FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Where to find a Kimura!!!

Moderator: T-man

<<

EreBus

Post Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:29 pm

Where to find a Kimura!!!

im new to flipping and every one says to get a kimura but i cant find any one one these forums or blade forums selling them. i know bradly is not making them any more. the other problem is i live in canada so i would need it to be shipped in pieces. and compared to the bear ops/ bear and sons knives the kimura seems like a better knife overall. if any one has any help that would be great.
<<

hannam72

Post Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:20 am

Re: Where to find a Kimura!!!

I posted an opinion on the kimura in the other thread, but I'll restate it. They are expensive now, and I don't think they are worth it. If you could land a b200 or bm 51 those would be a better value at this point. The b200s are spotty on quality(some are great and some are bad), but they flip better then a kimura and you can find them 50+ cheaper.
<<

Jason

Owner

Post Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:52 am

Indeed. Time was, the cheapest you could get a decent bali was $80 for a Kimura, which is why everyone should've got one. Truth be told, they didn't flip that great, but were decent knives. Anything cheaper was pretty faulty.

Seems that's no longer the case.

Before the Kimura, it was the Twist, and before that it was the Typhoon, etc.
<<

JackTheRiver

Post Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:10 am

The best alternative in my opinion would be one of the $90 bearsongs. I've owned three Kimura's over the years and the only thing even close for the price would be the bearsong. Then as you get more flipping experience i would save up for a nice benchmade.

Return to The Knives We Flip