FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

bm 51 washer mod

Moderator: T-man

<<

balifreak23

Post Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:20 pm

bm 51 washer mod

Hello, i know there are a few of you who have changed out your 51's washers so that there is less play in the handles. for those that bought multiple sizes which worked best?
Seriously though if you wanted advice on how to fight.... go with the Bitch Slap as he won't be expecting that and it would be funny as fuck.
A full force slap across the chops then run like the wind.
Bitch Slap my friend.. it never fails. - c.wigum
<<

Quintocer0s

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:46 am

Re: bm 51 washer mod

Try out different combinations bud, best way to figure out what's best for your knife/your preferences. My 51 came pretty darn tight compared to the 42 so I never felt a need to change them.
<<

balifreak23

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:36 am

Right on, my spine of the blade comes into contact upon closing with a liner but if i could get the tolerances tighter it looks like it would be perfect. I have some spare washers from my kimura so i may try to see if they fit. I gotta beat the hell out of my knife first because i loctited the other day, I couldnt get the zen pins out to dissassemble, almost felt as if id strip the screws so im going to flip it untill the loctite gives up on me and try again! my play is just about where you want it, but i would like the play at a kimura level!
Seriously though if you wanted advice on how to fight.... go with the Bitch Slap as he won't be expecting that and it would be funny as fuck.
<<

balifreak23

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:35 pm

So far i found out that the kimura and the bm51 both have identical sized washers, i didnt measure but i put them on top of each other and they are the right size. I tried using 2 washers on each side of the blade to reduce the play, but since the knife is one lade for one on each side, when i put everything back together it didnt work as well. the handles were a little to far apart than the knife like and i put the screws in besides the pivot screw and the blade and handles wouldnt budge. I think if you put in a washer about 1/8 thicker it might work but 2 didn't

Return to The Knives We Flip