FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

The "What Knife Should I Get?" Sticky

Moderator: T-man

<<

Piper Maru

Post Tue May 08, 2012 7:27 pm

Re: 62 V 42

After using both I have to say the BM42 wins out. Although not being the best flipping, I kinda need the balance the BM42 provides, I still like using the 62, and some tricks really look nice with the 62, but given the price, and add in some patience the BM42 is worth looking out for.
<<

Piper Maru

Post Tue May 08, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Kimura V 51 Morpho

I have a KImura 3 and thats what I learned most all the basics on. I found it to be a great flipper and not a good looking knife either. For the price the kimura is tough to beat. It is worth having in your wheel house for sure. The BM51 can be a great flipper when used in the correct instances. If you are into all types of tricks get the Kimura for now. If you are biased for twirls and aerials at the moment get the BM51, each knife has its strong suits. Also depending on carry laws, the clip on the 51 might be quite nice.
<<

Piper Maru

Post Tue May 08, 2012 11:19 pm

Re: The "What Knife Should I Get?" Sticky

Get the knife you want and the best you can afford.
<<

Weskebob

Post Mon May 14, 2012 1:45 pm

Which knife should i buy? [Beginner]

Good evening.

Alright, As you can see i am new to this forum.
I saw you guys on Google and you Seemed quite professional about flipping & knifes.

I have this 7.50$ Butterfly knife, On the blade it says: UDEMON Stainless Steel.
Which is i suppose the worse Butterfly knife ever.

But i am kind of getting serious with flipping lately and i am looking for a professional Bali-Song.

As i am a beginner that dosnt mean im looking for a 15$ Knife, I could spend about 80$-90$ max on it if i would get something i like.

Now i need your advice,
I saw the BM42 which used to cost about 260$ and i REALLY like that one.
But as stated above i cant afford that.

Now i am looking for a good quality knife, NO Counterfit, But simply a good brand with reasonable prices.
I hope you can give me some advice and show me some knifes i could buy.

To show you what kind of knifes a like, I really like the BM42, But i think the morpho is ugly.
I prefer the chrome/Stainless S. ones.

Please help me find one!

Thank you!
<<

T-man

Post Mon May 14, 2012 2:14 pm

Re: Which knife should i buy? [Beginner]

Weskebob wrote:Good evening.

Alright, As you can see i am new to this forum.
I saw you guys on Google and you Seemed quite professional about flipping & knifes.

I have this 7.50$ Butterfly knife, On the blade it says: UDEMON Stainless Steel.
Which is i suppose the worse Butterfly knife ever.

But i am kind of getting serious with flipping lately and i am looking for a professional Bali-Song.

As i am a beginner that dosnt mean im looking for a 15$ Knife, I could spend about 80$-90$ max on it if i would get something i like.

Now i need your advice,
I saw the BM42 which used to cost about 260$ and i REALLY like that one.
But as stated above i cant afford that.

Now i am looking for a good quality knife, NO Counterfit, But simply a good brand with reasonable prices.
I hope you can give me some advice and show me some knifes i could buy.

To show you what kind of knifes a like, I really like the BM42, But i think the morpho is ugly.
I prefer the chrome/Stainless S. ones.

Please help me find one!

Thank you!

Merged this. You'll find all the info you need here. Please go post an introduction as well.
:mrt:
" It comes with the territory." - Jessica
" :vid: <--- Cause that's how shit works here for everyone :stickwhack: " - Silent Jay
<<

Weskebob

Post Mon May 14, 2012 3:08 pm

<<

Quintocer0s

Post Mon May 14, 2012 3:15 pm

Weskebob wrote:I found this,

Is this anything good?

http://www.bladeplay.com/item--Bradley-Kimura-IV--6575

I'm sure the kimura is already mentioned in this thread.
<<

Boomdiggity

Post Mon May 21, 2012 6:29 pm

should i get this?

hey guys. i joined the flipping community right after jaguars and thugs were sold out everywhere, and i was wondering if anyone knows if this knife would be good because its the best i can afford for a knife right now. i do have a balisong, but the handle fell off and i lost the screw forever and the knife wasn't balanced anyways. both of my trainers blew that out of water so...
http://www.bladeops.com/Bear-Son-Silver-Vein-Butterfly-Tanto-Point-p/bc114a.htm
<<

Switchfeathers

Post Mon May 21, 2012 6:42 pm

Re: should i get this?

Never used a bear and sons but I've seen plenty of reviews. They're apparently quite solid knives, so if you're looking for something that won't fall apart on you in a week then it's probably not a bad investment.

Quite heavy knives, I'm told, And that finish they have on it is apparently quite prone to flaking off.

But really if you just want something to flip without worrying about it coming apart in your hands, it should probably do just fine.
<<

JJhamilton

Post Mon May 21, 2012 8:22 pm

First that looks like a double edge(dagger blade) bad idea...second bear and son has never been a favorite of mine, i broke one 3 weeks aftr i payed $40.00 for it. Not dropping it once just flipping the cast handle broke at tbe pivot. Third keywestknifeworks.com has the mtec twist for $25.00 and you can upgrade the hardware later from knifekits. Thats my recommendation.....hope this helps
<<

Boomdiggity

Post Mon May 21, 2012 8:36 pm

JJhamilton wrote:First that looks like a double edge(dagger blade) bad idea...second bear and son has never been a favorite of mine, i broke one 3 weeks aftr i payed $40.00 for it. Not dropping it once just flipping the cast handle broke at tbe pivot. Third keywestknifeworks.com has the mtec twist for $25.00 and you can upgrade the hardware later from knifekits. Thats my recommendation.....hope this helps

i think your looking at my signature for the picture, and thanks for the info
<<

Boomdiggity

Post Mon May 21, 2012 8:38 pm

Switchfeathers wrote:Never used a bear and sons but I've seen plenty of reviews. They're apparently quite solid knives, so if you're looking for something that won't fall apart on you in a week then it's probably not a bad investment.

Quite heavy knives, I'm told, And that finish they have on it is apparently quite prone to flaking off.

But really if you just want something to flip without worrying about it coming apart in your hands, it should probably do just fine.

thanks for some info, but now i have a good reply and a "bad" one. i don't know i guess its a debate
<<

JJhamilton

Post Mon May 21, 2012 8:44 pm

Lol.....no its a choice.....lol...i know it sucks getting 2 responses in different directions....and i dont mean to laugh....give it time your get some more responses, while you wait do a search on the mtec twist reviews i think thag will really help your decision...
<<

slaysur

Post Mon May 21, 2012 11:42 pm

Go with the twist. A really solid platform to build your skills off of.
<<

JJhamilton

Post Tue May 22, 2012 2:01 am

Yep you where correct i was looking @ your sig and thinking that was the pic....so i checked out the link and behold that looks almost identical to the one i broke...the only dif is mine was a damascus blade...same handlea...broke right @ the pivot.....got it somewhere around here keep it for the blade, planing to reuse the blade in some fashion.....will upload a pic if i can find it.......mtwch twist brother .....promise its a good flipper
PreviousNext

Return to The Knives We Flip