FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

You asked for it...

Moderator: slashncut

<<

Bladejunkie

Post Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:39 pm

You asked for it...

I have talked with the Oregon Knife Collector's Association and it's members and I am very proud to announce one of the first ever LIVE flipping tournaments! It will take place in Eugene, Oregon on April 14th, 2012 at the OKCA knife show. The show itself lasts through the 15th so feel free to stay afterwards and enjoy the scenery! There will be 2 skill divisions - Novice, and Experienced.

There will also be 3 rounds - One round will be a freestyle, one will be aerials, and one will be ambidexterity (transfers or doubles). Each contestant will get 3 attempts per round to allow for error and there will be a 10 minute intermission between each round to give everyone a chance to decide what their next move is.

As far as scoring goes, we will have a judge for each division. We have not yet decided how scoring is going to work. We are currently looking for an intermediate judge, so feel free to send me a PM if interested. I will be our beginner judge, and Sarahea will be the advanced judge.

Prizes include a DDR "holy moly" bali for first place in experienced, a Nathan Dewey custom for second place, Bladerunners Systems gear for third place in both novice and experienced, and Knives from Bradley Cutlery as novice prizes! First, second, and third place in both divisions will all receive a prize.

For those of you that may be taking a flight to Oregon:
There is a gun shop in Eugene with a safe. You can mail your knives there and pick them up at the show. More info soon!

If you plan on finding hotel accommodations it would be wise to do so early. If you show up the day of the show, chances are the whole town will be sold out.

I will be doing a promo for this, so if you want to participate post a video of your best 10 second combo.

Disclaimer: Nearly everything in this post is in no way permanent and is subject to change. Stay tuned. Updated information is in BLUE
Last edited by Bladejunkie on Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.
3rd place OKCA 2012
<<

Bladejunkie

Post Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:55 pm

Re: You asked for it...

reserved for promo entries

Last edited by Bladejunkie on Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3rd place OKCA 2012
<<

Quintocer0s

Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:47 pm

WHAT?! If i go to Eugene next year I get to meet you AND SARAH?! Oooooh I'm soooo excited!
<<

Bladejunkie

Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:28 pm

Damn right. Now go to the jdba and answer the poll with "i am attending"
3rd place OKCA 2012
<<

Bladejunkie

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:43 pm

massive overhaul
3rd place OKCA 2012