FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Has Anyone Seen/Tried one of these...

Moderator: T-man

<<

Scottljl

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:45 pm

Re: Has Anyone Seen/Tried one of these...

Ok. Got the Valhalla knife from JB at doucenozel. The Valhallas were a collaboration between JB and Alan Harvey. The one I have is called the Dr. Roger (reference to the inventor of carbon fiber) with carbon fiber handles. The blade is S30V steel, as are all the Valhalla knives. He has a couple left, I think.

As I mentioned earlier, he knocked the dollar amount way down on this for me. So, I paid what I believe was a fair price for it. The knife does have a few cosmetic imperfections which don't concern me much. Had I paid the original asking amount for it, and planned on keeping it in new condition, I'd be bitching about that. But, I'm gonna use it so...whatever. Maybe I'll take some photos and talk about the knife after I've done that for a while. I've only had it for a few days, but so far, so good. Overall, I'm pleased. It's a great design and it's a good flipper. I believe it can handle just about any task. It's solid and comfortable in the hand.

For those who are considering whether to buy from him, I'd reccommend talking to him by email and exercise due diligence. He isn't gonna take yr money, put ya on hold, and forget about ya. He sells some good stuff. He also sells what he calls cheap shit. Find out what you are buying, and try to get a fair price, the same as you would anywhere else.
<<

Scottljl

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:48 pm

Once again, I am NOT typing douche nozzle. I don't know where that's coming from. To my knowledge, JB does not manufacture or sell the aforementioned feminine hygiene products.
<<

JJhamilton

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:06 pm

Lol......
<<

Exiled_ Dealer

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:12 pm

SonOfTheBong wrote:If you are talking about knifezilla site, then this knife is a peice of crap and will fall apart in minutes.

lol he has 29 knives and BM. Those fall apart?
<<

Exiled_ Dealer

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:19 pm

I have a pile of these. They are $10 shipped from me, $16 shipped anywhere else. Want to know the quality? The handles and blade are OK, they will not snap (mine haven't at least, I've had 2 personals for 4 months.) The hardware is as bad as it gets. Replace the butter soft pivots and the "plastic" washers and you have a good trainer for a really low cost. This is for cheap ass Americans. I guess I am cheap too though, I bought 30 of them. I doubt there is anything that can compare to this for the price though. 5 stars in the shitty China category. :D And again, only the hardware is crap and that can be fixed in 10 minutes.

You can polish these to a mirror chrome finish, I charge $10 extra for that. :D
Previous

Return to The Knives We Flip