FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Balisong Games

Moderator: slashncut

<<

Nardath

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:54 am

Balisong Games

Some of us have played B.A.L.I. over skype or over TC, I thought it would be a good idea to have somewhere we can post official rules and regulations on over the net (or IRL) Bali Games.

Skype games are good practice and good oppurtunity to learn new shit, practice shit you usually don't do. And another way to stay competitive in this community.

So if you have suggestions on games or rules on said games post here. I'll keep updating this post for easy reference. So heres a few to get the ball rolling:

B.A.L.I.

-This game is kinda like horse or S.K.A.T.E. First player does a trick, the second player imitates if failed, gets a letter and so on

- If first player fails his first trick, the second player gets to do a trick to be imitated by first player

-first player can be determined by players via whichever means (suggestions? Rock/paper/scissors?)

-two tries for the last letter

-trick must be executed perfectly, sloppy moves or half assed is a letter or pass (honnor system here guys, with a sloppy cam and shitty connection, it's easy to say you've done something also u fucked it up)

Add-On

This game is like the game add-on in bouldering (for you climbers out there) first player does a short trick (ex: helix or twirl) and second player does said trick and adds one after, and so on.

-if player fails to repeat the combination of tricks he fails. (combo must be executed with no errors, doesn't have to be perfect execution but has to be exactly as stated. Again honor system guys)

-to make game last longer, you can give each player 2-3 tries to complete the combo (must be established b'y players before game starts)

-this game can be played by multiple people at once.

So if you have Any ideas for games or suggestions on rules just reply and I'll add to first post (this one lol)
ImageImage
Third at FATOC 11'
Looseyfur wrote:the lord satan invents all tricks then he gives them to top flippers in the form of superpowers to be manifiest into reality from the nightmare realm.
<<

Looseyfur

Full of Smiles and Sunshine.

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:10 am

Re: Balisong Games

/like :TU:
"Loosey will throw down meat grinders in his wheelchair".
~Faultyply

Slaver: what is -=BRS=- ?
DeadPuppy: the future for balisongs

i blew the lid off of balisong-techniques.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<<

GetTheFood11

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:53 am

Sounds like a great way to learn new tricks. I haven't ever played this, but I don't have a webcam.
<<

Slaver

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:53 am

So this has to be over skype, in real time? I thought this would be over youtube which would be great since I don`t have a webcam. In fact I already filmed a starting trick for a start of the game.
<<

slashncut

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:07 am

no point doing in this via videos, because you can endlessly attempt something, and eventually get it right, completely defeating the purpose and fun of the game imo
FATOC 2009 first place
FATOC 2010 first place
FATOC 2011 first place(shared)
<<

Nardath

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:23 pm

exactly what slash said. these games are meant to be one shot deals. do it right the first time or ur beat. practice alot before playing lol

and for the webcams you can get REALLY cheap ones nowadays. if you can afford a bali, you can afford a webcam. iphone 4 works as well.
ImageImage
Third at FATOC 11'
Looseyfur wrote:the lord satan invents all tricks then he gives them to top flippers in the form of superpowers to be manifiest into reality from the nightmare realm.
<<

DeadPuppy

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:54 pm

We tried B.A.L.I. via youtube once when I first started here. It failed miserably. Webcam is about the only way to do it.
"The best thing about killing a mime..is that they don't make any noise. It's the ultimate silent kill." -Vincent Dark
<<

Boomaga

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:36 pm

i'm down for a few rounds if someone wants to challenge me to this. hopefully my webcam will work for this :D
<<

Cocinecro

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:06 pm

This is a great idea. No clever editing to cover up how many times we drop our balis. I'm down for this. How are we going to set up challenges? Are we going to post here or in the Challenges thread?
<<

Nardath

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:46 pm

Well the best way id say is through Czat. You both need to be online for it to happen. So exchange skype info on the Czat and get shit done. We did use TC in the last and it's too slow. Skype 1 on 1 convo is the best IMO.

And there's no point in making it "official" like for points. Games are just for fun and experience.
ImageImage
Third at FATOC 11'
<<

T-man

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:55 pm

I'm in
:mrt:
" It comes with the territory." - Jessica
" :vid: <--- Cause that's how shit works here for everyone :stickwhack: " - Silent Jay
<<

Silent Jay

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:55 pm

I think TC might work better if you want to get really intense games going for that combo game (which actually sounds pretty damn awesome).

Gets more variety in there because people are gonna tend to add more of their own personal style into the combo each time someone new adds on.
Image jay
Looseyfur wrote:...spouting his wacky charlie sheen warlocks speech

15 of ?
It's just how we /roll

<<

Nardath

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:16 am

Silent Jay wrote:I think TC might work better if you want to get really intense games going for that combo game (which actually sounds pretty damn awesome).

Gets more variety in there because people are gonna tend to add more of their own personal style into the combo each time someone new adds on.

Multiple flippers on TC would make sweet combos in the end. But the honor system must be used while using TC, coz sometimes u can't tell anything it's so slow. But if ur honest It can still happend.
ImageImage
Third at FATOC 11'
<<

taylob15

'flipping beast'

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:46 pm

DeadPuppy wrote:We tried B.A.L.I. via youtube once when I first started here. It failed miserably. Webcam is about the only way to do it.

haha yeah i remember that ...... it became a hassle
feenxfire wrote:now you know my power i will prove it no further

TSCKBTA

Return to The Art of Flipping