FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Tips & Secrets

Moderator: slashncut

<<

MADsawgunner

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:03 pm

Re: Tips & Secrets

you guys may think im stuped 4 this but here it goes. i hear alot about people cuting themselvs on here :TD: so my tip. superglue. it keeps the cut closed, drys in an instant, and wont get in the way when you train. i may have just started flipen but im a pro at cuting the crap out of my self. just check the ingreadents for any of your alerges.
<<

Renaissance-Reborn

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:19 pm

MADsawgunner wrote:you guys may think im stuped 4 this but here it goes. i hear alot about people cuting themselvs on here :TD: so my tip. superglue. it keeps the cut closed, drys in an instant, and wont get in the way when you train. i may have just started flipen but im a pro at cuting the crap out of my self. just check the ingreadents for any of your alerges.

Naw, man. Lots of guys on here superglue cuts shut. Don't down yourself to start out with, be confident :lol: :TU:
<<

taylob15

'flipping beast'

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:31 pm

so super glue really works well i didnt want to try it yet
feenxfire wrote:now you know my power i will prove it no further

TSCKBTA
<<

MADsawgunner

Post Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:05 pm

ive had a nurse tell me i needed 5 stiches. it took 5 seconds and alittle superglue. it barley even scared
<<

BYAKUYA

Post Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:48 pm

Yeah i was sceptic about super glue. Usually it takes me about 10 -15 min to get the deep cuts to stop bleeding but when i stabbed myself in the knee last night i decided to go with the superglue. 2 min and i was back to flipping. I do however have a bit of a limp today.
<<

JGranger

Post Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:24 pm

YES!!!!! super glue is the BEST way to heal em up fast!
' so in your 3 min vid you do a 5 second trick and then run around in your underpants for 2 mins and 55 seconds?' -looseyfur

'The only easy day was yesterday.' -Navy SEAL creed.
<<

MADsawgunner

Post Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:24 am

just for the bleeding try keeping the cut as high above your heart as you can and dont just hold cloth or a bandade on it put pressur like stuped hard it shoulh stop really fast. of course the above the heart thing would be hard on your leg but the pressur would help :TD:
<<

Renaissance-Reborn

Post Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:26 pm

MADsawgunner wrote:just for the bleeding try keeping the cut as high above your heart as you can and dont just hold cloth or a bandade on it put pressur like stuped hard it shoulh stop really fast. of course the above the heart thing would be hard on your leg but the pressur would help :TD:

In summary don't stab yourself in the leg :lol:

But yea, never hurts to have something to put pressure on with. A shirt will always due as long as you don't mind throwing it out (or washing it vigorously)
<<

MADsawgunner

Post Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:12 pm

Renaissance-Reborn wrote:
MADsawgunner wrote:just for the bleeding try keeping the cut as high above your heart as you can and dont just hold cloth or a bandade on it put pressur like stuped hard it shoulh stop really fast. of course the above the heart thing would be hard on your leg but the pressur would help :TD:

In summary don't stab yourself in the leg :lol:

But yea, never hurts to have something to put pressure on with. A shirt will always due as long as you don't mind throwing it out (or washing it vigorously)

na i ware that shit people look at me like "OMG are you ok" and im just like "you should see the other guy" some people may think im a killer now but what the hell. :monkeypiss: on them
<<

terror night

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:58 am

TIP: If you drop the knife don't just go "Aw fuck, it's on the floor." no, fuck that bullshit to hell and back on a horse named pain. CATCH THE FUCKING KNIFE!!!!! I mean, unless you're scared.....but you could invent an entirely new trick by catching the knife after you drop it and say it's an aerial. I could bet that's how the suicide drop was made.

In short, don't be a dyke, catch that knife! (OMG someone quote that shit!)
I have almost mastered the Homicide Drop. I just need to put up a knife review, then you'll all get to see a homicide!
<<

BYAKUYA

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:46 am

terror night wrote:TIP: If you drop the knife don't just go "Aw fuck, it's on the floor." no, fuck that bullshit to hell and back on a horse named pain. CATCH THE FUCKING KNIFE!!!!! I mean, unless you're scared.....but you could invent an entirely new trick by catching the knife after you drop it and say it's an aerial. I could bet that's how the suicide drop was made.

Yeah i won't say that was a tip. more of a user preferrance. i personally have given up on catching falling knives and moved on to flipping over a bed or a floor with carpets. i would much rather pick up the knive and continue flipping than having to go to the first-aid kit 5 times a day. But i guess some guys just value their knives more than a meatshredded hand.
<<

terror night

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:14 am

BYAKUYA wrote:
terror night wrote:TIP: If you drop the knife don't just go "Aw fuck, it's on the floor." no, fuck that bullshit to hell and back on a horse named pain. CATCH THE FUCKING KNIFE!!!!! I mean, unless you're scared.....but you could invent an entirely new trick by catching the knife after you drop it and say it's an aerial. I could bet that's how the suicide drop was made.

Yeah i won't say that was a tip. more of a user preferrance. i personally have given up on catching falling knives and moved on to flipping over a bed or a floor with carpets. i would much rather pick up the knive and continue flipping than having to go to the first-aid kit 5 times a day. But i guess some guys just value their knives more than a meatshredded hand.

I can see how it wouldn't really be a "tip"...but I was thinking more practically. If you go to catch the knife as it's falling chances are you'll catch it and not get hurt, badly at least. Also as previously mentioned you could accidentally make a new trick. The chances of that happening are slim but still, where there's a will there's a psycho with a knife that just HAS to find a way. In this case me.
I have almost mastered the Homicide Drop. I just need to put up a knife review, then you'll all get to see a homicide!
<<

slashncut

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:20 pm

I have the nasty habit of placing my foot where the knife lands, which I do not recommend, got a few nasty cuts that way
FATOC 2009 first place
FATOC 2010 first place
FATOC 2011 first place(shared)
<<

white_star_32

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:11 pm

slashncut wrote:I have the nasty habit of placing my foot where the knife lands, which I do not recommend, got a few nasty cuts that way

LOL i do that too...now i don't feel so bad. When i'm at work i'll stick my foot out and break the fall of the knife, because it's just cement floors below the very dense carpet... but that knife is a 51. when i'm home...and barefoot...i repeat the habit to break the fall of a 42 or kimura. much heavier...
"Before you say anything, know that mattresses are very dangerous and cunning fighters."
<<

terror night

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:33 pm

A good way to deal with that is to make your work atmosphere more aggressive and active so that you'll instinctively, from your surroundings, know to put your foot out to stop the knife. Keep home a more mellow haven for relaxed flipping so that you'll think more before you go sticking your foot out to it's death. I do hear that this also increases job productivity, so that raise might be just around the corner! And one more thing. Why do you have the lighter, simpler looking, 51 at work where everybody sees you flipping it, and the heavier, more damaging, 42 and kimura at home where they're more prone to breaking YOUR stuff? My best and most obvious practical advice would be to bring your kimura to work because it's more flashy and everybody will crowd around you like you're jesus. But then again if both the 42 and kimura are new balis.....I could see why the 51 at work is the best choice. If this is the case then this post has no meaning and I just wasted 9 text lines of your life. Haha.....and now it's ten! So ha. Ten lines. :woot: :nutkick:
PreviousNext

Return to The Art of Flipping