FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Tips & Secrets

Moderator: slashncut

<<

FkeSpydrFly

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:22 am

Re: Tips & Secrets

Yeah man when i get cut i keep going i just switch hands and suck on the cut to stop the bleeding and its over with.

No offence CN but i think you could have gone without getting stitches
fke
<<

slashncut

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:53 pm

bullshit

I've had stitches once when I got cut, and you can't just "switch hands", because of the puddle of blood that appears under the cut hand.

yes, we all want to be hardcore, and when I get a little nick, I ignore it too(the older members will remember FATOC09, where we had to post a vid every three days, no recovery time). But don't advise people not to treat deep cuts....
FATOC 2009 first place
FATOC 2010 first place
FATOC 2011 first place(shared)
<<

feenxfire

Post Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:38 pm

I always clean my finger with Bactine or something, hold it shut and super glue it and then I wrap it all up in electric tape. Even when I did have medical insurance. Heh. Fuck a doctor!
<<

kmnremtp

Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:49 pm

Might I add, Flip in a strobe light. don't know how much it helps, it seems to slow the knife way down. Plus it just looks way cool.

question- I forgot it.--- I remembered it--- When learning a new move, do you guys find it easier to start out slow and move to faster or start out fast and when u land it you dont have to worry about speeding up?
<<

Macrocheesium

Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:12 pm

kmnremtp wrote:question- I forgot it.--- I remembered it--- When learning a new move, do you guys find it easier to start out slow and move to faster or start out fast and when u land it you dont have to worry about speeding up?

Look here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4023
<<

Stickell

Post Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:25 am

Well, I don't have many tips as I'm fairly new to serious flipping.
From what I've picked up so far.

1. Don't try to learn to fast, Stay focused on the more simple moves, They are the building blocks of all the hard moves (obviously). Trying to move to fast and not getting a hard move quick enough is going to be very discouraging to most.

2. Loctite your knife(Knives). Seriously.
Here is a link the video that helped me figure out how to use and what type to get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS0Zvf1YhMg

3. Don't give up. If you get cut, Don't be mad, you knew the risk when you took the hobby, I mean, your flipping a fucking knife. Duh.

4. There are plenty of video tutorials around youtube. I'm talking mainly about Cutlerylover and CalviNNation.
If either of you read this, You're both awesome IMO.
And links to there Channels below

http://www.youtube.com/user/CalviNNation

http://www.youtube.com/user/cutlerylover
<<

feenxfire

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:55 pm

I was praticing a combo earlier which involves some heavy pinky chaplin spins. My hand was getting really dry and the skin around that part of my pinky was starting to crack and shit. So I lathered up with some lotion. God, it's been a long time since I've done that! It felt so right.

Don't use a lot. Seriously....put a thin layer in your hand before you start flipping.

It works miracles!!
<<

FullM3talDoc

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Secret:

My first run in with a bali all i knew was how to open and close it I believed thats all there was to it. I was 15 at that time got into a fight with it and got shived. i got one for a late christmas present this january and have an undying passion for flipping. i already have all the youtube tricks i found down but my thirst has yet to be quenched any one willing to help me get better at flipping the help would be appreciated I look at some of the people here and i see some big names that i have learned with in the past couple of months props to the skills
<<

Bladejunkie

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:36 am

post an intro please :D
3rd place OKCA 2012
<<

dprocter

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:48 pm

Tip- big balls! Don't think about getting cut, that should be the least of your worries, if your worried about that sell the damn thing.
<<

sleeve

Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:23 am

5 push ups everytime you drop the knife where its not suppose to drop (i.e. if your flipping over a bed and you drop on the floor). no more flipping until you pay yourself 5 push ups, its your punishment for dropping. if you drop in front of live spectators then its 20 push ups.
<<

BritishFlipper

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:25 pm

Tip From a British Flipper

Warm up your hands :clap:
Last edited by BritishFlipper on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Insert Witty Remark Here [...]
<<

zenless1

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:48 pm

Something I've always done when flipping is just feel where the knife wants to go
<<

JJhamilton

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:13 pm

Dont try to catch a falling knife....
<<

Quintocer0s

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:44 am

JJhamilton wrote:Dont try to catch a falling knife....

I always try to catch mine.
PreviousNext

Return to The Art of Flipping