FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Value Rainbow Spyderfly

Moderator: T-man

<<

trubblman

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:55 pm

Value Rainbow Spyderfly

I just found and purchased a rainbow spyderfly in 440c steel in almost NIB condition for 150 bux. I think I got it for a pretty good price. I wonder what do they tend to go for nowadays in terms of price. Thanks.
<<

Wheelman185

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:50 pm

Re: Value Rainbow Spyderfly

IMHO the Spyderfly will never be worth more than $200 at most.

Why?

The Demand doesn't exist like it does for any of the discontinued Benchmades.

From the data I've collected from mid Dec '12 to the end of Feb '13 here's what I've come up with.......

Rainbowfly:

Sample Size: 7

Listing Price:
- Mean: $265.71
- Median: $270.00

Selling Price: (2)
-Mean: $217.50
-Median: $217.50 (Same bc there were 2 results)

-28.6% listed were sold
-Variance between Listing and Selling prices: $48.21

Not a huge sample size especially since 5/7 went unsold. That tells me that the asking price was too high. Spyderflies are becoming more of a collector's item than a go to flipper. The selling price got messed up because one JD member sold his for a good cause, and another JD member bought it at $250 to help out. The other one sold at $185.

-It took days for the $250 one to sell.
-It took 1 hour and 9 min for the $185 dollar one to sell.
-Both were LNIB, papers, etc.....

Since Rainbowflies really don't sell for much more/less than any other Spyderfly, here's more info.

Spyderfly: (all versions)

Sample Size: 17

Listing Price:
-Mean: $258.13
-Median: $250.00

Selling Price: (5)
-Mean: $210.00
-Median: $200.00

Avg Time For Completed Listings: (Days:Hours:Minutes)
[01:18:21]

-29.4 % of all listed were sold.
-Variance between Lising and Selling price: $48.13

I think out of all the models of knives I kept track of, the Spyderfly was one of the worst as far as going unsold and the varience in listing price and selling price.

Between the Rainbowflies and all Spyderflies........

-There is a %2.7 percent drop in the amount sold with respect to the Rainbowflies.
-The Variance on the Rainbowfly is $0.08 more, which is %0.17 more.
-Avg Selling Price on the Rainbowfly is $7.50 more, which is %3.57 more.
-Avg Listing Price on the Rainbowfly is $7.58 more, which is %2.94 more.

According to the numbers, there isn't much difference in value between the two, so anyone claiming the Rainbowfly is much more rare and valuable are using Used Car Salesman tactics.

To answer your question, yes you did pick it up for a good price. :TU: Especially if the knife is LNIB. If you were looking to sell it ever don't expect more than $200. Of course you could list it at $250 and see how long it takes to settle in between. Just depends on the condition, how fast you want to sell it, and who's buying it.

Hope this helps! 8-)
-Wheel

Just started flipping? Hard to find decent Balis in the $30-$60 range? The Search Ends Here!

Don't hold out for a BM42! Take that $400+ you are planning on spending and go get in line for an Alpha Beast! You won't be disaponted!
<<

exile82187

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:48 pm

Re: Value Rainbow Spyderfly

Well not to brag but I got my Rainbowfly for $90 :happypills: sorry been meaning to use that smily.

Return to The Knives We Flip