FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Is There Any Tricks you are not a big fan of?

Moderator: slashncut

<<

feenxfire

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:11 pm

Re: Is There Any Tricks you are not a big fan of?

Way to kill the thread.

:lol:
<<

Mittens

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:26 pm

Around the fucking world. I always catch my ring finger trying to pull it away when you finish the first swing, then it gets all wobbly and shit and I always cut myself on the half-rollover, I've resorted to holding the bite handle when doing the swing and doing a zen rollover at the end haha
<<

Dudinkalv

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:18 am

Silent Jay wrote:
Vincent_Dark wrote:a novelty parlour trick would be throwing a knife at an apple on your head.

:lol:

Roll the clip!

Hahaha laughed my ass off when it went straight for your forhead. Sorry xD

I'm an aerial hater. Don't think they look good, and don't like to do them xD
<<

Nardath

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:34 am

Mittens wrote:Around the fucking world. I always catch my ring finger trying to pull it away when you finish the first swing, then it gets all wobbly and shit and I always cut myself on the half-rollover, I've resorted to holding the bite handle when doing the swing and doing a zen rollover at the end haha

Practice that shit son. I love the around the world. But it's def a trick that I've cut myself constantly while learning it. Now I do it so much I never cut myself, once u get that motion down, ur good. It's a good break in a routine.
ImageImage
Third at FATOC 11'
Looseyfur wrote:the lord satan invents all tricks then he gives them to top flippers in the form of superpowers to be manifiest into reality from the nightmare realm.
<<

Mittens

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:43 am

Ive cut myself so many times on that trick that it scares me to do sometimes because I know im just gonna cut myself, im gonna keep trying it, and getting more scars, hopefully in the end itll be second nature, but I like the trick, just not that specific part. Sometimes I do my little variation and add 2 or 3 rollovers at the end instead of the ending y2k.
<<

BaliBombshell

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:26 am

This topic got confusing when people started asking if it was about
a) tricks that you LIKE but CANNOT do, or
b) tricks that you DON'T LIKE but CAN do.

Therefore, I'll include an example of both.

A trick that I like but cannot do would have to be scissoring. I've tried it a million and one times but I just can't get it down. I still try it every now and then, but to no avail.

A trick that I can do but makes me uncomfortable to do would have to be bite handle 8-ball. You've really gotta have it down to a science involving momentum or you're gonna end up getting a few stitches.
News flash! Australian metal band "Parkway Drive" would like to offer words of advice to all of us here at the Flipping Arena: "Guns for show, knives for a pro."
<<

sirhorsechoker

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:45 pm

i wanna get on board with the "body aerials suck" troop. i like most all moves, including aerials, when they are done well. but under the leg, behind the back, head etc... at some point we're getting a litte TOO fancy, if you hear me. i mean, if youre fancy im cool with that, but thats not how i roll. i got a few friends that are really fancy, im not judging.... :lol:
<<

Palethius

Post Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:47 am

I'm really not a fan of any move that puts your body in and awkward position. So, under legs and body catches (except elboy catches, they're OK I guess) are not my thing. Behind the back stuff is usually OK though. Basically, if you have to adjust your body position a bunch to perform or finish a move... I'm not down. When these moves are being performed, it doesn't look natural... or comfortable. I'm big into comfort... especially when I flip. I don't wanna be uncomfortable when I cut myself....

The knife should be an extension of your body. I like to move around smoothly... and so should my knife... and my flipping. "Smooth as butter" is how I like my flipping. And what I like to see in flipping. Again, big, awkward and unnatural moves don't do it for me. I generally stray away from them.
#16 huh? /rollin' somethin' for the future....
<<

Fargaminium

Post Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:01 pm

BaliBombshell wrote:A trick that I can do but makes me uncomfortable to do would have to be bite handle 8-ball. You've really gotta have it down to a science involving momentum or you're gonna end up getting a few stitches.

Is that possible to even do without cutting your self??? Im pretty sure that would mean you have to do a rollover with your finger in between the handle and the active blade..... :suicide:

Back on topic, I can't say there are too many tricks I dislike, to me, the helix kind of seems like a pointless move, its not necessarily difficult just not typically appealing to me. I'd much rather incorporate a behind the 8-ball in a routine than a helix.
Muhammed Ali had it all wrong, butterflies sting plenty
<<

jz840

Post Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:55 pm

The downward facing fan!!!!!! Kinda like at the beginning of behind the 8ball...... Alot of people do this in there combo and I just hate the way it looks, so I avoid it like the plague......

It just looks so overused to me at this point I hate even seeing it in combos....
<<

Fargaminium

Post Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:15 pm

jz840 wrote:The downward facing fan!!!!!! Kinda like at the beginning of behind the 8ball....

0g Chaplins?
Muhammed Ali had it all wrong, butterflies sting plenty
<<

jz840

Post Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:52 am

Fargaminium wrote:
jz840 wrote:The downward facing fan!!!!!! Kinda like at the beginning of behind the 8ball....

0g Chaplins?

No just a sort of way I've seen fanning done in a down ward position, with ones wrist pointed downward to do the manipulation. In the ice pick grip looks a little cool but I think i try to avoid excessive fanning all together 8-)
<<

feenxfire

Post Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:20 am

sirhorsechoker wrote:i got a few friends that are really fancy, im not judging.... :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I LOLed.

Aerials in general are, in my opinion, meh.

Unfortunately.....these smurfs are learning them all very quickly and they're becoming a standard in videos now. Leaving this old guy in the dust. I try to take "aerials" in a different direction to combat the evil force of aerials. And the body aerials. WTH? WHen Faulty first started doin em.....it was cool. They were simple. Now they're just....out of this world.
<<

Looseyfur

Full of Smiles and Sunshine.

Post Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:48 am

when someone does shitty aerials, its not even comparable to ones preformed excellently. I wouldnt go so far as to say I wasnt a fan of at least smoothy excuted and well placed aerial or pwr aerials, I dont see how someone could deny that when done well or by a pro they aren't pretty bomb looking.

shitty aerialists are a dime a dozen and they saturate videos with crap attempts at aerials. No wonder some of you dudes dont care for the look of them, they arent being preformed correctly.

said it before, saying it again... to do them well and precisely, to be able to drop them into a combo or routine takes skills as well as balls.
"Loosey will throw down meat grinders in his wheelchair".
~Faultyply

Slaver: what is -=BRS=- ?
DeadPuppy: the future for balisongs

i blew the lid off of balisong-techniques.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<<

HonorHer

Post Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:07 am

Looseyfur wrote:when someone does shitty aerials, its not even comparable to ones preformed excellently. I wouldnt go so far as to say I wasnt a fan of at least smoothy excuted and well placed aerial or pwr aerials, I dont see how someone could deny that when done well or by a pro they aren't pretty bomb looking.

shitty aerialists are a dime a dozen and they saturate videos with crap attempts at aerials. No wonder some of you dudes dont care for the look of them, they arent being preformed correctly.

said it before, saying it again... to do them well and precisely, to be able to drop them into a combo or routine takes skills as well as balls.

i agree so fucking hard its not funny.....
"How many human eyes . . . had snatched glimpses of their secret anatomies, down the passages of years?"

Clive Barker
"Books of Blood" FIRE643
PreviousNext

Return to The Art of Flipping