FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

BM51 washer update

Moderator: T-man

<<

balifreak23

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:38 pm

BM51 washer update

So far i found out that the kimura's big replacement washers are identical to the 51's. I didnt measure but I put them on top of each other and they looked identical. I tried using 2 washers on each side of the blade to reduce the play (8 in total). I put everything back together but it didnt work well since the knife is made for one on each side. the handles were a little to far apart than the knife liked and i put the screws in besides the pivot screw and the blade and handles wouldnt budge. I think if you put in a washer about 1/8 thicker (only 4 in total) it might work but 2 didn't. also my liners color went to a silver after using 3 different types of oils: ballistol, rem oil, and 3 in 1. so i would suggest when cleaning the liners only using a clean rag to wipe dust that is all.
Seriously though if you wanted advice on how to fight.... go with the Bitch Slap as he won't be expecting that and it would be funny as fuck.
A full force slap across the chops then run like the wind.
Bitch Slap my friend.. it never fails. - c.wigum
<<

JJhamilton

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:08 pm

Re: BM51 washer update

I would imagine the blue color will return especialy if you wipe ot down reall good.....if not i bet it actually looks pretty good with silver inlay...would like a pic....back on topic if you figure out the right combo let me know might try this myself if it improves an already impressive flipper.
<<

Wheelman185

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:57 am

Someone should make a Washer thread, with all makes and models, and their appropriate sizes. Then there won't be 50 Mil threads asking what size washers for "X" knife.

Same with pivots, especially for CCC's, in case someone wants to jazz up a decent one.

This would be super useful when replacing washers to PB!
-Wheel

Just started flipping? Hard to find decent Balis in the $30-$60 range? The Search Ends Here!

Don't hold out for a BM42! Take that $400+ you are planning on spending and go get in line for an Alpha Beast! You won't be disaponted!
<<

JJhamilton

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:23 pm

Wheelman185 wrote:Someone should make a Washer thread, with all makes and models, and their appropriate sizes. Then there won't be 50 Mil threads asking what size washers for "X" knife.

Same with pivots, especially for CCC's, in case someone wants to jazz up a decent one.

We appreciate you volunteering......get to work....
<<

Wheelman185

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:48 pm

JJhamilton wrote:
Wheelman185 wrote:Someone should make a Washer thread, with all makes and models, and their appropriate sizes. Then there won't be 50 Mil threads asking what size washers for "X" knife.

We appreciate you volunteering......get to work....

I prob will actually, I want to do photos, and vids, don't know if my iphone4 is going to cut it though.
-Wheel

Just started flipping? Hard to find decent Balis in the $30-$60 range? The Search Ends Here!

Don't hold out for a BM42! Take that $400+ you are planning on spending and go get in line for an Alpha Beast! You won't be disaponted!
<<

JJhamilton

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:15 pm

Crappy pics are better than nothing.....and if you actually carry this out i will personally give you :clap: .......no really props if you do it

Return to The Knives We Flip