FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Go For It

Moderator: slashncut

<<

newflipper

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:48 pm

Go For It

As some of you know, I'm an older dude who just started flipping. My hand and eye coordination isn't good. Simple moves take weeks. One thing I've learned: when it comes to moves, you have to go for it. That's why I like flipping. You can't be afraid of bleeding. If you are then take up origami. Yeah, I've gone to work with fingers bandaged and cuts all over my hands. I'm not into the "put tape on the blade" or "buy a trainer." F#ck that. I bought an expensive, sharp knife to flip it not showcase it. Yeah I'm older but I share one thing in common with all of the younger guys here: we bleed together. I don't care if guys here at times bust my balls. We are brothers in balisong. So if you're new here and looking for sympathy and understanding visit another site called Oprah. However, if you're looking for a bunch of guys who know their stuff and won't sell you bullshit.. well then welcome aboard. Follow their instructions, ask questions and then go for it.
<<

The Jack of Clubs

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:42 pm

Re: Go For It

I have a trainer, love it. I can flip in public now without fear of confiscation!
"More than anything else the sensation is one of perfect peace mingled with an excitement that strains every nerve to the utmost, if you can conceive of such a combination."— Wilbur Wright

<<

LesserSanity

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:16 pm

Yeah, that's the only reason I plan on getting a trainer; I don't really want to risk a Class A Misdemeanor when I move back to Texas. I have a bottle-fly, but the weight is way different than what I'm used to.
<<

newflipper

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:21 pm

I haven't flipped publicly yet even though I carry. I will go and get a couple of beers soon. I'm a peaceful man. I just know if a thug wants to mess with my night I will watch him bleed. I flip with a purpose.
<<

The Jack of Clubs

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:24 am

To be quite honest, I think knives are among the most useless self-defense implement commonly referred to as such today. Especially folding knives! Not enough reach, doesn't disable quickly enough, too messy, and in lieu of dispatching the threat, you could very well kill them: something I don't want to have to deal with. You want self defense? Get a taser, some pepper spray, or both! My knife is a cutting tool or artistic implement only. If it injures anyone, it is going to be myself screwing up, well, most recently a bt8b. Felt bad about that one too. I've done it thousands of times...
"More than anything else the sensation is one of perfect peace mingled with an excitement that strains every nerve to the utmost, if you can conceive of such a combination."— Wilbur Wright

Return to The Art of Flipping