FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Live flipping contest - how would things be different?

Moderator: slashncut

<<

Palethius

Post Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:29 am

Re: Live flipping contest - how would things be different?

hmmm... haven't been around the arena much lately. Anyway, I think live bali flipping would be friggin' awesome. I think people would love it because the demographic your looking at loves gore and pain inflicted on others... especially when the person getting hurt is the one doing the hurting. I think money is not a valid concern because as KZ mentioned, people will buy what they want... even when they can't afford it. I think live tournaments would be easily accepted as viable entertainment by the masses. How many people do you know that even know what a bali is... let alone what you can REALLY do with one. Show them what is cool and they will eat it up. Look at pop music. Works there.

As for the NIB/provided bali... I don't like this idea at all. I wouldn't use a new bali or one that was given to me for the tourney. I don't know if any high level flipper would. Why would you use a tool that you are unfamiliar with? I would use the knife that I practiced with, or one that I am totally comfortable with. I guarantee that professionals in other alt sports don't just grab a new whatever and go to town for a tourney. Hell, baseball players spend tons of money for a bat. A bat. Again... a bat. Sure it helps them out. They're used to it and they know what it can do... or can't do. Same thing with the bali. I have 4 4x's. They all flip different. My 2 Spydies flip different. I'm not gonna roll up to a comp and just grab a knife off a shelf, even if it is NIB... and/or a 42. It's not gonna flip the same as mine. Why would I make it more difficult on myself when there would already be TONS of other things to worry about.

I love the idea of a live tournament. I hope that in the future there will be some and that I will be able to attend and compete along with all of you guys. Make it happen.
#16 huh? /rollin' somethin' for the future....
<<

Bladejunkie

Post Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Live flipping contest - how would things be different?

Palethius wrote:people will buy what they want... even when they can't afford it.

can you say bladerunners bali? :lol:
3rd place OKCA 2012
Previous

Return to The Art of Flipping