Post Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:27 pm

Smallfly Question

Can't seem to put up the video, so here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD3y4fg7my8&feature=youtu.be

<<

vileperson

Post Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:11 am

Re: Smallfly Question

I've had mine since Fathers Day. I carry it every day. I squeeze to open. I use it at work. I flip it all the time and drop it a LOT. That being said, mine is straight as an arrow.

If I were you I would contact Spyderco about fixing/replacing. There had to be something wrong with it to begin with. That or you thew it up against the wall and it subsequently got ran over by a truck.
<<

MelbinoRhino

Post Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:26 pm

Never dropped mine, barely use it as an EDC but flip it almost every day. It's pretty weird, it's actually the handle where the latch goes on that is a little weak. I will contact Spyderco seeing as I might have gotten a defective knife. I sure wish they can fix it or replace it, I really love it, even though it's not the best for flipping I still find it extremely fun. Thanks for sharing your experience with it!
<<

exile82187

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:35 pm

I am assuming you cut yourself before this video :D
Yeah seems like a QC thing they missed I would send it in and see if they would be willing to replace or repair it just be prepared to wait awhile for it to be returned.
<<

zohninja

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:38 am

Isnt really related but Im conisdering getting a smallfly and I want to know how they flip even with the smaller handles/blade because ive noticed the 42's everyone flips are quite a bit bigger any info would help thanks(:
Flip till you bleed. Literally.
<<

mike_geno

Post Tue May 07, 2013 6:59 pm

I have a smallfly as well. I can't flip it for dick. Its too little and light and I cut myself more than needed.
That being said. It does look twisted and that is odd. The handles are just G10 and some thin metal sheets, I think is SS but I'm not 100%.
I would call Spyderco. They can likley send you a couple handles. might cost you a few bucks.
Good Luck.

Return to The Knives We Flip