FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

The "What Knife Should I Get?" Sticky

Moderator: T-man

<<

Malcolm Reynolds

be the malcolm

Post Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:58 am

Re: The "What Knife Should I Get?" Sticky

do any of you guys know of a good review on the upgraded 42 clones?
rms+Image= :poop:
:pirate1: + :taco: = :taco_pirate:
<<

Jason

Owner

Post Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:18 pm

Updated to include non-balisong objects.
<<

Phlypzilla

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:54 pm

Re: Which Balisong to buy?

Daffiestlime wrote:Those suck.. But if you really want one, you can get them for like 1/3 of the price on Ioffer.com and such.

i went to that ioffer site, they have bm4x for super cheap, im assuming they are the fake ones orr...?
<<

ralphy1976

Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:10 am

ok my turn,

i really like the look of 29 knives, especially the tanto ones. I don't have a problem with investing good money in a Bali so that if i decide it is not for my fingers, i can keep it or sell it at a minimum loss.

I should add, this is globally what i am looking for (Ti, ti+carbon..etc...)

From what i have gathered, 29 Knives, Balibalistics and co are relatively rare to come buy.

If you took BRS alphabeast and BM out of the equation, what would you suggest?

Also, as anyone flipped a WILL MOON orion?

Thanks
Guys
<<

Jason

Owner

Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:29 pm

Well, this thread was originally supposed to be about production knives. Entry level stuff, for beginners. Common newbie question was "What knife should I get?" and this thread has the common answers.
Custom and semi-custom/midtech stuff is another whole different league, and a pretty long list.

But considering what is (or isn't) in production these days, and what it's going for, custom/midtech seems a lot more reasonable then it did 4 years ago.
<<

exile82187

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:25 pm

Phlypzilla wrote:
Daffiestlime wrote:Those suck.. But if you really want one, you can get them for like 1/3 of the price on Ioffer.com and such.

i went to that ioffer site, they have bm4x for super cheap, im assuming they are the fake ones orr...?

Yeah those are definitely fakes if you ever found a real Benchmade for that much.......... You will never find a real Benchmade for that much :mrgreen:
<<

jade

Post Fri May 17, 2013 2:51 am

Phlypzilla wrote:

if only...
<<

Impact

Post Thu May 23, 2013 12:14 pm

I got a BM 51 but i think its too light for me, is the BM 62 a good choice for my next balisong? i heard different comments about this one, it seems that some love it and some hate it.. i heard that the main problems are the latch and it's too heavy, i mean i would like to have a heavy one, is the latch really that annoying? i also have smaller hands so the lenght of the handles would not be a problem.

I would appreciate advices.
<<

Achluo

Post Thu May 23, 2013 2:58 pm

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I really haven't heard anything good about the 62's.
BM 51 Morpho apparently weighs 3.30oz. In comparison, a 62 apparently weighs 6.39oz.
With your small hands, it does sound like it might fit you a little better. I'd do a little more research, though. The 62 is a big jump in weight, and I haven't seen anybody vouching for it's flippability.

Kimuras seem to weigh around 5.40oz. Maybe you should look into one of those? I mean, Kimuras always seem to be recommended, and it's around a third of the price of a 62.
<<

jade

Post Fri May 24, 2013 3:46 pm

Nope, it's not just you. Many people who have tried both 4x and 62 said the 62 performs poorly in comparison and is a bit too heavy.
<<

kemu

Post Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:54 pm

hi, im new to the knife flipping and im trying to get a cheap knife to start out with. i only have about $25 to spend and i cant seem to find the original mtech twist bali anywhere. currently im debating between

http://www.bladeplay.com/item--Fixated- ... g-4--10993
http://www.bladeplay.com/item--Silver-T ... rfly--5259
http://www.bladeplay.com/item--Revolt-Tanto-Black--4748

i would like some input on which one would be the best for a beginner. thankss
<<

DCXXVI

Post Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:32 am

The mtech twist is no longer made if you want one of those you will have to contact glenn on the red forum to see if he has any left ... But as for your question none of those are decent starters
<<

Cutting_Ace

Post Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:53 am

If I were you I would save up some money and get a kimura or even an alpha beast

If u ain't got cuts, u ain't got nuts
Previous

Return to The Knives We Flip