FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Anyone Have This Knife?

Moderator: T-man

<<

newflipper

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:19 am

Anyone Have This Knife?

Was looking for a cheap flipper. Anyone have this knife? Thoughts? http://www.bladeplay.com/images/knives/ ... e_dust.jpg
<<

JJhamilton

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Anyone Have This Knife?

Doesnt look like it would be a good flipper..... :TD: el
<<

Wheelman185

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:42 pm

Yes I do. I picked it up from a flea market a week or two ago just to see if it was worth it at all, as it looked cool.

Pros:
-The blade part actually starts higher up than usual. So if you grab the Bali on the wrong handle and flip it onto your finger it won't bite you but feel weird enough to know the difference.
-I considered it a light trainer for small balis like the BM 32.
-If you're considering this a trainer or a cheap beater, then the blade is crap and not very sharp so it won't bite very hard at all.

Cons:
-Very uncomfortable when doing twirls. The crap sandwich construction of the many jagged pieces it has digs into your fingers.
-Point on the blade near the Tang Pins make several moves uncomfortable to do.
-Haven't landed an Arial with it yet.
-Again, construction is crap so don't even think about flipping much before loctiting every screw. When I say every screw I mean any, and all.
-Latch sucks and I just straight took it off.
-Again, Blade isn't sharp so don't expect to do any thing with it aside from open letters and stab yourself in the foot or the hand with that point. (Yes I was wearing flip-flops)

If you purchased this knife already, immediately take off the latch and the latch pins as they aren't even screwed in. I replaced the washers with size #8 Nylon ones from home depot, helped decrease the play problem. Loctite everything and oil it.

It will now function decently to get you by if you have nothing else.

On the other note, unless you're collecting CCC's, then pass on it. It really does suck and then some.
-Wheel

Just started flipping? Hard to find decent Balis in the $30-$60 range? The Search Ends Here!

Don't hold out for a BM42! Take that $400+ you are planning on spending and go get in line for an Alpha Beast! You won't be disaponted!
<<

Viceroy

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:51 pm

Yeah, anything made by Cobra is gonna be dogshit. Much better options out there. Get a Twist.
<<

newflipper

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:57 pm

Appreciate the input. I'll spend my money on something else.
<<

Viceroy

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:22 pm

Do you have a Twist yet?
<<

newflipper

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:15 am

I have a Silver Twist. Actually ordered it by mistake as I was wanting the Mtech version. Didn't know CCC's were copied!! Do like the bayonet style blade though. What I don't like about it is that the handles and tang pins became loose in a short period of time! Thinking about going with the Jaguar Aluminum or the Tank.
<<

balifreak23

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:46 am

u need to use loc-tite!!!
Seriously though if you wanted advice on how to fight.... go with the Bitch Slap as he won't be expecting that and it would be funny as fuck.
A full force slap across the chops then run like the wind.
Bitch Slap my friend.. it never fails. - c.wigum
<<

newflipper

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:18 pm

balifreak23 wrote:u need to use loc-tite!!!

I admit I haven't used locktite on it yet but I've tightened the screws all the way down and it's still way to loose. It looks like the washers at the pivots are made of plastic. I'm going to take it apart tomorrow and see if I can replace the washers.
<<

JJhamilton

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:34 pm

newflipper wrote:I have a Silver Twist. Actually ordered it by mistake as I was wanting the Mtech version. Didn't know CCC's were copied!! Do like the bayonet style blade though. What I don't like about it is that the handles and tang pins became loose in a short period of time! Thinking about going with the Jaguar Aluminum or the Tank.

Id advise instead of spending $20-30 on these ccc's over and over just save the $ and get a kimura or bops...i know you are probrbly going to say i dont ha e that kind of $ but you are spending that just over time by buying theses ccc's....save take your time good things come to those that wait.....just a suggestion
<<

Viceroy

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:37 pm

^ The Twist is a good buy. Most people with extensive balisong collections have a Twist. It's a very well-built knife for the price.

I can point you to a guy that will mod a Twist with Loctite, JB Weld, and ship it to you tax-free for 25 dollars, if you're interested.
<<

Wheelman185

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:46 pm

Viceroy wrote:^ The Twist is a good buy. Most people with extensive balisong collections have a Twist. It's a very well-built knife for the price.

I can point you to a guy that will mod a Twist with Loctite, JB Weld, and ship it to you tax-free for 25 dollars, if you're interested.

JB Weld? What does he JB Weld?
-Wheel

Just started flipping? Hard to find decent Balis in the $30-$60 range? The Search Ends Here!

Don't hold out for a BM42! Take that $400+ you are planning on spending and go get in line for an Alpha Beast! You won't be disaponted!
<<

newflipper

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:08 am

Wheelman185 wrote:
Viceroy wrote:^ The Twist is a good buy. Most people with extensive balisong collections have a Twist. It's a very well-built knife for the price.

JB Weld? What does he JB Weld?

I'm also wondering about the JB Weld. :?:
<<

balifreak23

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:28 pm

the jb weld is used on cheaper knives. It takes the place of loctite, but its a permanant solution to your screws being loose. It just needs to be used sparingly and done right the first time. blue loctite is good on higher quality balisongs but if its a ccc sometimes they need jb weld because the screws suck basically, hope this helps!
Seriously though if you wanted advice on how to fight.... go with the Bitch Slap as he won't be expecting that and it would be funny as fuck.
A full force slap across the chops then run like the wind.
Bitch Slap my friend.. it never fails. - c.wigum
<<

Viceroy

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:46 am

He puts JB weld on the latch to give it some tension so it won't collide with the handles while flipping. Though I'm sure he'd be willing to put it in the screws too if you asked him.

This is his youtube. Tell him Vice sent you.
Next

Return to The Knives We Flip