FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Full twirl - misconceptions?

Moderator: slashncut

<<

Viceroy

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:54 pm

Full twirl - misconceptions?

Why do all the tutorials on the full twirl involve using your ring finger? You can do the exact move just anchoring between your middle and index, plus you can do it continuously just scissoring your fingers back and forth. What's the point of inserting your middle finger in there?
<<

Dyslexic

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:34 am

Re: Full twirl - misconceptions?

It looks more flashy and full if you insurt your ring finger. I feel like it gives it more of a twirl. I don't have the consistency or smoothness without adding my ring finger. It doesn't make it as twirly I guess.
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night. May becom a wolf, when the wolfbane blooms and the Autumn moon is bright"
<<

c.wigum

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:34 am

Because it looks ten times better than not using your middle finger.
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

JJhamilton

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:49 am

Wouldnt be full without the extra roll....be like the 3/4 twirl or something
<<

Silent Jay

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:12 pm

I actually used to do what you're describing a LOT (still do every now and then when I need to switch fingers at a faster speed). But I can tell you right now that is it NOT a full-twirl.

The full-twirl looks a lot better than what you are describing anyway. And the fact that it doesn't look as good AND it's easier is exactly why you don't want to be doing it.

Flipping is about skill as well as how good the flipping looks. And trying to cut corners on both to be "efficient" is going to make your flipping very half-assed and unimpressive.

Also, you don't need to bend your writs like you're trying to break it during the twirling motion either (again, in reference to your video).
Image jay
Looseyfur wrote:...spouting his wacky charlie sheen warlocks speech

15 of ?
It's just how we /roll

Return to The Art of Flipping