FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Y2K Rollover HELP...

Moderator: slashncut

<<

RockChalkFlipper

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:16 am

Y2K Rollover HELP...

Ok so for whatever reason the Y2K Rollover simply eludes me. I can only land it about 15% of the time I attempt it. I don't really know what I could be doing wrong but its starting to get to me a little bit because at this point I can actually do more difficult moves such as Behind the Eight Ball, Double Index Rollover, and even Around the World (albeit not perfectly) much more effeciently and with more success than I can a simple Y2K Roll...

:?

I gave this thread a good look but even after adjusting my grip have had no more success:
http://www.brokenbrains.us/arena/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2503&p=31401&hilit=y2k+Rollover#p31401

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Friend of mine--"Dude I'll give you a dollar everytime you get cut with that thing."
Me--"Better hit up an ATM."
<<

Bladejunkie

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:24 am

Re: Y2K Rollover HELP...

without a video of how you do the Y2K no one can see what you're doing wrong :oops:
3rd place OKCA 2012
<<

xxpacexx

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:14 pm

Bladejunkie wrote:without a video of how you do the Y2K no one can see what you're doing wrong :oops:
<<

pygmy_marmoset

Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:11 pm

I don't think the moves you listed are necessarily harder than the y2k. It's just that the y2k rollover is a foundational move that most people learn first and know well before they move on to behind the 8-balls, etc, so therefore those moves are thought of as a step up, but they aren't really harder as far as how much you have to practice.

Maybe you just need to practice more.When I learned the Y2k I used Cutlerylover's tuto and I spent 2 entire nights from dusk to dawn just kneeling on my bed trying to do the Y2K. I suggest you do the same, just take a big block of time, like 8 hours or so, and just do y2ks over and over again.

There are also 2 ways to do this move, the modern style that cutlerylover teaches in his vid and the way Micheal Janich teaches in his DVD in which the thumb holds the balisong against the entire hand instead of just against the pointer finger.
<<

RockChalkFlipper

Post Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:41 pm

So at the risk of sounding both incredably lame and nieve I don't actually have the ability to record video short of spending a couple hundred bucks...

Any way I think that pygmy is right and I'm just gonna have to learn through repetition, repetition, and more repetition.
Friend of mine--"Dude I'll give you a dollar everytime you get cut with that thing."
Me--"Better hit up an ATM."
<<

Y.T.

Post Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:19 pm

This must sound dumb, but are the Y2K and the zen rollover different besides which handles they start with?
<<

Fargaminium

Post Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:25 am

Y.T. wrote:This must sound dumb, but are the Y2K and the zen rollover different besides which handles they start with?

They are not different, Y2K starts with the bite handle, the Zen Rollover with the safe handle :TU:
Muhammed Ali had it all wrong, butterflies sting plenty
<<

Bladejunkie

Post Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:05 pm

pshh... the y2k and zen start with whatever handles I tell them to
3rd place OKCA 2012
<<

cja245

Post Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:09 pm

so what exactly is the problem? The only thing i can think of is that you are letting go of the handle to early. The rest of the trick pretty much does itself.
"I wanna stab someone in the mouth and tell em to "Taste the Rainbow" -MoreBeef

6th Place - FAToC '10
http://www.youtube.com/user/cja245

Return to The Art of Flipping