FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Wine on Blade

Moderator: T-man

<<

HollowPsyche

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:07 pm

Re: Wine on Blade

A little bit of steel wool isn't going to damage the blade. It'll dull the edge, but it won't scratch or damage the blade. Sandpaper will mess the blade up though. I don't know how that would work on wine, but it works on rust. Trust me. That's actually advice I got from a friend's dad who's been taking care of knives for most of his life. I'd highly doubt it'll damage the D2 blade of a 51 if it won't damage the blade of a Kimura. I would try other things from other people first, seeing as I'm not a veteran when it comes to knives, but that's just my input.
<<

Piper Maru

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:33 pm

You might as well give it a custom patina at this point.
<<

bdobalisong

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:46 pm

Quintocer0s wrote:After reading about steel wool I would probably seek out advise from someone who's not a smurf.

Steel whole wool works amazing un rust like on my kimura, and my 51 had some
<<

HollowPsyche

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:41 pm

bdobalisong wrote:
Quintocer0s wrote:After reading about steel wool I would probably seek out advise from someone who's not a smurf.

Steel whole wool works amazing un rust like on my kimura, and my 51 had some

Thank you! :lol:
<<

newflipper

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:06 am

BenchMade finally replied: You can use 409, soap and water, gun oil, or a semi chrome to try to remove the stain. After you clean the blade, you should make sure that the knife is dried well and then apply a small amount of oil (gun oil or even vegetable oil would work too). Their reply confirms that the blade can be stained. I have 409. I'll give it a shot. It it doesn't work I'll give flitz a try. I also heard back from them and they recommend flitz paste polish. Thanks for all the input. I'll keep you posted. Here is my helpful hint to all you flippers. If you must drink and flip drink beer instead of wine. :lol:
<<

Wheelman185

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:53 pm

newflipper wrote:BenchMade finally replied: You can use 409, soap and water, gun oil, or a semi chrome to try to remove the stain. After you clean the blade, you should make sure that the knife is dried well and then apply a small amount of oil (gun oil or even vegetable oil would work too). Their reply confirms that the blade can be stained. I have 409. I'll give it a shot. It it doesn't work I'll give flitz a try. I also heard back from them and they recommend flitz paste polish. Thanks for all the input. I'll keep you posted. Here is my helpful hint to all you flippers. If you must drink and flip drink beer instead of wine. :lol:

Or leave your glass of wine in the other room!
-Wheel

Just started flipping? Hard to find decent Balis in the $30-$60 range? The Search Ends Here!

Don't hold out for a BM42! Take that $400+ you are planning on spending and go get in line for an Alpha Beast! You won't be disaponted!
Previous

Return to The Knives We Flip