FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Has Anyone Seen/Tried one of these...

Moderator: T-man

<<

tboulay

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:02 am

Has Anyone Seen/Tried one of these...

I was browsing and found this under the new arrivals at kz.

It looks like a Kimura, and from what I can tell it looks to be the same size. I was thinking about picking one up, worse case; I'd have a trainer blade that I could swap on to a real Kimura's handles/pivot hardware. I'd almost say that the price would be worth it simply for a trainer blade that I'd know works with a real knifes handles. (they're priced at $12.99 by the way)

Has anyone seen or tried one of these? if so; any thoughts?
<<

Silent Jay

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:00 am

Re: Has Anyone Seen/Tried one of these...

First time seeing Kimura clones.....

Anyway, I'd be willing to bet nothing on that bali is the proper dimensions to do a swap like that. Then again, I could be wrong.
Image jay
Looseyfur wrote:...spouting his wacky charlie sheen warlocks speech

15 of ?
It's just how we /roll

<<

SonOfTheBong

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:09 am

If you are talking about knifezilla site, then this knife is a peice of crap and will fall apart in minutes.
The Crystal Fiend
<<

c.wigum

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:07 pm

IDK why... but that just makes me feel mad.

Its just wrong on so many level's
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

tboulay

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:56 pm

c.wigum wrote:IDK why... but that just makes me feel mad.

Its just wrong on so many level's

What do you mean? like a clone? Aren't most CCC's a clone of something. The Fury trainers look almost exactly like microtech bali's, Tach has a couple of models that look identical to arc angels etc.

Personally I don't really care, except for one thing. I think it sucks for people new to the hobby, who might order one thinking that they're getting something decent; but honestly if you see a benchmade for $350.00 and the next knife down looks exactly the same and costs $14.00 you have to know something's up.

Clones that are pawned off as the real thing are ones that really piss me off.

I don't really see much problem with one like this, it's crap, we all know it's crap. Buying it to be a dedicated trainer would be a supremely naive thing to do. However if the tang end of the blade is the same dimentions etc. as a real one, getting a trainer blade for 13$ was more my point.

As Jay said however, the question remains as to whether it would even fit.

I don't understand by Bradley (or all other bali companies for that matter) wouldn't simply sell trainer blades for their knives.
<<

DeadPuppy

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:26 pm

It's wrong that there's a cheap clone of one of the cheapest available high quality knives... You can save a little money and get something 50x better...
"The best thing about killing a mime..is that they don't make any noise. It's the ultimate silent kill." -Vincent Dark
<<

tboulay

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:40 pm

DeadPuppy wrote:It's wrong that there's a cheap clone of one of the cheapest available high quality knives... You can save a little money and get something 50x better...

Absolutly; I have 2 46's, a 47 and just ordered a 51 and a 32. I'd recommend to anyone planning on buying a flipper that they want to actually use, that they spend as much on a good one as they possibly can. When it comes to Balisong's the expensive production ones cost what they do for a reason. They flip better, they last longer and they're a hell of a lot more safe that something that has a good chance of producing an airborne blade after a week of flipping.

I didn't want it to seem like I was asking "is this a good trainer for me to buy", I was simply asking if anyone had seen/used one for information on whether the blade dimentions/pin holes matched a real kimura, because when it comes to an unsharpened training blade; quality really doesn't matter, if it fits; it's good.
<<

c.wigum

Post Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:03 am

Whoever made that obviously has the ability to produce Balisong. They could have had an original idea and designed their own Bali but instead they are riding on the coat tails of the popularity of the Kimura, with the sole intent to make money. They are hoping that someone who actually wants a Kimura but can't afford one will buy their cheap shit because it looks the same.

That just leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I don't care if everyone else is doing it, it still isn't right.

That's one reason.
<<

feenxfire

Post Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:22 am

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

But why the Kimura??!?!? Ain't a goddamn thing flattering about that knife!!
<<

HollowPsyche

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:11 pm

feenxfire wrote:Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

But why the Kimura??!?!? Ain't a goddamn thing flattering about that knife!!

I disagree with you there. I love the Kimura series. Flips great, really smooth, and I think they look pretty great. But hey, we're all entitled to our opinions. The only real complaints I have about the Kimura is that the blades rust easily if you don't let them soak in WD-40 often, and the square handles make some maneuvers difficult to pull off smoothly. Other than that, I'd say especially at the price, a fantastic knife.
<<

Klockwyse

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:49 pm

I bought 5 of these to sell at inflated prices to dumbasses, and give to friends new to flipping, they are actually not that bad. Theyre mad by exiled cutlery, weigh about the same as a 51, and has deception tolerences. Latch is a POS, but they are pictured to not fall apart out of the box. Hardware is shit as well. The blade will not fit on a Kimura well.
<<

Scottljl

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:05 am

Bought an Exiled Kick-Ass FU42 in Damascus from JB a while back. It's a good flipper. There are some YouTube videos about it with honest reviews that I tend to agree with. JB is easy to do business with. I had a good experience with him anyway. You can't go wrong on his trainers if he's still selling them for $12. The Exiled knives are way over-priced in my opinion. Just picked up his last Valhalla Dr. Roger, but I haven't got home to open it up and look at it yet. He gave me a really good discount on that, which made up for the deal I got on the Exiled knife. He's responsive and a fast shipper.
<<

Scottljl

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:10 am

Just need to add something for clarification: Josh at PVK/Knifezilla sells these too. Done business with him as well, and no problem. JB is Roadside Imports/doucenozel. Josh gets these from JB.
<<

Scottljl

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:15 am

Assisted Knives dot com. NOT douche nozzle. That was a weird typo or something. I wasn't implying anything anything negative about JB.
<<

c.wigum

Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:23 am

Scottljl wrote:I wasn't implying anything anything negative about JB.

Why ever not? The guy is a major dick.... hence, doucenozel.com
Next

Return to The Knives We Flip