FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Long breaks help flipping?

Moderator: slashncut

<<

DeadPuppy

Post Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:27 am

Long breaks help flipping?

Ok so every once in a while I'll be working on a combo and no matter how hard I try I just. can't. do it. But then something will come up in my life and I wont' be able to flip for a few days. When I come back to flipping, I'll try the combo and BAM! I can do it! I'm not saying this is always true, certainly I get very rusty if I don't flip for a long time, but I always feel like whenever I take those unintentional 2-3 day breaks every few weeks, I come back fresh and my technique is better. Anyone else experience this?
"The best thing about killing a mime..is that they don't make any noise. It's the ultimate silent kill." -Vincent Dark
<<

c.wigum

Post Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: Long breaks help flipping?

I have kind of experienced what you are talking about....although I haven't taken any breaks from flipping, just breaks from trying certain tricks.

Chaplan's are a prime example. At one point I had all but given up on learning them and thought that it just wasn't meant to be and I moved on to learning something else. Came back to it weeks later and KAPOW!!! I could do them (I was going to use a BAM!, but that has already been taken for this thread, IMO a KAPOW is just as good).

I tend to think a lot about certain tricks I want to learn. I think visualization works to a certain extent, well at least it has helped me.
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

taylob15

'flipping beast'

Post Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:37 pm

I had this happen to me but more like wigum. i was having lots of trouble with 0g chaplins so i moved on left it came back a few months later and SHAZAM!! i got it on like the first try.
feenxfire wrote:now you know my power i will prove it no further

TSCKBTA
<<

Boomaga

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:07 pm

this guy couldn't do scissors / ring finger chaplins/ thumb chaplins 3 weeks ago.

decides to try again

Zing~

now cranks them out regularly

Return to The Art of Flipping