money you could had bought 3 of these same exact knives from the people who really made it...
<<

Silent Jay

Post Sun May 27, 2012 10:56 pm

Switchfeathers wrote:

Well, a few things to take into consideration, is at that point, he was trying to secure your money.
The guy you bought from thinks of you as bottom of the barrel scum just of buying a balisong at all (here's a quote from one of CL's videos before he took it down):

If you do a review on it, it's almost impossible to avoid the "drama". Go ahead, ask CutleryLover how it turned out for him...
Image jay
Looseyfur wrote:...spouting his wacky charlie sheen warlocks speech

15 of ?
It's just how we /roll

<<

Switchfeathers

Post Mon May 28, 2012 6:56 am

Silent Jay wrote:
Switchfeathers wrote:Well, a few things to take into consideration, is at that point, he was trying to secure your money.
The guy you bought from thinks of you as bottom of the barrel scum just of buying a balisong at all (here's a quote from one of CL's videos before he took it down):

-image-

If you do a review on it, it's almost impossible to avoid the "drama". Go ahead, ask CutleryLover how it turned out for him...

I didn't see the video CL did, but I saw the backlash. Which was quite frankly saddening.

And to be honest, I don't care anything about this drama. In my mind, it's the knife that matters, not the people behind it.

I will, however, be locking the comments to approval only. Anybody discussing the drama won't get through, but anything about the knife itself will be fine. I want avoid another unnecessary shitstorm.

I don't care what some guy in the US thinks of me, he sold me a knife, and he's sold others the same knife. So far no review has been "unbiased" in that they've all touched on the drama and used that to influence what they say, for better or worse.

I'm aiming to change that. Did a bit of recording today, as it happens, not happy with it though because it was on an iphone and therefore crap. So I'll see if I can dredge up a better camera tonight and get some higher-quality video done.
<<

Silent Jay

Post Wed May 30, 2012 6:33 am

Switchfeathers wrote:
Silent Jay wrote:
Switchfeathers wrote:Well, a few things to take into consideration, is at that point, he was trying to secure your money.

-image-

I didn't see the video CL did, but I saw the backlash. Which was quite frankly saddening.

And to be honest, I don't care anything about this drama. In my mind, it's the knife that matters, not the people behind it.

I will, however, be locking the comments to approval only. Anybody discussing the drama won't get through, but anything about the knife itself will be fine. I want avoid another unnecessary shitstorm.

I don't care what some guy in the US thinks of me, he sold me a knife, and he's sold others the same knife. So far no review has been "unbiased" in that they've all touched on the drama and used that to influence what they say, for better or worse.

I'm aiming to change that. Did a bit of recording today, as it happens, not happy with it though because it was on an iphone and therefore crap. So I'll see if I can dredge up a better camera tonight and get some higher-quality video done.

Actually, the only reviews from people who have any real knowledge of balisongs were both unbiased and both negative and both about it on it's own merits (or lack there of) as a balisong (in fact, the one guy had gotten one to try to defend it).

It's an overpriced piece of shit, but if you're happy with it, ignorance is bliss.
Image jay
Looseyfur wrote:...spouting his wacky charlie sheen warlocks speech

15 of ?
It's just how we /roll

<<

c.wigum

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:43 am

Switchfeathers wrote:
Silent Jay wrote:

-image-

You're Australian aren't you. :roll:
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

Klockwyse

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:26 pm

Silent Jay wrote:It's an overpriced piece of shit, but if you're happy with it, ignorance is bliss.

If he's happy with it then that's all that fucking matters. Why do we collect/flip balisongs? Because we enjoy doing so. It makes us happy.
<<

Switchfeathers

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:58 pm

Silent Jay wrote:Actually, the only reviews from people who have any real knowledge of balisongs were both unbiased and both negative and both about it on it's own merits (or lack there of) as a balisong (in fact, the one guy had gotten one to try to defend it).

It's an overpriced piece of shit, but if you're happy with it, ignorance is bliss.

Care to link me to these reviews? I'm eager to see one that doesn't punctuate every second sentence with either "JB is an asshole!" or "JB is the greatest guy ever!"

So far, mine is holding up damn well for an "overpriced piece of shit". Two weeks of me dropping it on hard wood floors, no loctite, no oil, still flips well and the screws are strong as ever. So if that qualifies as "piece of shit", then I'm not entirely sure what a knife needs to be in order to be classed as "good".

I did my review anyway, and it's uploading as we speak... Very slowly. And in 3 parts, because YouTube is an ass.

I suspect I'll cop a lot of flak from it. I seem to be copping flak already just from mentioning I own the damn thing, which brings me back to my original point:

The drama circulating around this knife is giving the whole thing a bad air that nobody needs to deal with. It's painting a horrible picture of this community in general that people are acting so condescending and dickish, all while calling out somebody else for apparently being an asshole and pointing at him when reviewing a product. It seems every negative review I see of the knife equates to "JB is an asshole, therefore this knife is shit, I shall now list every single flaw it has and none of its redeeming features!"

Alternatively, there seem to be a batch of reviews saying "JB is a super swell guy, therefore this knife is awesome, I shall now list every single good thing about it and none of its flaws!" which is, really, just as bad.

They both suck because neither is actually helpful in the slightest. A review is there in inform a prospective buyer about a product. And if that review can't review the product in question without letting it's creator's personal behaviours influence that review, then it's not an unbiased or helpful review.

It'd be like calling a car manufactured by Ford utter shit, and then saying that it was shit because Henry Ford hated Jewish people. Or saying that every medical or scientific innovation stemming from Nazi Germany is worthless because it came from asshole Nazis.

You may not even intend to be insulting, but all I'm hearing is stuff like "hope you're happy with your ripoff!" or "ignorance is bliss!" or "great job supporting an asshole!". And it's really putting me off even coming here. I only signed up a few weeks ago, to boot. JD is the same deal, I saw the drama thread on the FU42 there, too. It's even worse than the one here...

I just wish people would drop this worthless drama into the bin, where it belongs, and start looking at the products in question rather than the parties and personal agendas of the people behind them. So far nobody I've seen has done that.
<<

c.wigum

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:50 pm

Switchfeathers wrote:
Silent Jay wrote:Actually, the only reviews from people who have any real knowledge of balisongs were both unbiased and both negative and both about it on it's own merits (or lack there of) as a balisong (in fact, the one guy had gotten one to try to defend it).

Care to link me to these reviews? I'm eager to see one that doesn't punctuate every second sentence with either "JB is an asshole!" or "JB is the greatest guy ever!"

So far, mine is holding up damn well for an "overpriced piece of shit". Two weeks of me dropping it on hard wood floors, no loctite, no oil, still flips well and the screws are strong as ever. So if that qualifies as "piece of shit", then I'm not entirely sure what a knife needs to be in order to be classed as "good".

I did my review anyway, and it's uploading as we speak... Very slowly. And in 3 parts, because YouTube is an ass.

I suspect I'll cop a lot of flak from it. I seem to be copping flak already just from mentioning I own the damn thing, which brings me back to my original point:

The drama circulating around this knife is giving the whole thing a bad air that nobody needs to deal with. It's painting a horrible picture of this community in general that people are acting so condescending and dickish, all while calling out somebody else for apparently being an asshole and pointing at him when reviewing a product. It seems every negative review I see of the knife equates to "JB is an asshole, therefore this knife is shit, I shall now list every single flaw it has and none of its redeeming features!"

Alternatively, there seem to be a batch of reviews saying "JB is a super swell guy, therefore this knife is awesome, I shall now list every single good thing about it and none of its flaws!" which is, really, just as bad.

They both suck because neither is actually helpful in the slightest. A review is there in inform a prospective buyer about a product. And if that review can't review the product in question without letting it's creator's personal behaviours influence that review, then it's not an unbiased or helpful review.

It'd be like calling a car manufactured by Ford utter shit, and then saying that it was shit because Henry Ford hated Jewish people. Or saying that every medical or scientific innovation stemming from Nazi Germany is worthless because it came from asshole Nazis.

You may not even intend to be insulting, but all I'm hearing is stuff like "hope you're happy with your ripoff!" or "ignorance is bliss!" or "great job supporting an asshole!". And it's really putting me off even coming here. I only signed up a few weeks ago, to boot. JD is the same deal, I saw the drama thread on the FU42 there, too. It's even worse than the one here...

I just wish people would drop this worthless drama into the bin, where it belongs, and start looking at the products in question rather than the parties and personal agendas of the people behind them. So far nobody I've seen has done that.

Blah blah blah.... good luck in your quest.
<<

Quintocer0s

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:37 pm

Didn't someone already bring up ford Jews and nazis talking about the fu42?
<<

Switchfeathers

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:30 am

Quintocer0s wrote:Didn't someone already bring up ford Jews and nazis talking about the fu42?

Did they? You tell me, man. Anyway, review is done. Just re-checking it before it uploads.
<<

Switchfeathers

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:37 am

My (hopefully unbiased) review of the FU42

Like it says on the tin.

<<

c.wigum

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:34 am

Re: My (hopefully unbiased) review of the FU42

So much wrong with that I don't even know where to start... :lol:

Why didn't you just read some of the previous reviews fella? :facepalm:
<<

Switchfeathers

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:15 am

c.wigum wrote:So much wrong with that I don't even know where to start... :lol:

Why didn't you just read some of the previous reviews fella? :facepalm:

I did, I actually sort of mention that at the start of the first video. Was annoyed by how every review out there on this knife is really just a review of the drama surrounding it, not the knife itself.

But feel free to critique. Although if you could refrain from insults and the like, that'd be nice. I've seen the sort of backlash this community is capable of.
<<

c.wigum

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:44 am

Switchfeathers wrote:I did, I actually sort of mention that at the start of the first video. Was annoyed by how every review out there on this knife is really just a review of the drama surrounding it, not the knife itself.

But feel free to critique. Although if you could refrain from insults and the like, that'd be nice. I've seen the sort of backlash this community is capable of.

What insults? ... hang on, I'll just quote myself "So much wrong with that I don't even know where to start...

Why didn't you just read some of the previous reviews fella? " which specific insult in that sentence were you referring too? :roll:

Read that mother fucker http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... isong-room. Theirs a few people on their who know a thing or two... AND they actually own more than two CCC's. PurpleDC has done a review on it as has Cardoso who is a knife maker. They both have a tad more experience and knowledge than yourself.

btw...I found this post quite amusing

"i actually own a fu42 he said i could save money on it buy getting it in pieces and putting it together myself. first off the allen head screws which i was later told did not fit standard metric measurements striped immediately, then the washers he sent ( 4 of them ) didnt all fit in the knife handles. i emailed him and his response was that i should have told him i have no idea what i was doing and that this is not rocket science ( when in reality ive disassembled balis plenty of times and it was his low quality parts ) telling me that it was obvious i should only use 2 of the washers and not the other 2 and that i must have screwed the screws in wrong for them to strip. beside that the stop pin squished literally within 5 minutes of flipping to the point where it would just smash the handles together. not to mention the knife was incredibly rough to flip because it used 2 instead of 4 washers. and the fact that he has lied about the country of origin and this is an obvious copy should also be noted and his various law suits with benchmade which is the reason for this knife. so far ive replaced both of the pivot screws, put in 4 telfon washers, removed remade heatreated and replaced the stop pin, and total probably of 10 hours into just to get it in working order. for 125$ you should just save up for a morpho or go with a kimura this is an absolute scam and im surprised cutlerylover gave it such a good first impressions vid but i think jb may have personally made sure his was perfect but it dont know."
PreviousNext

Return to The Knives We Flip