FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

I need a new trick

Moderator: slashncut

<<

nitegaunt

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:59 am

I need a new trick

Just thought I'd get some input here. I have owned balisongs on and off since I was a kid but I have been actively flipping and learning new things for a little over a year. I have finally got my 8 Ball and Helix skills working and I have a bunch of other openings and rollovers like the index and zen/y2k moves under my belt. I was wondering what you all would suggest as a next move to tackle. I like rollover type moves like the 8 Ball. I also like moves that can be done at different speeds for effect. I tried the Kiss Goodbye out but it didn't feel good to me. So suggest something. I'm getting bored!
Flip it like it's hot!
<<

JJhamilton

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:35 am

Re: I need a new trick

If you haven't mastered chaplains id start....helps tie combos together and as simple as it looks I struggled for awhile and im not ashamed to admit it. Others may have picked it right up but I was discouraged several times...
<<

nitegaunt

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:41 am

I am pretty good with horizontal chaplins. It did take a while. I remember getting frustrated when I first tried. I only go around once on verticals, though. I use it to go into twirls and also at "the bottom" of a twirl to keep it looking continuous and smooth. I could use a tip or two on how to do multiple verticals, though. I've been trying for ever.
Flip it like it's hot!
<<

JJhamilton

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:32 pm

Most definitely one of the most frustrating things to learn for me....then you see some of the top tier guys make it look so smooth and easy....can't dismiss the talent here at this forum.
<<

c.wigum

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:11 pm

Cherry picker, advanced hellbent, scissoring, helix aerial to name a few.
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

nitegaunt

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:47 pm

Yeah, there is certainly some skill here! I know to really level up I need to get into scissoring and aerials. I someone do a nice half aerial and catch it on the spine of the blade to go into a chaplin. Would like to find a good tutorial on that move. I've been looking at the hellbent, too. I can helix but I am still a little hesitant on aerials. My main flipper is a Kimura and I can just see me catching a stab right off the bat! Thanks for the input. I thought this would be a good topic since I am sure there are others who are at my level and are wondering what moves would be a good progression to move up.
I started with openings until I got them smooth with both hands. Then I moved to rollovers, chaplins, and transitions (using the full twirl and a table top toss I do), then I moved on to 8 ball and helix. I've cut myself plenty in the process but I've tried to exercise patience and really get things down before moving on. The blender also looks like a good one to learn. I am interested how others have progressed too. What did you guys learn in what order?
Flip it like it's hot!
<<

HollowPsyche

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:00 pm

I kind of went randomly. Have you leanred the Sinister's Roll? That's a nice one to know. Very unusual, and a lot of fun. Not too hard either. I have a Kimura also, and was very scared to learn aerials for a really long time. But once you get the feel of your knife, you learn how to toss it right, and it's really easy. Not difficult. And when you do get stuck in the hand, it's literally just a little prick. Doesn't even always bleed. I highly recommend aerials, as they will open the doors to way more tricks and routines than you can do without them. They're pretty intimidating at first, but really aren't so bad. Also just some kinda' basic combos. The full twirl to to rollover is fun, so is the Y2K Handle Switch. Just look around. On youtube, Bitehandle has some pretty neat moves, and so does BalisongAddict. You should also check out Around the World and Orbit if you don't have those and like rollovers. Some blade grab techniques are also good to know. :)
<<

Quintocer0s

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:40 pm

Heres a nice list, with videos.

http://balisongtrick.sweb.cz/tuto.html
<<

Looseyfur

Full of Smiles and Sunshine.

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:38 pm

do the vaginator.
"Loosey will throw down meat grinders in his wheelchair".
~Faultyply

Slaver: what is -=BRS=- ?
DeadPuppy: the future for balisongs

i blew the lid off of balisong-techniques.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<<

HollowPsyche

Post Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:50 pm

Looseyfur wrote:do the vaginator.

Maybe I'm gonna' regret asking this, but is that real? XD I can't find it. I saw that and was like, "hahaha what? I have to look this up." :lol:
<<

balifreak23

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:14 am

learn the basic aerials to standard and reverse catch!
Seriously though if you wanted advice on how to fight.... go with the Bitch Slap as he won't be expecting that and it would be funny as fuck.
A full force slap across the chops then run like the wind.
Bitch Slap my friend.. it never fails. - c.wigum
<<

jz840

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:42 pm

If your using 51 or kimura slowing down vertical chaplins
Really helped me in doing more than one or two .... this also works
with doin em on my smallfly but they are still hard with a smallfly( mine is a G10 version )

The trick im working on now is the "reverse wheel"

Whenever I learn a trick lately ill get it down with my larger
knives then learn it with my smallfly.... I don't consider my self to have learned until I can do it easily
With any knife
<<

mangledkangaroo

Post Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:38 am

Yes! Chaplins are great top learn! And once you've got finger transitions and chaplins down you can check out a combo i made up. And i think it looks great! Its not the greatest video and im sorry for that. But you can probably learn off of it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDehPOds ... ture=g-upl
EnjoY
<<

Skaunders

f.k.a. DumbNinjaDude

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:16 am

Looseyfur wrote:do the vaginator.

:lol: brilliant!
<<

fixCZer

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:18 am

Quintocer0s wrote:Heres a nice list, with videos.

http://balisongtrick.sweb.cz/tuto.html

This`s my web pages :roll:
Visit this mirror: www.balisong.ic.cz
Sorry, but my English is very bad!

Return to The Art of Flipping