FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Advice with scissoring?

Moderator: slashncut

<<

redsnake93

Post Thu May 31, 2012 12:24 pm

Advice with scissoring?

Hey guys, I've been trying to learn how to scissor for over a week now and I cant get it yet. My finger just keeps getting destroyed lol It seems after I do the full twirl all I can do is just an aerial and catch it. I can't seem to figure out how to get my finger in there to complete the move. Any advice?
Looking to buy a Jerry Hom Basilisk. PM ME!
<<

Quintocer0s

Post Thu May 31, 2012 1:47 pm

Re: Advice with scissoring?

Watch the videos, and practice it every day. Even if its just a little bit each day, it'll help.
<<

Nardath

Post Thu May 31, 2012 1:57 pm

Took me a year to learn scissoring. It's something that u "feel" one day it will click.
It's all in the scoop, so wrist pointing up and when the safe handle comes around just follow the spin, hence the scoop. Good luck!
ImageImage
Third at FATOC 11'
Looseyfur wrote:the lord satan invents all tricks then he gives them to top flippers in the form of superpowers to be manifiest into reality from the nightmare realm.
<<

taylob15

'flipping beast'

Post Thu May 31, 2012 5:02 pm

keep the your hand centered below the knife when it goes into the aerial and hold one finger out then when it comes down it will land with the safe handle on one side of your pointer finger and spine of the blade on other and when you can get that work in pushing on it with your middle finger until you can fluidly transfer to the full twirl
feenxfire wrote:now you know my power i will prove it no further

TSCKBTA
<<

redsnake93

Post Thu May 31, 2012 7:37 pm

Thanks for the advice guys! Nardath especially, your style amazes me haha. I'll keep up the practice!
Looking to buy a Jerry Hom Basilisk. PM ME!
<<

c.wigum

Post Thu May 31, 2012 10:49 pm

I made this just for you.

10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

Uh-Oh

Post Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:31 am

I think I recently learned scissoring, I realized I was doing it wrong after a month of learning. After I would catch it, I move my hand back and forth to get the handles moving. :roll:
To my noobish understanding you have to let it roll over your middle finger. After catching it with the middle and index palm up, then the "scooping" motion happens (nardath nailed it with that one, you will feel the scoop one day), rotate your hand downwards so the palm is facing down, using that momentum to roll over your middle finger. The scoop should end you in a similar position you caught it, but the handle is between you middle and ring, then twirl that sucker, rinse, repeat.
I more or so typed this for myself :mrgreen: gives me a good understanding of what i am doing while flipping. I hope it helps snake, I think there is a reason it is called scissoring, when learning, feels like a scissor just closed on your hand when you screw up.
Keep it spinning

Return to The Art of Flipping