FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

help

Moderator: T-man

<<

Malcolm Reynolds

be the malcolm

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:47 am

help

please :help: my brothers birthday is coming up fast hes own some ccc's but never had the money to buy a good bali so what i want to know is what do you guys think of the upgraded mtech twists from Wheelman185 what i want to know about them is:
#1 how long will they last
#2 what part of them will break first
#3 does it completely suck as a flipper please reply soon
Last edited by Malcolm Reynolds on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rms+Image= :poop:
:pirate1: + :taco: = :taco_pirate:
<<

Wheelman185

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:04 pm

Re: help

I'm sure you don't want to hear my opinion on them because that would be considered bias, but here's a link to a section of the forum where this information exists.

Trusted or Busted Forum
-Wheel

Just started flipping? Hard to find decent Balis in the $30-$60 range? The Search Ends Here!

Don't hold out for a BM42! Take that $400+ you are planning on spending and go get in line for an Alpha Beast! You won't be disaponted!
<<

Malcolm Reynolds

be the malcolm

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:11 pm

Wheelman185 wrote:I'm sure you don't want to hear my opinion on them because that would be considered bias

wrong i do want your opinion :)
rms+Image= :poop:
:pirate1: + :taco: = :taco_pirate:
<<

Wheelman185

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:56 pm

Malcolm Reynolds wrote:please :help: my brothers birthday is coming up fast hes own some ccc's but never had the money to buy a good bali so what i want to know is what do you guys think of the upgraded mtech twists from Wheelman185 what i want to know about them is:
#1 how long will they last
This, I can't give an honest answer, the Clones and Twists are the best CCCs I've seen and handled. Neither are made of cheap cast Zamak, which is what many channel style CCCs are made of.

Both knives are made of Stainless. I don't know the exact grade for the handles, but the blades claim to be 440C. Others claim they could actually be 440A or 440B. 440C is still reasonably cheap enough, so I personally believe it's 440C. 440C is a good steel, not top of the line for knives but has reasonable edge retension and isn't hard to maintain at all. All blades come really sharp.

As far as how long? I haven't owned a single one for longer than a few months so I haven't officially put them to the test of time. They hold up to daily flipping and would require no more maintenence than any other Bali.

#2 what part of them will break first
This is the whole reason the modifications happen, to replace the only shitty parts of these CCC's. All initially come with crap hardware, that strips, and aren't machined to any consistant detail. Each bali gets replacement pivots and PB washers. All screws are threadlocked, and the Twists recieve an O-Ring to serve as a latch gate. In theory, they shouldn't fail at all, except for the normal wear and tear that's associated with any bali. Again, you'd have to maintain it just like anything else.

#3 does it completely suck as a flipper please reply soon
Actually, not even close! They flip lightyears better than any other CCC, and at least as well as a Kimmie. They flip very well for the price!

If you have any other questions just shoot me a PM!
-Wheel

Just started flipping? Hard to find decent Balis in the $30-$60 range? The Search Ends Here!

Don't hold out for a BM42! Take that $400+ you are planning on spending and go get in line for an Alpha Beast! You won't be disaponted!
<<

madmasterj

Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:52 pm

not sure if your looking for help still but ive had a clone 42 for over a year and the things been through hell and back its been thrown into walls through glass tables (that was a hard one to explaine to my mom) and its still flipping like a champ today i own a kimura 6 and i would say it doesnt feel as soild of a build but it flips just as good anyways hope this helps :D
if it aint sharp then i dont like it

Return to The Knives We Flip