FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

The Best CCCs (A Guide 2 the Most Outstanding Chinese Crap)

Moderator: T-man

<<

jz840

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:52 am

The Best CCCs (A Guide 2 the Most Outstanding Chinese Crap)

I know we all love great knives, high quality balisongs just have a feel to em the make a man feel good. :woot:

However sometimes times are hard and one has to make due...

Now it's seems like it's asked all the time "what's a good CCC?" And the responses are usually colorful ways of saying don't waste your time. However In my experience there are a few gems amongst the crap.... as far as CCCs go. Or in simpleton, there are a few decent ones...

Now I don't really want the to be a discussion thread but more of a review collection for crappy knives that are a cut above and are a decent value for the flipper on a budget.

I'm gonna simply do a short review on the best CCCs i've encountered and if anyone would like to add other knives or have had a different experience with a knife .... please add your own CCC reviews Top 5s or 10s ...etc

I myself have come across 6 that stand out and are available currently.

6. SuperKnife Tank OR Jaguar
These are sort of the same but different flavors of bali made by SuperKnife? Idk much about the company but I did own both of these... The tank had a classic BM shape and appearance but casting on the handles was sloppier then the the Jag and the balance sucked worse.... I plan to get another Jag cuz I gave that one away, and it is just a jag with a crappier blade.... But the handles are cast steel NoT zymak .... so the are ALOT more durable and flip resistant.

5.http://www.mixc.cc/u_file/pro/2011/08_23/2011082317502971567.jpg Linton Balisong .... This one is very cheap some places and about 25-30 at others and the handles are really great and it flips pretty well but does tend to be heavy on the handle play.

4.Sleel handled balisong http://www.bladeplay.com/images/knives/butterfly/butterflyknifelowcoasttexturedsilverfront.jpg Mine has black handles and a video will be posted soon for this one soon

..... I will edit and finish asap

AND YES I am doing this to distract myself from the fact that there are soooo many awesome bali's I want and have no hope in being able to afford anytime soon.
Last edited by jz840 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Daffiestlime

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:56 pm

Re: The Best CCCs (A Guide 2 the Most Outstanding Chinese C

Great idea!
<<

exile82187

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:01 pm

The Mtech twist is a fabulous cheapy I also like some of the JKR balis they sell on knifezilla.
<<

Masharp81

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:16 pm

exile82187 wrote:The Mtech twist is a fabulous cheapy I also like some of the JKR balis they sell on knifezilla.

Yeah, the Twist is a very good cheapo knife, but they are getting hard to come by.. Well, unless you know some private sellers who mod them. If your looking to buy a balisong for around 30 bucks or less, don't. :) Save a little more and get a kimura.. but if you must, I would go for a Bear and Sons.. Although most of their cheapos are pin construction, they will definitely serve the purpose of helping someone who is new to balisongs find out if it's something they would want to spend a lot of money on.
<<

LesserSanity

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:08 pm

Masharp81 wrote: If your looking to buy a balisong for around 30 bucks or less, don't. :) Save a little more and get a kimura..

I've read many, many posts saying that no one should buy a CCC, but I bought one from bladeops for around $22, and it was actually a good investment for me. I can tell it's not very good quality, but it was a great knife just for learning how to flip, and see if I liked it before spending more money. Of course, now I'm looking at getting a Kimura.

Curious to see the rest of the list.
<<

Wheelman185

Post Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:10 pm

In my opinion......

-Twist (best balance)

-Jag (not the shit all black one with Rostfrei on the blade, that one cracks after a few days abuse)
It makes a difference if you can get the old good ones. There's a reason these are hard to find now!

-Tank

-Twist II

I've heard good things about others, but I've heard modded Twists and Clones are all the rage these days. With the modded ones you're just ridding the CCC's of the crap parts that make them crap in the first place. As long as the material is solid, you're looking at a quality flipper.

Unless you're super strapped, get a modded clone, twist, or throw down a little more for a Kimmie. All are pretty reasonable for what you get and shouldn't matter as much if you're a beginner.
-Wheel

Just started flipping? Hard to find decent Balis in the $30-$60 range? The Search Ends Here!

Don't hold out for a BM42! Take that $400+ you are planning on spending and go get in line for an Alpha Beast! You won't be disaponted!
<<

Masharp81

Post Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:26 pm

Wheelman185 wrote:
-Tank

-Twist II

Were those Twist II's any good? Those weren't made by Mtech, and I heard some pretty bad things about them.
<<

HollowPsyche

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:22 am

One that no one seems to bother looking into, or mentioning ever is the Regal Flipper. It's like a $25.00 bali, and is pretty solid, and it has really smooth action. The one big downfall, is the inserts like to fall out sometimes. An easily fixed issue, though.

Return to The Knives We Flip