FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Korth Model 1 balisong

Moderator: T-man

<<

Piper Maru

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:06 am

Korth Model 1 balisong

I was recently fortunate enough to score a Korth Model 1 IKBS #19 balisong. This balisong is amazing, it is quite possibly the best quality knife and balisong I have ever owned. The handles and blade are amazing, the ergos are spot on, the dynamics and balance are unlike anything I have ever experienced on a balisong before. This is a amazing balisong for sure. This balisong has titanium handles with the insides of them anodized blue, it gives a magnificent contrast. Now here is a review of this balisong.

Aesthetic.

The aesthetics on this balisong are awesome, it is incredibly visually appealing and at the same time functional (but that will be placed in the performance section). Everything on this balisong is made to perfection, it is a piece of functional art for sure. The grind lines on the blade are just so well done and they match the stream lineness (if thats a word) of the handles. Also this balisong came in a really nice black leather sheath, so the presentation in that regard is awesome as well. The titanium has a interesting texture that I really like a lot, it is not super smooth like the titanium found on the BM42 or CS AA. This is a striking balisong without a doubt.

Performance.

While I have not flipped this balisong a great deal, I did flip it enough to be able to right a little something here. The IKBS is super smooth on this balisong, the balisong just glides. Also this balisong is really well balanced. Every flip I tried with it felt really nice and secure.

The handles are rather thin, so doing the full twirl took a little getting used to, but I got the hang of it again rather quickly (relative), and it just feels like a great flipper. Rollovers were nice, and of course the basic open and close felt great to. What I was really impressed about though was despite the thin handles twirls felt much easier then when I did them on the spyderfly which also has thin handles. Not only that, this balisong feels rather light, of course with titanium handles that makes sense, but it did not feel "to light" or "to heavy", it really felt "just right".

Overview.

This balisong is amazing, and I see why many consider it a grail. I am glad I was able to obtain this great piece of balisong history. Korth is one of the masters at making knives and balisongs and this balisong really show cases that. I am for sure stocked about scoring this balisong.

I do have a few questions though. How many of this balisong were made, and what is some history behind it.

I hope you enjoyed the review, now for some pictures. Cheers.

<<

exile82187

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Korth Model 1 balisong

Cool bali I wish I could afford one....heck I wish I could afford a tacyon 2. :evil:
<<

T-man

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:14 pm

What are the specs?
:mrt:
" It comes with the territory." - Jessica
" :vid: <--- Cause that's how shit works here for everyone :stickwhack: " - Silent Jay
<<

Piper Maru

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:30 pm

I still need to measure that, but I think the balisong is slightly longer then a BM42.

Return to The Knives We Flip