FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Behind the eight ball problems, please help

Moderator: slashncut

<<

jjk978

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:24 pm

Behind the eight ball problems, please help

Im having trouble with the transfer from index finger to thumb, any tips? :?:
Last edited by jjk978 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

The Jack of Clubs

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:07 pm

Re: Behind the eight ball

Trouble how? Please elaborate. Are you throwing it into your eye? If so, leave it there, let medical professionals take care of it, and stare at a single point on the knife while en route so you don't move your eye.
"More than anything else the sensation is one of perfect peace mingled with an excitement that strains every nerve to the utmost, if you can conceive of such a combination."— Wilbur Wright

<<

jjk978

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:28 am

Re: Behind the eight ball

Haha I'm not throwing it into my eye with the first finger transfer (index to thumb) I cannot do it fluently I often have to stop to do it I've been practicing for a bout a week on this trick and I just can't get that one part down.
<<

c.wigum

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:55 am

Re: Behind the eight ball problems, please help

Practice for another week. :TU:
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

jjk978

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:26 am

:D :lol:
<<

Cpfrombv

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:28 pm

jjk978 wrote:Im having trouble with the transfer from index finger to thumb, any tips? :?:

A friend first showed me how to do this but I left it and learned the Cherry picker instead. I revisted it tonight and got it down from a video in the tutorial section:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b1k19kknxY.For me, from the index to the thumb you have to get the motion down in one movement for momentum. I think learning the Orbit first sorta helped me with this. Although it goes in a different direction and the blade is in a different position, I was used to the movement around the thumb because of it. The finish of the Cherry Picker helped me with the ending on Behind the 8 ball. More advanced flippers may have a better way. From one smurf to another but a flipping brother, I hope this helps.
Mom told me not to run with scissors, but she never said I couldn't play with knives.
<<

Wheelman185

Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:22 am

I just keep it as close to the pivots as possible and touch my index to thumb just keeping the momentum. You can't ever do it slow. Even after weeks of practice I could still only land it half of the time until I finally got my Alpha Beast in. Now I land it almost everytime. Having a really balanced bali makes a difference I guess.

On a side note, once I got it down on my AB it's been alot easier landing it using any other Bali.
-Wheel

Just started flipping? Hard to find decent Balis in the $30-$60 range? The Search Ends Here!

Don't hold out for a BM42! Take that $400+ you are planning on spending and go get in line for an Alpha Beast! You won't be disaponted!

Return to The Art of Flipping