FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Tips on Video Making

Moderator: slashncut

<<

c.wigum

User avatar

Posts: 1470

Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:03 pm

Location: Land Of The Long White Cloud

Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Tips on Video Making

Zach wrote:i notice all of u guys with a bm42 use a backdrop thats black and where a black shirt. it makes the flipping look great. but i have a bm51 that is black coated so everything is black, should i use a white backdrop and white shirt theN? the 51 looks bad in any vids i make.


Erm! Yes.

I mainly flip with a standard BM51... so try to film with a light colored background so the handles don't get lost from view. A black blade on a BM51 would be even worse, so you will need to film with a white or light colored background.

Here's an example. I just used the light colored wall as a backdrop.



@ Placebo That ^^^ was filmed with a Mino FlipHD. They are very easy to use and good for the price.
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

Zach

Posts: 64

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:04 am

Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:05 pm

Re: Tips on Video Making

thanks man. calvin even suggested maybe a orange backdrop. if i dont get around to that you should try it so we can see what it looks like. :idea:
<<

DanielGClapp

User avatar

Posts: 63

Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:22 am

Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:13 pm

Re: Tips on Video Making

c.wigum wrote:

@ Placebo That ^^^ was filmed with a Mino FlipHD. They are very easy to use and good for the price.

That looks sped up. Not saying it is but thats really freakin fast and twitchy.
<<

Bladejunkie

User avatar

Posts: 521

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:11 am

Location: Lewiston, ID

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:05 am

Re: Tips on Video Making

DanielGClapp wrote:
c.wigum wrote:

@ Placebo That ^^^ was filmed with a Mino FlipHD. They are very easy to use and good for the price.

That looks sped up. Not saying it is but thats really freakin fast and twitchy.

Wigum is just a cyborg from the future that has returned to help us defeat skynet
3rd place OKCA 2012
Image
<<

Zach

Posts: 64

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:04 am

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:39 am

Re: Tips on Video Making

ozzie i notice u said all u can contribute is help on videos and what not, so whats a good free video editor that can edit mp4 files.
<<

c.wigum

User avatar

Posts: 1470

Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:03 pm

Location: Land Of The Long White Cloud

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:31 pm

Re: Tips on Video Making

DanielGClapp wrote:
c.wigum wrote:

@ Placebo That ^^^ was filmed with a Mino FlipHD. They are very easy to use and good for the price.

That looks sped up. Not saying it is but thats really freakin fast and twitchy.


Yeah, it does look sped up... but it's not. That was created on the flipshare software that comes with the flipHD. You can add titles, music and credits but they are very basic. There isn't any option for slo-mo or speeding it up.

@Zach. Try vegas pro 9. They have a 30 day trial period I think. Or you could just go onto YT and get a cracked version..that's what I did.
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

Zach

Posts: 64

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:04 am

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:43 pm

Re: Tips on Video Making

cracked version?
<<

c.wigum

User avatar

Posts: 1470

Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:03 pm

Location: Land Of The Long White Cloud

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:05 pm

Re: Tips on Video Making

Zach wrote:cracked version?


Search YT for "vegas pro 9 free" and everything will be revealed
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

Zach

Posts: 64

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:04 am

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:30 pm

Re: Tips on Video Making

i cant figure it out. do you have a link to the vid?
<<

placebo398

Posts: 72

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:03 pm

Location: TX

Post Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:33 pm

Re: Tips on Video Making

c.wigum wrote:
Zach wrote:i notice all of u guys with a bm42 use a backdrop thats black and where a black shirt. it makes the flipping look great. but i have a bm51 that is black coated so everything is black, should i use a white backdrop and white shirt theN? the 51 looks bad in any vids i make.


Erm! Yes.

I mainly flip with a standard BM51... so try to film with a light colored background so the handles don't get lost from view. A black blade on a BM51 would be even worse, so you will need to film with a white or light colored background.

Here's an example. I just used the light colored wall as a backdrop.



@ Placebo That ^^^ was filmed with a Mino FlipHD. They are very easy to use and good for the price.


Thanks Wigum, just got one and it works fine and was cheap too.
<<

mahalkobalisongs

User avatar

Posts: 116

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:10 pm

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:23 pm

Re: Tips on Video Making

what programs do use you for adding music :|
Nardath wrote:i usually suggest people to learn less and master more
<<

SonOfTheBong

Posts: 91

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:57 am

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:30 am

Re: Tips on Video Making

mahalko any video editing software can add music, even ones as shitty as windows movie maker.
The Crystal Fiend
<<

blackcat

User avatar

Posts: 12

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:25 pm

Location: indiana kokomo

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:36 am

Re: Tips on Video Making

SonOfTheBong wrote:mahalko any video editing software can add music, even ones as shitty as windows movie maker.

name one thats free and uses mpeg4s and is for windows
<<

Quintocer0s

User avatar

Posts: 677

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:20 pm

Location: Portland, OR

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:28 pm

Re: Tips on Video Making

I got vegas pro for free, does that count? Pretty sure someone even posted it here for everyones enjoyment too.
Previous

Return to The Art of Flipping

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests