FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Kimura Screws?

Moderator: T-man

<<

drumkeys

Post Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:13 pm

Kimura Screws?

How's it going guys? I don't post here often but I've been visiting frequently for the past 2 years or so. Anyways, My Kimura II, which I've had since it was released, recently fell apart on me after an ariel. The screws from one of bite handle released the latch, and I lost the screws. I was wondering where I would need to go to purchase those screws, I've checked Kershaw's website pretty hard and have found nothing. I'm sure one of you has bought these screws before, seeing as they're pretty prone to falling out. Also, is there a way to get a new latch? I have a Kimura III that's missing one.
Thanks
-Drumkeys :)
<<

hukfin

Post Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:23 pm

Re: Kimura Screws?

I am not sure.
But,it's best that you contact Bradley.
http://www.bradleycutlery.com/
<<

Jason

Owner

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:45 am

hukfin wrote:I am not sure.
But,it's best that you contact Bradley.
http://www.bradleycutlery.com/

Yeah that.
Kershaw is just an OEM here - they're supposed to be invisible to the consumer, and Bradley is supposed to honor warantees and such.

Someone once sent me a whole set of spare Kimura parts to work on their Kimura with, so that's probably what you'll end up getting. Shoot them an email and see what happens.
<<

nitegaunt

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:59 am

Don't even bother contacting Bradley. They will tell you to contact Kershaw. Just give their customer service a call and tell them the situation. They sent me a whole new set of screws and an extra latch immediately with no questions asked.
Flip it like it's hot!
<<

Wolrab

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:23 pm

If the screws that you need are the ones that connect the standoffs to the handles, you can get them from knifekits; I too lost several of my kimura screws. The stock hardware that holds the Kimura's handles together isn't really exceptional; but the ones that they sell at knifekits are stainless steel, and if you buy them there, you'll have quite a few to spare. I recommend these as replacements over any additional stock screws that Kershaw may send you. If you're looking for the actual latch screw, or any other Kimura parts, you'll end up having to get them through Kershaw.

Link:
http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/product_info.php?cPath=60_81_230&products_id=1640
<<

drumkeys

Post Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:32 pm

Thanks everybody I'll be contacting kershaw in the morning, and maybe benchmade now that I just lost some screws to my new bm51 :(

Need to get me some lock tight
<<

exile82187

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:42 pm

Thats some bad luck I have never had my latch screws come out on me.

Return to The Knives We Flip