FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

NEW BENCHMADE MODEL 62!!!

Moderator: T-man

<<

c.wigum

Post Mon May 14, 2012 1:04 am

Re: NEW BENCHMADE MODEL 62!!!

tomc wrote:The thing I don't like so much about sandwich balis is that I'm always afraid that I'll have it in my pocket and a penny will slip in there and ding the blade.. Not so much with the 32 because I usually clip it. Anyone else have this "problem"? That said, I will buy the 62. I really like the improved blade length:handle ratio.

WTF!?! :facepalm:
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

Feltorn

Post Wed May 16, 2012 12:00 am

c.wigum wrote:
tomc wrote:The thing I don't like so much about sandwich balis is that I'm always afraid that I'll have it in my pocket and a penny will slip in there and ding the blade.. Not so much with the 32 because I usually clip it. Anyone else have this "problem"? That said, I will buy the 62. I really like the improved blade length:handle ratio.

He's afraid stuff will slip between his handles and damage the knife, is that difficult to understand, or something? Sounds like a valid concern to me, I've seen it happen on sandwich balis.
<<

c.wigum

Post Wed May 16, 2012 1:28 am

Feltorn wrote:
c.wigum wrote:

He's afraid stuff will slip between his handles and damage the knife, is that difficult to understand, or something? Sounds like a valid concern to me, I've seen it happen on sandwich balis.

Sure....... :facepalm: :facepalm:
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

JJhamilton

Post Wed May 16, 2012 2:57 am

Remove change from pocket chosen for bali carry and dont put it back in......self explanatory really.
<<

Switchfeathers

Post Thu May 17, 2012 11:58 am

You know... I understand why they didn't use titanium for these knives - what with it's price having increased tenfold, but why the sandwich construction and lack of spring latch?

Surely it can't have been that expensive to mill the knives out as channels, or even just extend the spacers all the way up to be channels. And why no spring latch? If 30 dollar clones can churn out spring latches at a dime a dozen, why can't Benchmade afford to stick them on their knife?

All in all, from the reviews I'm seeing, the 62 looks pretty good, flipping wise. It just... doesn't seem much like a Benchmade knife to me, it looks and sounds more like that Jaguar model that had the 42 style handle casts but was a sandwich construction knife with a T-latch.

I suppose I'd need to get my hands on one to say for sure, and that's not likely to happen. Most of the time I can get knives shipped in peices, or I just buy cheapos that I can afford not to get. But 200 dollars for a Benchmade seems very risky.
<<

redsnake93

Post Mon May 28, 2012 7:13 am

Is it worth buying a 62?

Im graduating this year and as a graduation gift I'm debating about buying myself a 62. I have a 51, and that's my only bali. Should I get the 62 or is there another good bali that wont break the bank, such as any of the Kimuras? Still gotta pay for college you know! Haha
Looking to buy a Jerry Hom Basilisk. PM ME!
<<

T-man

Post Mon May 28, 2012 7:39 am

Re: Is it worth buying a 62?

Just save your money and get an Alpha Beast dude. There will me more! Flip your 51 and be happy with that for now. Also suggest you go check out the ridiculous 62 thread. 8-) You'll thank me someday!

Edit: merged.
:mrt:
" It comes with the territory." - Jessica
" :vid: <--- Cause that's how shit works here for everyone :stickwhack: " - Silent Jay
<<

JJhamilton

Post Mon May 28, 2012 8:46 am

Have to agree use that money to get the alpha beast......who could not agree the AB is at a great price point compared to any bali on the market.....and from what ive seen (unfortunatly not in person...yet) just an awsome quality bali!!!
<<

redsnake93

Post Mon May 28, 2012 8:47 am

Haha I hope it doesn't take too long for Matt and all them to pump some more out! I can't believe I didnt think of that, I was just looking at the AB earlier on bladehq. Patience is a virtue I guess.
Looking to buy a Jerry Hom Basilisk. PM ME!
<<

JJhamilton

Post Mon May 28, 2012 8:58 am

Yeah i really hope the AB and BRS keep going....and i hope this wakes up other bali maker...including BM which is obviously not paying attention to the flipping community.
<<

bdobalisong

Post Mon May 28, 2012 12:59 pm

JJhamilton wrote:Yeah i really hope the AB and BRS keep going....and i hope this wakes up other bali maker...including BM which is obviously not paying attention to the flipping community.

I really hope that Benchmade will make a 4 ounce range bali that is a good flipper. I was very disappointed when I saw the 62. :pirate_SPANK:
<<

Scottljl

Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:57 pm

My local knife dealer offered to "talk to his distributor" and try to get me one of these for $350. Assuming of course, that I can behave myself and not get busted waving it around in front of our local law enforcement community. What a bummer. I told him he could sell it to me for three at most and that I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for him to get one in. In other words, thanks all the same.

I'll tell ya what I DID do: I bought that BM 42 from Joe511 for his asking price of $400 and got it delivered almost instantly, in mint condition. I would have preferred the plain edge of the partial serrated, but hey...

I know why Benchmade decided to produce the 62, and have a general idea what their objectives were. And frankly, I couldn't care less. I hate it already.
<<

Scottljl

Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:27 pm

Oh, just one more thing... (I'm a regular Columbo lately) I don't worship at the alter of Benchmade knives, lest anyone think of me as one of their fanboys. I remember when they built really good stuff, and I've seen the quality of their products diminish steadily over the years. It's a crying shame. Blame it in market pressure or material and labor costs or regulation or whatever. The end result is the same. I'm simply not interested in any of their new products and will look elsewhere for my new knives.

And I guess I'll take it in the shorts when I find I can't live without one of their old models.
<<

Scottljl

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:24 pm

All else aside, there's a guy over on Jerzeedevil who has a couple of these for sale. He's got no bites as of this morning. Dropped the price to $260, so if yr interested... You shouldn't give a damn what anybody else thinks. If you want one, and that price works for you, head on over there. It's in the WTS section.
<<

danlberry

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:25 am

Scottljl wrote:All else aside, there's a guy over on Jerzeedevil who has a couple of these for sale. He's got no bites as of this morning. Dropped the price to $260, so if yr interested... You shouldn't give a damn what anybody else thinks. If you want one, and that price works for you, head on over there. It's in the WTS section.

Thank you for the referral. I have listed them on this site as well.
PreviousNext

Return to The Knives We Flip