FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Tips & Secrets

Moderator: slashncut

<<

JJhamilton

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:12 am

Re: Tips & Secrets

Quintocer0s wrote:
JJhamilton wrote:Dont try to catch a falling knife....

I always try to catch mine.

So do I now, but how did they work out when you were new to flipping........some of my worst cuts wasnt from flipping but trying to catch tbe knife after a fail....
<<

evander77

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:48 pm

I have a good tip!
Every time I'm in a place where knives are forbidden like school or work y always try to do an aerial with my scissors or anything sharp. It worked for me hopefully it will work for you guys. Its good for your hand eye coordination.

Hope this helps!
evander77 (Otto)
<<

Switchfeathers

Post Thu May 17, 2012 11:36 am

Tip: If you're starting out flipping, or just have a knife that you don't EDC. Don't bother sharpening it all the time. While its good to have an edge to remind you when you mess up, blood only makes a mess of things.

If you're not using an EDC knife to flip, let the edge keep its bite, but don't make it into a razorblade.

Keep the skin slicing until you have some impressive ways to do it. A cut hand during a complex trick is badass, a cut hand during a simple one is not.
<<

Johnny Dobroboy

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:55 pm

TIP: Try flipping with and without your latch. I noticed everything is a lot more fluid without the latch flapping all around on my BK3.
<<

JJhamilton

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:36 am

Johnny Dobroboy wrote:TIP: Try flipping with and without your latch. I noticed everything is a lot more fluid without the latch flapping all around on my BK3.

Ive tried, and agree certain knives seen to feel better without but i always put it back...i use ot as a reference to remind me mid routin which handle i have. And its only a slight dif to me in flipping with or w/o the latch. Honestly i dont care about having a bail that doeant have a latch, its a turn off on some customs and even gold series BMs. Especially if you pocket the bali instead of having a sheath.
<<

Riptide

Post Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:14 pm

well, figured id drop my two cents in for the hell of it:

if you cut yourself, dont stop flipping. grab that shit and keep going. unless its a gusher...they are just messy

also, dont be afraid to just grab your bali and move it around. i literally figured out how to choke fan without any tutorial, it just happened...

so yeah, practice practice practice and flip till you bleed, and if its not ridiculously bad, keep flipping!

(not sure how everyone is about this, but sometimes i leave the bloodstains on my bali if im feeling lazy. gives it character lol)
a.k.a. The Professor (courtesy of Ryanol)
Collecting cuts since February 2013
http://www.youtube.com/mrriptide161
<<

c.wigum

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:35 am

Testicular cancer is no joke. Check for lumps.
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

Malcolm Reynolds

be the malcolm

Post Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:20 pm

flip latchless and blindfolded
rms+Image= :poop:
:pirate1: + :taco: = :taco_pirate:
Previous

Return to The Art of Flipping