FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Finished product video thread

Moderator: slashncut

<<

DeadPuppy

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:54 pm

Re: Finished product video thread

Prepare to be underwhelmed!

Well I planned on making a video for being here 1 year to show how much I'd progressed (or how little), but life happened so I'm 2 days late. Anywho, here's what I got. It was filmed at times between 1 and 3am, so if I look tired, I am. I abused the slowmo and made an attempt at editing the contrast and brightness. There's plenty of parts where I'm not happy with the flipping (you can pretty much skip the first minute, I hadn't got my rhythm yet), but I still think it's the best video I've made yet. I tried be creative and did my best not to get repetative for 3 minutes, so sorry if some segments seem dumb. I also made a brief attempt at artsyness and planned to do a lot of other stuff but I just said screw it so what you see is what you get.

I'm no Fke or Vince, but I tried my best. All comments are welcome! Even criticisms. Don't hold back.

"The best thing about killing a mime..is that they don't make any noise. It's the ultimate silent kill." -Vincent Dark
<<

c.wigum

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:23 pm

Weeeeellll!!!.... I don't know about anyone else but I thought it was fucking cool dude.

I loved the intro how it was in sync with the music. Digitalism is the shit.

To be honest I didn't really notice a lot of repetitiveness, I enjoyed the whole thing. You've obviously got the advanced hellbent/cherry-picker down pretty good as well, and the open knife trickery was awesome as well.

A lot of the transfer stuff that you did, is the same as what I've been working on... :D I've saved this to my favourite's to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Nice to see the blade grab variation as well. I'm not sure if that particular grab has been done before but it's not something I have seen. With the work that is going on at the moment with bladegrabs, I can see it getting very popular...that and the fixed blade stuff.

Yeah... there were tricks that could have been done cleaner but overall if I were you I'd be very pleased with myself. :TU:

BTW I can definitely see the influence those people in the credits have had on your style.
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

Vincent_Dark

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:55 pm

This video was sick!!....good production value and good lighting, everything stayed in frame for the most part, really nice work.
what i really enjoyed was the small subtle oddball moves....kept everything fresh...and more than a few times i had to rewind and watch some of the details again. some of the lil things that stood out to me were :38 and 1:14.....
some cool open and blade work in there. mixed with some nice power aerials that had some nice clear slo mo.

great job man, the only thing i would suggest is that on the beginning of some of the clips, there is a small pause before you start the actual move, kinda broke the feel of a continous motion from one clip to the next.
"Traveling at the speed of dark"
agent number 4..I /rollz for the lulz...a new standard has been set.
This message was brought to you by your friends, at the other side.
<<

white_star_32

Post Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:59 am

great video man! like vince said, the variations and subtleties made it really fun to watch for me! video looks good and the flipping was good too. props man
"Before you say anything, know that mattresses are very dangerous and cunning fighters."
<<

Blackbird Lore

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:06 am

It may not have been fke, vince, or slash material, but it was fantastic none the less. Definitely going to favorite it as well. Keep up the great work, Puppy.
Haters gonna hate.
<<

DeadPuppy

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:33 am

Thanks for the comments guys! I'm honestly surprised how well everyone seems to like it!

@ wigs, the bladegrab at 1:14 is the only one I haven't done before, I've done versions of the other two a buncha times but the quality sucked back then... As for the transfers, I knew you'd been working on them so I had to try some myself :lol:

@vince, thanks for the tip! I honestly hadn't thought about the pauses breaking the flow of the video, so I'll keep that in mind for future videos. Going out of frame was always a problem of mine, I'm still working on that part haha.

Thanks again everyone!
"The best thing about killing a mime..is that they don't make any noise. It's the ultimate silent kill." -Vincent Dark
<<

DeadPuppy

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:32 am

Also it was supposed to be HD...the camera was HD and I swear I rendered it in HD but apparently I didn't...I'm kinda bummed about that. I still fail to see how 480p could possibly be 761mb...
<<

Looseyfur

Full of Smiles and Sunshine.

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:29 pm

jz840 wrote:Here's the closest thing to a finished project I came up with so far.....
The this is I think just the slightest bit above a practice session, the production/editing is raw and amateur status at best. Any feedback is more than welcome on both the flipping and the video in and of itself. Not sure if it's lack a patients or the programs I'm using. I'm using imovie and I really cant figure out how to get the slow motion to work, also I'm really having no idea how everyone does even the simplest of intros :( and help with that would be cool but I think there is a video help-ish thread lol ima find and post in with those kind of specific questions.
Overall since I lack the skill and or patients to make a really polished video, I was kind of goin for a raw look and low tech feel, not sure if I achieved it :/ lol

But anyway
Enjoy :D

@deadpuppy- Nice vid man, how did you get that all black background effect?? Is it just a back black drop, or is it something done on the video via some effect or something.... or is it a combination of the two. Really could use all the production knowledge i can get, watch my video and you'll see/know why :lol:

this doesnt belong in this thread.
There is a practice thread, thats what we are looking at here, subsequently there is a thread for video help

:stickwhack:

id move this post but its better to serve as an example of what not to post in this thread.
its no wonder you cant figure imovie, might stem from not being able to read.

Finished product video thread

Postby slashncut on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:05 pm
This thread is now the place to post your videos that don't fit the Training Sessions one.

Only finished products should be posted in here. This means high quality videos. Videos with new tricks or combo's are welcome, too. Keep in mind though, that quality is key, so keep your dirty laundry out of frame and your balisong in frame.

do you have a thread saying you will take on any challenger? thats like one of those chicks who gets all sloppy drunk throws herself at every man in the bar wears hardly any clothes then crys when she gets RAPED.

wow this may be one of my meaner posts to date! congrats dude!
L.
"Loosey will throw down meat grinders in his wheelchair".
~Faultyply

Slaver: what is -=BRS=- ?
DeadPuppy: the future for balisongs

i blew the lid off of balisong-techniques.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<<

feenxfire

Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:31 pm

I was really proud of this one until the ghosting appeared. :( Halp?

<<

FkeSpydrFly

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:43 pm

fke
<<

Palethius

Post Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:00 am

Just finished this. I spent a lot of time editing... I am kind of limited to my software... and my skill, but mostly the software ;) Anyway, hope you guys like it.

#16 huh? /rollin' somethin' for the future....
<<

CalviNNatioN

Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:20 am

Palethius wrote:Just finished this. I spent a lot of time editing... I am kind of limited to my software... and my skill, but mostly the software ;) Anyway, hope you guys like it.

I really enjoyed that, your aerials are getting pretty good, and Some you use are very complex, and putting those in freestlye is pretty amazing, good work.
<<

Nardath

Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:29 pm

my first production vid..
ImageImage
Third at FATOC 11'
Looseyfur wrote:the lord satan invents all tricks then he gives them to top flippers in the form of superpowers to be manifiest into reality from the nightmare realm.
<<

CalviNNatioN

Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:50 pm

Nardath wrote:my first production vid..

Awesome man! The lightinq was awesome, the tricks were literally flawless and the song was sick, I love prodigy for montages. What kind of lighting are you using?
<<

JohnnyBmore

Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:56 pm

Nardath wrote:my first production vid..

Like I said on youtube !! SICK!! very smooth! I really liked the transition at 0:42- 0:44 never seen it that smooth & it looked fucking great! Just tried it like 30 times & it is not easy to get that flow .
" Emergencies seldom favor the unprepared "
PreviousNext

Return to The Art of Flipping