FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Passing Vid !!

Moderator: slashncut

<<

Nardath

Post Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:35 am

Passing Vid !!

Ok so i remember people being enthusiastic about this idea. and id love to see entries so we can make this happen. so im starting a new thread with the same explanation. please post if your gonna participate. and ill set a due date if theres enough people willing to participate.

"Ok so im starting this Project From Scratch, but im gonna be more strict on the Entries this time.
I want new entries, sorry for those who spent time on making entries before but yeah, its after the FATOC, we all got better and i want really good entries. ANYTHING THAT I FIND NOT TO PAR, I WILL REJECT. im not gonna be nice with this, i want this shit to be good. alot of it will be the same idea but this time its more strict, especially with the entry and exit throws.

so as stated before :

Catch from the left of the screen (have someone flick it at yah) and pass it out to the right side of the screen.

I want a nice clean arch, think of kinda like a rainbow, up and over when u throw it out and have it coming down and over when ur catching it. nothing sloppy, in order to make it look good, the passes must be good.

all passes are to be done flipping, no closed bali passes, the bali has to be spinning on the in pass and on the out pass

in reality when ur gonna film it, you gotta catch it from you right and throw it to your left.
so it looks like this

-----> :twisted: ----->

I want 10-15 seconds MAX, anything longer will make the film too long and dragged out. i know its short but be creative and nothing sloppy, take the time and make something that looks good.

If your worried about ur level of flipping, its not to worry. i want every skill level in this.

Make sure your in the shot, have everything onscreen, have your face in in so all of you torso, if you can get ur whole body ( like down to you knees or shins) would be great, try to keep everyones vids kinda the same.

Nice and clear Back ground if possible, good lighting, no trashy rooms in the back ground with laundry and people on the couch. please make an effort or im just not gonna use ur vid. just TRY and make something decent, not asking for a Vince-Dark professional backdrop but something usable, ur representing the Community.

As for the Bali used, use what you got, but if you have a 42 or kimmy or something in the "silver" colour, use that, if all you got is a 51, its fine it will work anyway.

I will not be nice, if i dont like ur entry ill tell yah to redo. dont take anything personally. i just want this to look nice.

so you can upload to youtube with the highest quality possible and post on this thread, im not gonna use old vids, so all new stuff. did i forget anything ? questions ?"
ImageImage
Third at FATOC 11'
Looseyfur wrote:the lord satan invents all tricks then he gives them to top flippers in the form of superpowers to be manifiest into reality from the nightmare realm.
<<

CalviNNatioN

Post Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:10 am

Re: Passing Vid !!

Im Down!

I think this Idea would look awesome if executed right.
<<

GetTheFood11

Post Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:20 pm

I would participate, but no one will flipped the knife to me.
<<

CalviNNatioN

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:06 am

Nardath, I am thinking about it, I would reccomend 7-10 seconds max. Cause I think 15 seconds would be way too long, 10 seconds is even cutting it close. Even working with the promo material, if you dont keep it moving, it feels like forever and with the passing video people will start skipping forward to see the next pass. The faster things move along the higher the viewers attention span. If you look at the promo vid I bet I didnt have a single clip longer than 7,8 seconds without some kind of cut.

15 seconds per pass = 4 flippers/min - way too slow
10 seconds per pass = 6 flippers/min - I would still say a tiny bit too slow
7-8 seconds per pass = around 7-8/min, that would be ideal I think.

I think this is a sick Idea so if we do each pass at 7-8 seconds each and make the video 1:30 long we could get 10-11 flippers and keep the attention span at 100%. This way, people will be able to watch it again and again, I know if I saw a sick flipping vid that was 1:30 to 1:40 long that moved super fast I would most likely want to see it again because of how awesome it would likely be.

I always say short and sweet.
<<

DeadPuppy

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:13 am

CalviNNatioN wrote:Nardath, I am thinking about it, I would reccomend 7-10 seconds max. Cause I think 15 seconds would be way too long, 10 seconds is even cutting it close. Even working with the promo material, if you dont keep it moving, it feels like forever and with the passing video people will start skipping forward to see the next pass. The faster things move along the higher the viewers attention span. If you look at the promo vid I bet I didnt have a single clip longer than 7,8 seconds without some kind of cut.

15 seconds per pass = 4 flippers/min - way too slow
10 seconds per pass = 6 flippers/min - I would still say a tiny bit too slow
7-8 seconds per pass = around 7-8/min, that would be ideal I think.

I think this is a sick Idea so if we do each pass at 7-8 seconds each and make the video 1:30 long we could get 10-11 flippers and keep the attention span at 100%. This way, people will be able to watch it again and again, I know if I saw a sick flipping vid that was 1:30 to 1:40 long that moved super fast I would most likely want to see it again because of how awesome it would likely be.

I always say short and sweet.

I like this. And with short and sweet combos, you can pack all your best moves into a short time. It really increases the wow factor for each clip, rather than having to wait through basic stuff to see anything good.
"The best thing about killing a mime..is that they don't make any noise. It's the ultimate silent kill." -Vincent Dark
<<

Nardath

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:29 pm

yeah, probably a good idea to make them shorter, but the problem is the pass in and out itself takes a little while themselves. by the time u catch it, its already a few seconds gone. doenst leave much for flipping..

i suggest around 8 seconds. Everyone cool with this idea ?
ImageImage
Third at FATOC 11'
Looseyfur wrote:the lord satan invents all tricks then he gives them to top flippers in the form of superpowers to be manifiest into reality from the nightmare realm.
<<

taylob15

'flipping beast'

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:53 pm

Nardath wrote:yeah, probably a good idea to make them shorter, but the problem is the pass in and out itself takes a little while themselves. by the time u catch it, its already a few seconds gone. doenst leave much for flipping..

i suggest around 8 seconds. Everyone cool with this idea ?

yeah im gonna join to sounds good
feenxfire wrote:now you know my power i will prove it no further

TSCKBTA
<<

CalviNNatioN

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:51 pm

8 seconds sounds perfect
<<

harry04

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:12 pm

GetTheFood11 wrote:I would participate, but no one will flipped the knife to me.

Throw it to yourself. :TU:
<<

Pathian

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:49 am

GetTheFood11 wrote:I would participate, but no one will flipped the knife to me.

Bank it off the wall and catch the rebound ;)
<<

Boomaga

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:56 pm

oh snap I'm totally in on this if its still happening
<<

Palethius

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:26 am

I think I'd be down with this as well. Let me see what I can get together.
#16 huh? /rollin' somethin' for the future....

Return to The Art of Flipping