FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

sinister roll question

Moderator: slashncut

<<

newflipper

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:18 pm

sinister roll question

Been working on the sinister roll. Got the moves down however I'm having trouble with the speed at the second move. I have to much pause. Any suggestions or tips?
<<

c.wigum

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:01 am

Re: sinister roll question

Sinisters roll is an odd ball sort of trick. I remember watching SinisterMinisterVII tutorial when I first started flipping and thought it looked pretty cool... then I watched CalvinNations tutorial and didn't think it looked that good.

It's a trick that has to be done really fast and fluid to look any good imo. If you do it slow it looks terrible.

The only thing for it is practice, practice and more practice.

If you're starting out with flipping I would suggest the full twirl, helix, behind the 8 ball and Y2K as starters... just keep the sinisters roll ticking along in the background. Those other tricks will give you a good base.
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

HollowPsyche

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:14 pm

Re: sinister roll question

If you mean you're having to pause when you're turning the knife by the bite handle, something I realized I was doing when first doing that move was turning the knife with my middle, ring, and pinky. Try just turning it with the middle. It feels a little weird and insecure, but it goes a lot faster.

Return to The Art of Flipping