FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

what's your favorite EDC knives

Moderator: T-man

<<

terreldactyl

Post Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:07 pm

what's your favorite EDC knives

What does everyone carry on a semi-daily basis? What do you use as a practice flipper? and what do you have that you have on display and may never flip?
<<

flipmag

Post Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:24 pm

Re: what's your favorite EDC knives

I carry a Benchmade 556 mini grip folder as my daily carry. I have a Tachyon 2 on pre-order which might be my main flipper along side my Kimura V. My practice flipper is a Bear Ops trainer, I used to get the mechanics of new moves down before i move to a live blade.

I also have a Typhoon, which is more of a work of art (thank you Jason!) - that is a display piece.
<<

vileperson

Post Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:55 pm

I EDC my Smallfly. (the perfect bali for EDC, if you ask me) Every once in a while I swap it out for my PCC 10, because it makes a great "condom pocket" carry.
I usually practice, at work or elsewhere, with the smallfly because I don't mind dropping it (too much) and when I go back o a full size heavier bali, everything seems so much easier.
<<

Wheelman185

Post Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:37 am

I typically EDC my Gerber Crucial as my Multi. For a Blade it's either my Pocket Boxcutter or my BM760. For a EDC Bali, it's usually a BBBarfly. If I were to EDC a Bali (since Texas doesn't like them at all) it'd prob be my 32, Smallfly, or Kimmie.
-Wheel

Just started flipping? Hard to find decent Balis in the $30-$60 range? The Search Ends Here!

Don't hold out for a BM42! Take that $400+ you are planning on spending and go get in line for an Alpha Beast! You won't be disaponted!
<<

SirBilliamBoyd

Post Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:05 pm

rule number 5 guys ;)

If I were a law-breaking citizen I would EDC two knives. My Kershaw Kuro for cutting tasks, and my BM51 for flipping.

:monkeypiss: police.
"Don't hurt yourself" ;)
<<

ironhead79

Post Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:14 am

Spyderco military, because I'm at work 70-80 hours a week. Texas knife laws restrict us from carrying a Bali or auto off of our property. Silly, yes, but at least we aren't barred from buying, selling, or possessing. Now then, I would love to carry my 51 for a work knife.
<<

Truepaganini

Post Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:49 pm

I edc a sanrenmu 710!!! Ghetto i know, but for flipping i use my kimura 7, which has stood undtold abuse and dropping. That thing is build like a tank! Some day i hope to get a protech flyfather, which i would most likely frame on my wall :lol: it looks absolutely amazing!
<<

Cpfrombv

Post Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:10 pm

Well I used to rotate EDC's between a CRKT M 16 and a Cold Steel Pro lite, but I found this on SMKW http://www.smkw.com/webapp/eCommerce/prodlist.jsp?Mode=Text&Brand=&CatalogName=&PriceStart=&PriceEnd=&Feature=&Cat=&SearchText=sh1000&range=121&list=12&Submit.x=0&Submit.y=0 I sewed the end shut and have been using it to carry my K2 for two months now. Works great.
Mom told me not to run with scissors, but she never said I couldn't play with knives.
<<

razorfd3

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:35 am

I edc my bm morpho 32, never had a problem with police in NC because of it. Not the best flipper but great for utility tasks and I can get an edge on its D2 blade that makes the hairs run off my arm when the blade gets near. When I do carry a regular folder, my bm griptilian is great as well.
<<

Skaunders

f.k.a. DumbNinjaDude

Post Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:27 am

My Benchmade Griptilian is my EDC for general cutting tasks. A friend of mine always has his 51 and Kimura 6 as well ;)
<<

deathsnuggle

Post Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:59 pm

since I can't edc my balisongs I switch between my prepro benchmade Osborne, and my sog trident :)
<<

Jason

Owner

Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:47 am

I rarely carry any balis. Too bulky.

Normally I carry either a Victorinox SAk or a Buck 371, especially when fishing. Other times I carry one of a number of carbon steel slipjoints I've accumulated over the years. Right now there's an old Western barlow in my pocket.

I don't own anything I wouldn't flip or use.
<<

CrazyCarl030

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:45 pm

I have 3 EDC that I switch around. I EDC a Leatherman Skeletool. Its a very handy tool with a very sharp short knife. I use the screwdriver and pliers a lot when I work on computers. My other EDC is a beater rescue knife with a glass breaker and seatbelt cuter. And I also have a vintage Spyderco Native Stainless steel, I dont use this much often now cuz its older, but i plan on sending it back to spyderco to be resharpened.

My main flipper is a Benchmade 51, I love this knife, the weight suits my style. I practice with my 2 Mtech twist (one is a comb trainer).

I have a Filipino Hand Made Batangas from Batangas, Philippines. The only problem i got with it is that they killed an animal to make the handles. This FHM is not meant to be a flipper cuz is long, and the blades are beastly heavy and sharp. It can be flipped well, but I would much rather keep it as a collection.
<<

exile82187

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:36 pm

BM 51 for my flipper, Leatherman Charge TI or Victorinox one handed trekker for my out of the house edc.
<<

brokeflipper

Post Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:11 am

edc my bm32 :D
Next

Return to The Knives We Flip