FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

The "What Knife Should I Get?" Sticky

Moderator: T-man

<<

cja245

Post Fri May 28, 2010 11:25 am

Re: The "What Knife Should I Get?" Sticky

the 32 is an very capable flipper. I can do basically all the tricks i know just as well on the 32. I would recommend it to anyone. It does take some adjustment, but thats the case for any knife. As far as the clip goes. Are you trying to hold it in front of the clip? Just stick your thumb right in the shallow of the clip when your doing a y2k or similar rollover, it fits like a glove.
"I wanna stab someone in the mouth and tell em to "Taste the Rainbow" -MoreBeef

6th Place - FAToC '10
http://www.youtube.com/user/cja245
<<

DeadPuppy

Post Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:29 pm

I got the Milled Typhoon as my first (and only so far) balisong because it was a quality knife (or so I read) that was under $100. I chose it over the Kimura only because it comes with an unsharpened blade. I decided I better learn some tricks first before I go cutting my fingers off. I don't really know how other balisongs flip, but I LOVE the typhoon. I think it's almost perfectly balanced and the weight feels good. It's held up well over the past three months, but the one complaint I had with it is that the Teflon washers it comes with suck. They got all smashed and one is torn, so now the handles have a little play in them... :cry:

But never fear! I have new bronze washers on the way. That's another thing I think is good about the typhoon, if the pins or latch or anything would break, you can buy the parts to fix it. :D

Anywho, that's my two cents on a good knife. I don't have much experience with these things, so I don't know how much my opinion matters, but I know that as a beginner, I love my Typhoon. :TU:
"The best thing about killing a mime..is that they don't make any noise. It's the ultimate silent kill." -Vincent Dark
<<

TalonVI

Post Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:51 pm

Just a video I put together showcasing some of the recommended CCC bali's.
Never realized I say 'um' and 'uh' so much lol. also I apologize for the lack of a tripod I couldn't find it. :TD:

Here are the links to the Balisongs in the video.

Tach-Bali G4:
http://216.71.158.68/webcat/product3986.html
or
http://www.bladeops.com/Bayonet-Point-Butterfly-Stainless-p/sdsd15.htm

Silver Jaguar Deluxe:
http://www.bladeplay.com/item--Silver-Jaguar-Deluxe--6183

Tank Butterfly Flipper: :TU:
http://www.bladeplay.com/item--Tank-Butterfly-Flipper--6172

Mtech Twist: :TU:
http://www.bladeplay.com/item--The-Gun-Metal-Twist--6185
<<

beagleman

Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:12 pm

the bradley mayhem is a good flipper once you get use to it thats all. i have a rule i go by. by the best you can afford. if you are a begginer start with a cheepie that way when you drop and it breaks no harm you break a 200+ knife and it breaks you will be mad.
<<

DeadPuppy

Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:25 am

True, but good luck breaking the $200 knife. Unless by drop you mean throw it off your roof onto a highway.
"The best thing about killing a mime..is that they don't make any noise. It's the ultimate silent kill." -Vincent Dark
<<

TalonVI

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:06 pm

Bear & Son Trainer

<<

beflipped

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:47 pm

the new pieces :mrgreen:

Pandayan, Spyderco rainbowfly, Thiel, 45S, 44, 42A, 43 (customised/anodised handles), 259, 35 BladForums Limited Edition 37/100, 31SC, PCC11, Microtech Desertfly
<<

sheneniganer

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:03 pm

beflipped wrote:the new pieces :mrgreen:

Pandayan, Spyderco rainbowfly, Thiel, 45S, 44, 42A, 43 (customised/anodised handles), 259, 35 BladForums Limited Edition 37/100, 31SC, PCC11, Microtech Desertfly

This should be on its own thread in the knives we flip section, just not on this thread...but nice collection man :TU:
6 Out of 18. What are you?
/ Rolling with the cutting edge of a new order.
<<

taylob15

'flipping beast'

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:54 pm

dude i would love a 31 but cant find 1 thats reliable
feenxfire wrote:now you know my power i will prove it no further

TSCKBTA
<<

Raikov

Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:24 pm

Quick question, Jason. i noticed you said that knifekits has a twister model knife. you got any pics of that, or is it the same as a typhoon or a tsunami?

Although you did say CKK twister, and since its a kit knife, i figured they all came from the same site. correct me if im wrong.
You Play Sc2? Pm me. We'll get in touch :D

The world is our's to conquer, ripe for the taking. The beginning to the end of all. Victory will be sweet; Vengeance will be savored. The time for our reign is now.
<<

DeadPuppy

Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:03 pm

The Typhoon Twister was discontinued a while ago. Kind of sad, I hear that was the best model.
<<

Jason

Owner

Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:39 pm

Raikov wrote:Quick question, Jason. i noticed you said that knifekits has a twister model knife. you got any pics of that, or is it the same as a typhoon or a tsunami?

Although you did say CKK twister, and since its a kit knife, i figured they all came from the same site. correct me if im wrong.

The animation you see at the top of the page is from a CKK Twister. Here's a real pic though:

It was a lot like a M-Tech Twist, but without the Twist's problems. Good connector hardware and more metal. Blade was .02" thicker and the whole thing just felt more substantial than a Twist. It was a pretty fantastic deal for $55.

It went away when the Twist showed up. It was only available for a few months in the Fall-Winter of '08, I think.
<<

Raikov

Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:43 pm

so its basically the same thing as a typhoon, but with some filework or w/e done on the handles? i was thinking about trying to make something like that whenever i get my tsunami. pretty sweet looking.
You Play Sc2? Pm me. We'll get in touch :D

The world is our's to conquer, ripe for the taking. The beginning to the end of all. Victory will be sweet; Vengeance will be savored. The time for our reign is now.
<<

Silent Jay

Post Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:41 pm

jason wrote:
Raikov wrote:Quick question, Jason. i noticed you said that knifekits has a twister model knife. you got any pics of that, or is it the same as a typhoon or a tsunami?

The animation you see at the top of the page is from a CKK Twister. Here's a real pic though:

It was a lot like a M-Tech Twist, but without the Twist's problems. Good connector hardware and more metal. Blade was .02" thicker and the whole thing just felt more substantial than a Twist. It was a pretty fantastic deal for $55.

It went away when the Twist showed up. It was only available for a few months in the Fall-Winter of '08, I think.

Do you know if the handles were any wider than the twists?

Also, grats on the 777th post
Image jay
Looseyfur wrote:...spouting his wacky charlie sheen warlocks speech

15 of ?
It's just how we /roll

<<

Jason

Owner

Post Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:33 am

Silent Jay wrote:Do you know if the handles were any wider than the twists?

Also, grats on the 777th post

Handle length, width, and thickness are identical. They are also both made of steel (all are ferromagnetic).

I believe the curvature may be different, the typhoon twister being more square, but I don't have any means of testing that right now (I'd have to make a mold of one and see if the other fits).
PreviousNext

Return to The Knives We Flip