balisongs states laws

what states are balisongs illegal in :?
Nardath wrote:i usually suggest people to learn less and master more
<<

Fishy Flipper

Post Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: balisongs states laws

Look it up!!! :stickwhack:
I am the owner of a Stone Cold Bitch, ps. she likes to bite!!
<<

sleeve

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:06 am

california is one, even though it violates the second amendment. an illegal law, ironic isnt it?
<<

MrSuperBlueHobo

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:23 pm

gravity knives and automatic knives are both legal in cali to buy, sell and carry if the blade is under 2 inches. :woot:
<<

Wheelman185

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:56 am

It might be legal to carry in a few states, but some Cops might not be up to par on the laws and will prob assume it is illegal until proven otherwise. Heard some stories about that. If you have an iPhone or Droid that can save pdf files, it might be a good idea to save one that states the laws concerning knives and what's considered "weapons" as a quick reference. If the cop isn't in total dick mode, and you prove it's fine under your state's law, maybe they'll let you slide.

They'd have to search you to find it, or you'd have to be drawing attention to yourself to run into any problems. I carried one for 3 years in Texas before I ran into any random trouble. There is always the possibility some over zealous, conservative, overbearing Christian civilians, that feel they are doing some awesome "Good Samaritan" service could report you not knowing the knife laws either. These are usually the ones that call it a "Switchblade."

Ignorance will always be your worst enemy in almost every scenario. Unfortunately ignorance and lack of intelligence, normally run rampant when it comes to these things.

Good Luck!
-Wheel

Just started flipping? Hard to find decent Balis in the $30-$60 range? The Search Ends Here!

Don't hold out for a BM42! Take that $400+ you are planning on spending and go get in line for an Alpha Beast! You won't be disaponted!
<<

newflipper

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:41 am

No law should apply to me. The only person I cut so far is me.

"I had blood on my balisong before I had locktite."-newflipper

Return to The Art of Flipping