FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

The "What Knife Should I Get?" Sticky

Moderator: T-man

<<

krc1503

Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:51 am

Re: The "What Knife Should I Get?" Sticky

About the herbertz could anybody tell me the blade size, how well the latch works and where to find one because I use my balis for work and the latches are the only thing that never seem to hold up but I really don't wanna take a kimura or benchmade to work and risk something hapening to it
<<

penguinpanda0

Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:08 pm

A good knife is meant to be used..? they'll hold up. Try a Spyderfly. they're invincible.
<<

krc1503

Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:26 pm

Yeah but $100 is pretty hard for me to come by especially where work has been pretty slow for me lately so if I spend that on a kimura then I'm gonna keep it from getting all messed up for as long as possible. Thanks for the advice though, infact I ordered what is supposed to be a small fly a month ago for $15 and hopefully it will be in tomorrow so maybe ill start carying that instead of my worn out cheapo
<<

penguinpanda0

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:04 pm

krc1503 wrote:Yeah but $100 is pretty hard for me to come by especially where work has been pretty slow for me lately so if I spend that on a kimura then I'm gonna keep it from getting all messed up for as long as possible. Thanks for the advice though, infact I ordered what is supposed to be a small fly a month ago for $15 and hopefully it will be in tomorrow so maybe ill start carying that instead of my worn out cheapo

A) I highly doubt you got a smallfly for that price.. but who knows? maybe you got a kickass deal.

B) I recommend you get ahold of Nathan Dewey and buy a Fiend or Arch Fiend. He has a warranty policy such that if you damage the knife in any way shape or form, whatever happens, he'll fix it back to new.
<<

krc1503

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:34 am

Yeah I wasn't very surprised when the guy didn't go through on it and I just went and got a kimura 5 (I was bleeding by the first attempt at a helix) and I'm pretty happy with that so far. I was actualy thinking about getting a fiend but I've heard that there is a huge waiting list
<<

Vadermods

Post Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:21 pm

i gotta say i love the hell otta my bradley kimura 2, its a butiful looking as well as flipping knife, nice bweight for twirls and great balance for arials, snug latch. smooth flipper right from the box but better when you break it in some
<<

DanielGClapp

Post Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:39 pm

krc1503 wrote:Yeah I wasn't very surprised when the guy didn't go through on it and I just went and got a kimura 5 (I was bleeding by the first attempt at a helix) and I'm pretty happy with that so far. I was actualy thinking about getting a fiend but I've heard that there is a huge waiting list

If you mail Nathan now you'll probably be waiting till January or so.
<<

balisongfanaitc

Post Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:06 am

well in my experiances of flipping and trading the 32 is a good flipper but it is small and in the end of the day you really need a longer bali to do tricks so it will flow smoothly and so you can get around the fingers so in those words ..Of course the 4x series and probably a kimura those are lowerend balis but i have two and they have work perfect for two years now but if you looking to get one like the 32 with better steel they have the green and gold bm 51 with s30v at gpknives i have one myself, 8-) infact!
people who dont flip arent really people at all they are just pawns in a game of boring!
<<

fruitfly

Post Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:51 am

Really man a cheap ($10 to $50) balisong is just plain wasting money. The cheapest bali I would suggest is the kimiura. Some say its heavy but I don't think it's too heavy to do tricks and flips I went from a BM 42 to a kimi and the kimi is actually smoother and I didn't notice the wait that much unless I really paid attention. But if you want to spend more a benchmade is your best bet imo. They are more durable, made of better materials, and have better re-sale value. That's gonna be around $200 or over but wow are they good knives!! Everyone will agree on that. But I strongly suggest you don't buy a cheapo.
Some folks are hired by some folks to kill EVEN OTHER FOLKS!
<<

DreadlockBrazil

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:31 pm

Need some help here guys

Hi my friends!

I was just looking after a good balisong to flip. I've already thought seriously about the BM 51, but i wanted a chromed bali; I just think that silver-coloured balis look a LOT more fancier than the other styles.

More precisely, i wanted something similar to the BM 42.

Can you give me some tips guys? Some models that could fit in what i want?

PS: Models that can be found in USA stores would be better for me.

:monkeypiss:
<<

CDR_Glock

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:53 pm

Re: Need some help here guys

DreadlockBrazil wrote:Hi my friends!

I was just looking after a good balisong to flip. I've already thought seriously about the BM 51, but i wanted a chromed bali; I just think that silver-coloured balis look a LOT more fancier than the other styles.

More precisely, i wanted something similar to the BM 42.

Can you give me some tips guys? Some models that could fit in what i want?

PS: Models that can be found in USA stores would be better for me.

:monkeypiss:

Roton Balisong.
<<

DreadlockBrazil

Post Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:26 pm

Can't find one to buy =/
<<

Goon

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:21 am

DreadlockBrazil wrote:Can't find one to buy =/

There's actually on in the selling section of the french balisong board (francebalisong.com)
<<

CDR_Glock

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:29 am

Look up accurate on Jerzee Devil.

He has one for sale. It's more than retail price, though. It's a heavy knife, and if you like old school Balisongs, this is as close to one as you'll ever find.

The polish of the blade is incredible.

The narrower handles actually make the knife easy to control, despite the weight. I'm not a fan of the latch, and I'll likely take it off one day.

There is a Balisong that has chrome handles and it will take a while to find one. However, it is made of Zamak, which is essentially Diecast metal. That is brittle, compared to stainless and can crack under stress.
<<

DreadlockBrazil

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:43 pm

I was looking some Bradley Kimura branded balis. Are they worth it? It seems they are generelly heavyer than the other balisongs.
PreviousNext

Return to The Knives We Flip