FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

NEW BENCHMADE MODEL 62!!!

Moderator: T-man

<<

AnthonyTheAbyss

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:12 pm

Re: BM 62 First Impressions

JJhamilton wrote:Which you seem to like best the kimura or the b62???? Which seems to have best fit and finish??

Apples and oranges...but I'll take my BM62 over my Kimura II. Besides some slight adjustments to the handle play, I had no issues with fit and finish on the BM62 (maybe I got lucky).
"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." - Stephen King
<<

c.wigum

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:16 pm

JJhamilton wrote:you guys are making me nervous....i mean lossey said it sucks to flip, i can accept that maybe his taste in knives migbt not be like mine or i it may suck to flip for me too.....but the fit and finish have to be on par for benchmade and the price tag or mine will go back too..i wont keep it for the collection if its go...thats a double failing to look like a sack of crap too

Bere in mind that L is probably in a completely different universe than you when it comes to flipping. His need's in a flipper are probably going to differ from yours.

Just like the Kimura and BM51 people get by just fine learning on them. I suspect that the 62 will be in the same category. They are all O.K/average flippers but not great by any stretch of the imagination. If you are expecting it to be as good or better than the 42 or other rated Bali then you'll probably be disappointed.
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

JJhamilton

Post Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:04 am

I can see it not being as quite as good of a flipper as the 42 according to specs...but i would expect it to be a little better than the kimuras...and of course you right about Loosey and some others ive seen here are in a totally dif realm of flipping and i could see them needing something dif than the average....makes scense but really didnt think of it like that....most of the top flippers seem to gravitate to the 42 or customs, which from what ive seen is a risk....some customs just look good and flip like crap.....question when it comes to customs who are the names to look for in customs when flipping is concerned????
<<

c.wigum

Post Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:10 pm

JJhamilton wrote:I can see it not being as quite as good of a flipper as the 42 according to specs...but i would expect it to be a little better than the kimuras...and of course you right about Loosey and some others ive seen here are in a totally dif realm of flipping and i could see them needing something dif than the average....makes scense but really didnt think of it like that....most of the top flippers seem to gravitate to the 42 or customs, which from what ive seen is a risk....some customs just look good and flip like crap.....question when it comes to customs who are the names to look for in customs when flipping is concerned????

Matt Cooks FHM's are supposed to be really good flippers. ($600+)

Chuck Gedraitis is another name to look out for. ($600+)

BRS - Alpha Beast ($400)

DDR Twist or Holey Moley (I'd advise doing some research first before committing to these) ($600+)

Balibalistic - ($700+ new, $1000+ on secondary market)

those are some options.
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

JJhamilton

Post Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:15 pm

Thats really not bad considering most of us have been flipping for years starting out with hundreds invested in cccs we broke over and over then the mistakes of thinking $60 balis should last rhen finding out they are just as bad.....to now having hundreds invested in varid kimuras, b4xs, bear ops, newr benches51,62 and whatevwr will follow just trying to find that one that feels right...problem is until i found this site and asked that question ive handled customs at knife shows and they were pretty and made well but who new how they flip....and how many people that are in the know own one have flipped one and have reviews...i know i liked what i saw in natha deweys update....
<<

Eternal

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:34 am

JJhamilton wrote:
Eternal wrote:Now I don't feel so bad about sending mine back. However I still might get one on the secondary market when prices fall a bit.

You sent yours back?...what was the deal, it came and had the same quality issues so you sent it back??? Whats the details of the situation, if you dont mind filling me in.....you guys are making me nervous....i mean lossey said it sucks to flip, i can accept that maybe his taste in knives migbt not be like mine or i it may suck to flip for me too.....but the fit and finish have to be on par for benchmade and the price tag or mine will go back too..i wont keep it for the collection if its go...thats a double failing to look like a sack of crap too

I sent it back mainly due to financial situation the week I received it. I totally forgot I preordered it and it came right after paying rent and bills, bad timing. I could have kept it but after looking at it and not falling head over heels in love with it I felt I could just wait for a used one to come up.
<<

JJhamilton

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:25 pm

Eternal wrote:
JJhamilton wrote:
Eternal wrote:Now I don't feel so bad about sending mine back. However I still might get one on the secondary market when prices fall a bit.

You sent yours back?...what was the deal, it came and had the same quality issues so you sent it back??? Whats the details of the situation, if you dont mind filling me in.....you guys are making me nervous....i mean lossey said it sucks to flip, i can accept that maybe his taste in knives migbt not be like mine or i it may suck to flip for me too.....but the fit and finish have to be on par for benchmade and the price tag or mine will go back too..i wont keep it for the collection if its go...thats a double failing to look like a sack of crap too

I sent it back mainly due to financial situation the week I received it. I totally forgot I preordered it and it came right after paying rent and bills, bad timing. I could have kept it but after looking at it and not falling head over heels in love with it I felt I could just wait for a used one to come up.

Understandable...i started to wait until they hit the secondary market, but i really wanted something better than a kimura to flip....still kinda doubtful of my decision, but its done so i bear the blunt of the cost...
<<

RapterF2

Post Sat May 05, 2012 1:48 pm

JJhamilton wrote:

I wouldn't feel nervous. I've adapted and the 62 is now my main flipper. I'm sure it might be to heavy for some people used to the 42 but i have found it to be a pretty good flipper. The fit and finish did somewhat dissapoint me but there weren't any major problems. I think its an awesome looking knife and I am never selling mine.
<<

JJhamilton

Post Sat May 05, 2012 3:44 pm

Thanks, ive decided to just accept it however it comes! Hope its better than the ks......sure is taking awhile to get it!
<<

Feltorn

Post Sat May 05, 2012 7:56 pm

Interested in seeing a full review on one. Seems to be a very on and off subject, the 62.
<<

Zebra

Post Tue May 08, 2012 7:45 pm

Re: NEW BENCHMADE MODEL 62!!!

I'm lookin forward to getting mine. Ordered it from a user on the JerzeeDevil Forums for 300.

I've never flipped a 42, so supposedly I'll love it.
<<

Piper Maru

Post Tue May 08, 2012 11:21 pm

I find it to be quite awesome, it is more a nice addition in relation to the BM51 because it is in know way replacing the BM42.
<<

RapterF2

Post Thu May 10, 2012 5:28 pm

I might post a review if I get a camera.
<<

Zebra

Post Sat May 12, 2012 8:02 pm

Just got mine - and I love it! Sharp, though!

<<

redsnake93

Post Sun May 13, 2012 8:04 am

Beautiful Zebra, you should post a review if you get the chance
Looking to buy a Jerry Hom Basilisk. PM ME!
PreviousNext

Return to The Knives We Flip