FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

What Kimura should I get?

Moderator: T-man

<<

JohnnyBmore

Post Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:53 pm

Re: Bradley Kimura VIII

Grenadorade wrote:all the kimuras after the K1 flip exactly the same, or so I've heard.

So you have herd hmmm???

I find a lot of difrence between them all .. But hey I guess I can feel the subtle differences . .

I Kimuras are very fun knives for the price , YOU get a lot for what you are paying ..

They are Heavy and Short!!! but still flip nice .... They Kimura 8s are not yet out , well at least the production model .
" Emergencies seldom favor the unprepared "
<<

c.wigum

Post Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:20 pm

Only ever tried the K3 and K2 which were pretty much the same.

Not sure what the K7's are like... probably just the same but heavier with fatter handles.
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

Stickell

Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:25 am

Re: Advice on Balisong

c.wigum wrote:Save up more and get a Kimura or Bear and Son B200. Anything below that will break and you will loose your money.

Btw... If you get a Kimura DON'T loc-tite the pivots, leave them alone. They come with loc-tite from factory.

Mine didnt't :/
<<

DumbNinjaDude

Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Advice on Balisong

I would say that if you absolutely can not save up anymore money to get any of the kimuras then get a jaguar. That was what I started out with and it did me pretty damn good for a CCC. Mine was about $25 online. They're really heavy (around 6 oz.) and they move fairly slow so it's easier to learn and practice with. The blade on mine was a surgial steel and couldn't hold an edge very well but that's ok if you're just into flipping. My jaguar lasted me since February and it just broke a couple weeks ago. My one big beef with the knife is that the pivots are just a solid pin mushroomed on either side and they loosen really fast but won't come out. The only way to adjust them is to squash them with a vice but that's risky. Whatever you pick; have fun, be safe, and remember you will get cut eventually.
<<

DumbNinjaDude

Post Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:54 pm

Well I saw they were for sell on several sites and I couldn't tell if they were the production model or not because they didn't specify. It just said "Bradley Kimura VIII" so really had no idea. If you find any kind of review let me know because I would absolutely love to get one but not before I know what they're like.
<<

c.wigum

Post Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:40 pm

Its going to flip more or less like a K2-6 just weigh a touch more and have better grip.

CDR rates them above the K2- 6
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

DumbNinjaDude

Post Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:09 pm

Thanks! I'll have to build up my funds again for the k8. I have a k6 coming to me from my girlfriend for Christmas. I'm still fairly knew to balisongs though. Only been flipping since February and I stopped for a while for a martial arts competition, so I really only have a few months of practice under my belt. This will be my first kimmy and the only good quality bali I will have ever had. Thanks for helping me out guys :)
<<

Logo3801

Post Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:59 am

DumbNinjaDude wrote:Thanks! I'll have to build up my funds again for the k8. I have a k6 coming to me from my girlfriend for Christmas. I'm still fairly knew to balisongs though. Only been flipping since February and I stopped for a while for a martial arts competition, so I really only have a few months of practice under my belt. This will be my first kimmy and the only good quality bali I will have ever had. Thanks for helping me out guys :)

Good luck with your k6, and merry christmas!
<<

Logo3801

Post Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:04 am

Re: Bradley Kimura VI review?

DumbNinjaDude wrote:Hey guys, I've been considering purchasing a Bradley Kimura VI but I'm still not sure. What are some of the up-sides and downfalls of it? What all can you tell me about this knife? How would you rate it? Is it worth the $80 price? How long do they last? Should I loctite it or just flip it as-is? And any other details you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Heres a vid on the K6. (But beware the intro is LOUD :blush: )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgpzLTPt5pc
<<

DumbNinjaDude

Post Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:37 am

Need advice on the K6

I recently got a K6 from my girl friend fro christmas (I love her so much) but I keep cutting myself flipping and half the time I don't feel it. I guess I didn't learn the proper technique with my old Jaguar. Any advice or tips on how to safely switch to a Kimmy without slicing digits off?
<<

T-man

Post Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:46 am

Re: Need advice on the K6

Just be careful about it till you get used to it. It takes some time to get used to how certain bali's flip. You're gonna cut yourself no matter what.
:mrt:
" It comes with the territory." - Jessica
" :vid: <--- Cause that's how shit works here for everyone :stickwhack: " - Silent Jay
<<

zeekster

Post Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:24 pm

Just tape up the blade. But don't get to used too it or you won't be able to flip without the tape very well.
<<

zeekster

Post Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:32 pm

Sorry I meant don't get too used to it
<<

zeekster

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:36 pm

Re: What Kimura should I get?

Where can I buy the cheapest kimura 3 :?: or any of them if it is cheaper, that is just the one I like the most.
<<

savage12k

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:48 pm

Re: What Kimura should I get?

zeekster wrote:Where can I buy the cheapest kimura 3 :?: or any of them if it is cheaper, that is just the one I like the most.

JohnnyBmore has the lowest prices I have been able to find online.
Angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night... Ginsberg.

Ut in acuta!!!

"Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Steady, Steady is Fast, and Fast is Deadly." 1Lt Chong, 4/6 Air Cav
PreviousNext

Return to The Knives We Flip