FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Benchmade 51 vs Kimuras

Moderator: T-man

<<

madmasterj

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:19 am

Re: Benchmade 51 vs Kimuras

They both flip amazingly smooth. I myself like the kimura better but thats because i like heavier knives. the down side about flipping a kimura is that its one of the sharpest fucking knives ive ever flipped and holds an edge better than the 51 so when you get cut by it you defenitly get cut deep
if it aint sharp then i dont like it
<<

xristan

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:12 am

I'm really looking to get a 51 too and I was wondering if it was durable enough to last me a long time. cause im from overseas and its kinda hard shipping it back and forth for repairs and such. Does anybody own one as their primary flipper? can it take a good beating? :?:
<<

Wheelman185

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:18 am

xristan wrote:I'm really looking to get a 51 too and I was wondering if it was durable enough to last me a long time. cause im from overseas and its kinda hard shipping it back and forth for repairs and such. Does anybody own one as their primary flipper? can it take a good beating? :?:

Most do! It's made of Titanium and G-10, both quality materials! Just learn some basic maintenence and keep up with it!
-Wheel

Just started flipping? Hard to find decent Balis in the $30-$60 range? The Search Ends Here!

Don't hold out for a BM42! Take that $400+ you are planning on spending and go get in line for an Alpha Beast! You won't be disaponted!
<<

xristan

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:22 am

Wheelman185 wrote:
xristan wrote:I'm really looking to get a 51 too and I was wondering if it was durable enough to last me a long time. cause im from overseas and its kinda hard shipping it back and forth for repairs and such. Does anybody own one as their primary flipper? can it take a good beating? :?:

Most do! It's made of Titanium and G-10, both quality materials! Just learn some basic maintenence and keep up with it!

thanx alot man. now my mind is set on what to get. it's going to be my first flipper. well aside from cheepo CCC's :)
<<

bladeboy

Post Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:12 pm

I have a kimura and a 32 and I could tell you that both of them have pros and cons. However I believe that the Kimura is the better deal.
<<

Y.T.

Post Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:57 pm

Does anyone find that Kimuras ring really loudly? Every time I shut my new Kimura V, there's a huge high pitched vibration.
<<

bladeboy

Post Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:54 pm

If you're looking for a better bang for your buck get the kimura, I have a 7 and a bm 32 and honestly I like the bm32 and all it's a lot smoother but the kimura is only $100
<<

Skaunders

f.k.a. DumbNinjaDude

Post Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:07 am

bladeboy wrote:I have a kimura and a 32 and I could tell you that both of them have pros and cons. However I believe that the Kimura is the better deal.

The 32 doesn't at all flip like a 51 by any means. It's mainly an EDC balisong. The 51, because if it's longer handles and slightly heavier, flips 10x better. Trust me, I own both, simply incomparable. Definitely go for the 51 if you want a flipper. If you want and EDC go for either the 32 or kimura. Although the kimura is lager and cheaper, the 32 is of higher quality and I personally like the smaller blade for EDC use. It's up to you and how much you have to spend.
<<

Truepaganini

Post Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Y.T. wrote:Does anyone find that Kimuras ring really loudly? Every time I shut my new Kimura V, there's a huge high pitched vibration.

Ya i noticed that too, it rings and combined with the T latch its quite the noisy flipper. Between the 2 knives though I have to say that it mainly comes down to personal preference. Its Heavy vs light and the difference is so great its really hard to compare for me. If you are low on cash though I would go for a kimura.
<<

knifeaddict

Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:50 am

i own bolth the 51 and the K5. The 51 kills the K5 just spend the extra $ and ul be verry happy.
<<

exile82187

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:37 pm

I have seen this discussion on many knife forums and I own both a 51 and kimmys 1-5 and I can honestly say its all a preference thing if you are used to using heavier balis you will like the kimmy if you are used to lighter balis you will like the 51 which is why I love my 51 and am disappointed in my 62 :(
hope this helps and good luck choosing.
Previous

Return to The Knives We Flip