FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

New Balisong trick/combo (The Impossible)

Moderator: slashncut

<<

Looseyfur

Full of Smiles and Sunshine.

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:28 am

Re: New Balisong trick/combo (The Impossible)

the community will either adopt a new ("new") trick or not. All you can do is put it out there.
I would caution you though to do yer research and make sure you are going to look like a compete CLOWN when you suggest you've made a new trick.

you want to be MARKEDLY different when you create a new move.

I saw nothing new in jizz80 (or whatever the fuck his name is) video

I wouldnt call it a new move... and if thats the general feeling of the community then yer shit out of luck.

why ppl accept the cherrypicker as a new move may have as much to do with how it seemed different enough combined with a clever name combined with the SHEAR TALENT of the inventor.

again I saw nothing like that here, so name it what you want do what you want with it if everyone gets on board with it then a new move is born, if not you look like a turd.

shrug-
L.
"Loosey will throw down meat grinders in his wheelchair".
~Faultyply

Slaver: what is -=BRS=- ?
DeadPuppy: the future for balisongs

i blew the lid off of balisong-techniques.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<<

c.wigum

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:58 am

In the grand scheme of things... who really cares?

Why the hang-up on insisting that something is new and wanting to call it a name? It is what it is. If the community thinks it's something new they will adopt the trick and start calling it The Impossible I suppose. Time will tell.

I'm with Slash, I've never bothered to learn the names of any tricks. I don't particularly care what they are called.

Personally I tend to think of something "new" as something completely different that hasn't been seen before such as the zero G.

Nice job in posting your vid though :TU: Looks good...... just not new IMO.
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

Palethius

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:11 pm

c.wigum wrote:In the grand scheme of things... who really cares?

Why the hang-up on insisting that something is new and wanting to call it a name? It is what it is. If the community thinks it's something new they will adopt the trick and start calling it The Impossible I suppose. Time will tell.

I'm with Slash, I've never bothered to learn the names of any tricks. I don't particularly care what they are called.

Personally I tend to think of something "new" as something completely different that hasn't been seen before such as the zero G.

Nice job in posting your vid though :TU: Looks good...... just not new IMO.

QFT
I didn't learn the names until I started talking about them on forums. I still really don't care what they are called.
#16 huh? /rollin' somethin' for the future....
<<

HonorHer

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:18 pm

what slash said, the only way tricks get names is when you do it people like it and do it themselves and then refer to the trick by that name its like with my evisceration aerial there was a big debate over whether or not it was name worthy i said yes others said no but when i finally gave up on nameing it and spoke with Vincent, about doing it in a vid for me so i could see it from another point of view other than myself doing it, did others start to do it and only then when others did it and refered to it by that name was it recognized by the arena as "The Evisceration" like slash said tho its not about nameing your shit and getting everyone else to call it that its about doing what you like showing your creativity and if it catches on then it catchs on mate

EDIT: point in case ... looseys guillotine others did it and refered to it hence the guillotine was born
"How many human eyes . . . had snatched glimpses of their secret anatomies, down the passages of years?"

Clive Barker
"Books of Blood" FIRE643
Previous

Return to The Art of Flipping