FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

tang/zen or technique

Moderator: slashncut

<<

JJhamilton

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:54 am

tang/zen or technique

So my question is does your thumb ever get sore from the tang pins when doing moves around the thumb......never had this problem before but my 51 is zen style....is it technique or just sharp tangs.
<<

c.wigum

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:14 pm

Re: tang/zen or technique

Umm whut?

I don't think I've ever heard anyone complain about sore thumbs from tang-pins. It just doesn't happen.... I don't even think I could make it happen on purpose.

The only time you will get injured from the tang (not tang-pins) is if it is oddly shaped or pointy. Take a look at the Mil Tac Bali http://www.jerzeedevil.com/forums/showt ... 51-mil-tac
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

JJhamilton

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:19 pm

Thanks for trying to help me figure it out......im with you never heard of it ethier.....but i believe i figured it out .......i wasnt hitting it with the tang pins and causing the issue exactly....the k5 i just got was actually pinching the crap out of the back of my thumb and i thoight it was the tangs scratching it.....ive adjusted my thumb rolls acoordingly and havent had an issue scince......had to some slow mo investigation using my other hand to roll yhe knife to figur it out....wife thought i was crazy too!! :oops:
<<

Swymco

Post Sat May 19, 2012 2:01 pm

I'm glad you figured out what was really happening. Because I couldn't figure out what you were talking about.

I feel like I've been pinched by the extended tang and handles on zen pin designs, but I couldn't recall that problem with tang pins.
Hominem te esse memento!
Memento sanguinem profundere!
<<

Skaunders

f.k.a. DumbNinjaDude

Post Sun May 20, 2012 4:04 pm

I've never had that problem with a kimmy but it happens from time to time with my 51.

Return to The Art of Flipping