FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Good EDC Bali with good edge retention?

Moderator: T-man

<<

Mr_Nice_Garrett

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:26 am

Good EDC Bali with good edge retention?

Getting a Kimura VI soon which will be my current EDC but i just want to know what bali i can buy that's going to keep a nice sharp edge for a while given an average amount of day-to-day cutting (cardboard, paper, plastic, rubber, wood etc)

I hear the Spyderco Smallfly is a pretty good EDC which i can assume is a pretty accurate statement with a 154cm blade and small size and i currently have one af these on its way too but i'd love any other suggestions.
1 million hobbies and counting... :D

<<

zohninja

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:21 am

Re: Good EDC Bali with good edge retention?

I read your intro and seeing you want the bm51 it would not be a good edc bali for you as it uses D2 steel which is not very strong but the smallfly not being the greatest flipper would be a pretty good edc blade but keep in mind you will have to sharpen in eventually as any other knife
Flip till you bleed. Literally.
<<

exile82187

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:37 am

I understand the want to use a bali as an EDC as I have done it a few times and it is just not made for it, I was constantly having to resharpen the knife everyday after cutting boxes and if you hit a staple in the box forget about it.

I have seen a balisong box cutter before but it is made by a company I hate as they have blasphimized my good name of exile (exiled cutlery), and it is only sold on a site that everyone hates and is run by a whiny little turd, if you have been a part of the the knife community for awhile you know who I am talking about if not I will send you a pm with the site name.
<<

Mr_Nice_Garrett

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:02 pm

any good ideas in general then? getting a griptillian soon and a tenacious once i rake up the funds... and although I'm sure the balisong isn't the BEST EDC knife if i WERE to choose one which are the best choices?

<<

exile82187

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:55 pm

Go with the griptillian I used to carry one till I lost it, great knife and edge retention is not bad.
<<

Mr_Nice_Garrett

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:18 pm

<<

exile82187

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:53 pm

No worries :TU:

Return to The Knives We Flip