FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Master of Balisong Clay- video compilation

Moderator: slashncut

<<

Quintocer0s

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:36 am

Re: Master of Balisong Clay- video compilation

Lol calling smurfs a smurf is ignorant because they could be older. Thats classic.
<<

sheneniganer

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:22 pm

theREALjamesbond wrote::| maybe, but i think you calling somebody a smurf makes you sound just as iggnorant. you dont even know me. for all you know i could be older than you, smarter than you, more talented than you, and what, your gonna call me a "smurf" just cause im new to this website and i said something that you didnt like?
sorry lil man but your not tough

:lol:
Quintocer0s wrote:Lol calling smurfs a smurf is ignorant because they could be older. Thats classic.

Your a smurf because you are a smurf. Nothing you said has anything to do with it.

The reason I called you a smurf, is because you made a comment only a new member, who didn't do their research would make. Thanks for responding like a upset child, it just proves my point. :lol:
6 Out of 18. What are you?
/ Rolling with the cutting edge of a new order.
<<

theREALjamesbond

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:24 pm

:oops: ya you guys are totally right!!! my bad i shoulda known better!! im such an idiot!

next time i wont say someone looks goofy
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.
<<

c.wigum

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:32 pm

theREALjamesbond wrote::oops: ya you guys are totally right!!! my bad i shoulda known better!! im such an idiot!

next time i wont say someone looks goofy

You're allowed to think it, I doubt anyone would disagree... but just keep it to yourself. That dude should get a little bit more respect for what he's done for Balisong. He's O.G... ya dig?
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

sheneniganer

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:16 pm

c.wigum wrote:
You're allowed to think it, I doubt anyone would disagree... but just keep it to yourself. That dude should get a little bit more respect for what he's done for Balisong. He's O.G... ya dig?

Well put. Exactly the point I was trying to make to begin with.
6 Out of 18. What are you?
/ Rolling with the cutting edge of a new order.
<<

Quintocer0s

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:49 pm

Good job replying to me when talking about calling HIM a smurf. I'm not the one you were talking to.
<<

Arcbaliangel

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:12 pm

i think the big thing some of the guys are missing is what time period hes from and jsut how old these vids aer also. lol i think like the 70's??? so ya and also Clay was a unique guy and a fucking genius with a balisong we should all praise him and just ignore the disturbing shorts lol and if he was still aeround he probably would still wear em and say "fuck u" to anyone who had a comment to maek about his clothes haha. my stand is if u can flip that good u can wear whatever u want......just make sure u wear somehting!!! haha :TU:
Flipping isn't a Crime, But not Flipping is ;]
<<

Palethius

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:36 pm

Bladejunkie wrote: ...just don't say stupid shit...

That pretty much goes for everyone, everywhere.
#16 huh? /rollin' somethin' for the future....
<<

knifezoid

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:54 pm

Wow, I haven't seen Clay's work in a while. Perfect example of clean and excellent execution.
That guys flips to the 'T'. Not one sloppy catch, transfer, richochet. Everything is done with
precision. You can tell everything is very deliberate and not just spontaneous. People should
go back and review his work. Newbs have A LOT to learn from him. It's so funny how people
will make fun of him and then put on youtube videos of themselves flipping sloppy as all hell
with absolutely no form or thought into their routine. Or worse yet, they have NO VIDEOS.

Word of advice for all NEWBS/SMURFS/PREPUBESCENT flippers: Keep your mouth shut until
you have something worthwhile to contribute to the table.

Guns for show, knives for a pro. ( [X] )
<<

Blackbird Lore

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:57 am

Thanks for this. Vids like this and Blasto's make me realize just how far flipping has come in general. Watching some of those older vids, they seem rather "plain" compared to say Fke's crazy-fast fingers. That said, he also slightly reminds me of V. Dark because he also did a lot of manipulations with the knives locked and you don't see much of that ever.

As for the shorts: at least they weren't beach shorts or some shit.
Haters gonna hate.
<<

knifezoid

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:15 pm

Blackbird Lore wrote:Thanks for this. Vids like this and Blasto's make me realize just how far flipping has come in general. Watching some of those older vids, they seem rather "plain" compared to say Fke's crazy-fast fingers. That said, he also slightly reminds me of V. Dark because he also did a lot of manipulations with the knives locked and you don't see much of that ever.

As for the shorts: at least they weren't beach shorts or some shit.

Well the thing is his old school moves will still beat a lot of new school flippers. Good example is when Fke went up against Greg.
Greg doesn't do much that is really "new school". All his moves are old school moves for the most part. Fke on the other hand is
the definition of a new school flipper. He has very high technical ability and probably one of the flippers leading the way. However,
who won that challenge? Greg. Why? Execution. It was perfect, it was deliberate, it was performed to the utmost ability.

My guess is Clay's routines would still win outright over a lot of newer flippers these days who are doing newer/more advanced
tricks simply because I think what lacks these days is a focus on execution. It's kind of a: Well I landed it so that's that attitude.

Guns for show, knives for a pro. ( [X] )
<<

Blackbird Lore

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:21 pm

knifezoid wrote:Well the thing is his old school moves will still beat a lot of new school flippers. Good example is when Fke went up against Greg.
Greg doesn't do much that is really "new school". All his moves are old school moves for the most part. Fke on the other hand is
the definition of a new school flipper. He has very high technical ability and probably one of the flippers leading the way. However,
who won that challenge? Greg. Why? Execution. It was perfect, it was deliberate, it was performed to the utmost ability.

My guess is Clay's routines would still win outright over a lot of newer flippers these days who are doing newer/more advanced
tricks simply because I think what lacks these days is a focus on execution. It's kind of a: Well I landed it so that's that attitude.

I agree, and have taken to watching GreG closely after hearing this mentioned a few times, and I'm picking up on it. Gives me hope that I can be a worthy participant sooner than I originally believed.
Haters gonna hate.
<<

Raikov

Post Sun May 01, 2011 3:00 pm

Wow, this guy is great. i would comment on the shorts, but I'm too amazed by the flipping. So fluent and connected, its great stuff. Anyone know what bali's he was flipping? i know this was an old video, and i dont know if the 4x series was available back then, so maybe it was a PCC or something. I'm just a smurf, i don't know =D
You Play Sc2? Pm me. We'll get in touch :D

The world is our's to conquer, ripe for the taking. The beginning to the end of all. Victory will be sweet; Vengeance will be savored. The time for our reign is now.
<<

Arcbaliangel

Post Sun May 01, 2011 6:04 pm

Raikov wrote:Wow, this guy is great. i would comment on the shorts, but I'm too amazed by the flipping. So fluent and connected, its great stuff. Anyone know what bali's he was flipping? i know this was an old video, and i dont know if the 4x series was available back then, so maybe it was a PCC or something. I'm just a smurf, i don't know =D

Lol I don't know for sure. But I would say a balisong similar to a Jaguar, maybe a pcc, its hard to tell bc he flips so fast
Flipping isn't a Crime, But not Flipping is ;]
<<

CDR_Glock

Post Mon May 09, 2011 1:56 pm

I like the link to the step by step tutorials of dozens of moves broken down by category. It's too bad my connection is so slow.
PreviousNext

Return to The Art of Flipping